Home
https://www.rga.org/crime-skyrockets-alaska-failed-governor-bill-walker/
Perhaps the statistics are correct, but don't forget that every time the Alaska's economy is in decline, like it happened in the early to mid '80s, crimes such as burglary and other goes up. What makes matters worst this time is that now we have a lot more people living in Alaska than in the bust of the '80s. More people, more drugs and junkies, more crime and less money to combat it.

That said, I am not defending Walker by any means. I just know that crime goes up in bad times.
IMHO the crime is related to the import of miscreants both domestic and foreign who never had any intention of working so the economic conditions likely have little to do with it. The face of Anchorage has changed dramatically in the past 5 years.
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
IMHO the crime is related to the import of miscreants both domestic and foreign who never had any intention of working so the economic conditions likely have little to do with it. The face of Anchorage has changed dramatically in the past 5 years.

Agreed!......and not only Anchorage!

The same folks are another threat to our wildlife also.

Agree. I lived in Anchorage back in the early '80s, and the demographics was quite normal. Then I visited around 25 years ago and was shocked. I thought that I was in some foreign country.
Originally Posted by VernAK

Xenophobe! Bet you are just too Old to Believe!

wink
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Xenophobe! Bet you are just too Old to Believe!

wink

I see what you did there.
Liberal policy that cater to obese entitlers will kill the best places on earth.
You're correct Art!

We have Old Believers, New Believers and Non-Believers.........and your Anchorage Community Harvest hmongst the rest of em.
The Russians that escaped under communism are generally decent people. Those that left after the fall of communism are generally the worst sort of scheming underhanded free loaders.
You're correct Art!

We have Old Believers, New Believers and Non-Believers.........and your Anchorage Community Harvest hmongst the rest of em.

I see what you did there!

With a moose hanging, finally, I can now concentrate on some fine feathered friends!
Property crimes in Alaska rose nearly 19 percent last year, according to the FBI. It was the biggest increase in the nation, which has overall seen property crime drop 2 percent.
Can anchorage 's crime be hung on the little fella?
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Property crimes in Alaska rose nearly 19 percent last year, according to the FBI. It was the biggest increase in the nation, which has overall seen property crime drop 2 percent.

And it's because weed is legal, right?
Originally Posted by Clydesdale
Originally Posted by watch4bear

And it's because weed is legal, right?

Cause and effect are mighty hard to prove, but a big budget increase and a chopped PFD speak to an idiot at the wheel.
Not being in the thick of things there anymore, isn't there also now a law that allows for more criminals to roam free?

Ed
SB91

Less incarceration; more scolding.
Naw, we have been assured that SB 91 has nothing to do with it ...
Weed has been legal now for several years here in Colorado. I believe crime has gone up now. Mostly because pot is legal and it draws more people in the state from surrounding states.
With travel costs, border crossing and airport x-rays I don't think we an issue with weed tourists. Meth and heroine seem to the drug of choice for scum bags, er ah people who have a history of making bad choices.
It's all weeds fault, because while it was illegal it wasn't around. Heroin is illegal so we all know that's not a factor.

So we should lock people up and feed them on the tax paying dollar. That's the answer.

The economic outlook of the state hasn't changed at all either. The 24 months of jobs declining wouldn't impact anything.
© 24hourcampfire