Campfire Outfitter
K

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
GB1

Ray Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Perhaps the statistics are correct, but don't forget that every time the Alaska's economy is in decline, like it happened in the early to mid '80s, crimes such as burglary and other goes up. What makes matters worst this time is that now we have a lot more people living in Alaska than in the bust of the '80s. More people, more drugs and junkies, more crime and less money to combat it.

That said, I am not defending Walker by any means. I just know that crime goes up in bad times.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IMHO the crime is related to the import of miscreants both domestic and foreign who never had any intention of working so the economic conditions likely have little to do with it. The face of Anchorage has changed dramatically in the past 5 years.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
IMHO the crime is related to the import of miscreants both domestic and foreign who never had any intention of working so the economic conditions likely have little to do with it. The face of Anchorage has changed dramatically in the past 5 years.

Agreed!......and not only Anchorage!

The same folks are another threat to our wildlife also.

Ray Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Agree. I lived in Anchorage back in the early '80s, and the demographics was quite normal. Then I visited around 25 years ago and was shocked. I thought that I was in some foreign country.

Last edited by Ray; 09/30/17.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by VernAK

Xenophobe! Bet you are just too Old to Believe!

wink

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Xenophobe! Bet you are just too Old to Believe!

wink

I see what you did there.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Liberal policy that cater to obese entitlers will kill the best places on earth.

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You're correct Art!

We have Old Believers, New Believers and Non-Believers.........and your Anchorage Community Harvest hmongst the rest of em.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Russians that escaped under communism are generally decent people. Those that left after the fall of communism are generally the worst sort of scheming underhanded free loaders.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You're correct Art!

We have Old Believers, New Believers and Non-Believers.........and your Anchorage Community Harvest hmongst the rest of em.

I see what you did there!

With a moose hanging, finally, I can now concentrate on some fine feathered friends!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Property crimes in Alaska rose nearly 19 percent last year, according to the FBI. It was the biggest increase in the nation, which has overall seen property crime drop 2 percent.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Can anchorage 's crime be hung on the little fella?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Property crimes in Alaska rose nearly 19 percent last year, according to the FBI. It was the biggest increase in the nation, which has overall seen property crime drop 2 percent.

And it's because weed is legal, right?

All the guys want to be me, and all the bitches want to do me.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Clydesdale
Originally Posted by watch4bear

And it's because weed is legal, right?

Cause and effect are mighty hard to prove, but a big budget increase and a chopped PFD speak to an idiot at the wheel.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Not being in the thick of things there anymore, isn't there also now a law that allows for more criminals to roam free?

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
SB91

Less incarceration; more scolding.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Naw, we have been assured that SB 91 has nothing to do with it ...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Weed has been legal now for several years here in Colorado. I believe crime has gone up now. Mostly because pot is legal and it draws more people in the state from surrounding states.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With travel costs, border crossing and airport x-rays I don't think we an issue with weed tourists. Meth and heroine seem to the drug of choice for scum bags, er ah people who have a history of making bad choices.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 160user, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 54 invisible), 2,491 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,409
Posts18,470,295
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.