Home
Posted By: kk alaska N Slope Covid-19 - 04/01/20
https://www.ktuu.com/content/news/Prudhoe-Bay-worker-tests-positive-for-COVID-19-569265481.html

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (KTUU) — BP Alaska says it will stop all non-essential activity on the slope after a worker at Prudhoe Bay tested positive for the novel coronavirus.

In an emailed statement Tuesday afternoon, BP Director of U.S. Media Affairs for Alaska Megan Baldino said the company is scaling back operations to reduce potential infection vectors.

"BP is following procedures and protocols to minimize the risk of COVID19 and ensure the safety of our people," Baldino said. "We are eliminating all non-essential activity on the slope. The safety and wellbeing of staff and contractors and respect for the communities in which we operate is our highest priority."

On Tuesday night, Baldino confirmed to KTUU that BP is ending the company's 2020 exploratory 2-rig drilling program.

DHSS Commissioner Adam Crum said in a statement Tuesday night that the confirmed case on the North Slope is an Alaskan resident who had recently traveled out of state.

According to Crum, the individual returned to Alaska prior to the March 23 statewide mandate requiring anyone traveling into Alaska from out of state to undergo a 14-day quarantine. Crum says the individual traveled to the North Slope on March 25, began displaying symptoms within two days of arriving, and was tested and placed into quarantine.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: N Slope Covid-19 - 04/01/20
Ruh-Roh!

They just told all the operators arriving last week after they arrived on the Slope that they were being held there for three weeks... but now they have a real problem...
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: N Slope Covid-19 - 04/02/20
We Alaskans May see mid ‘80’s redux
Posted By: VernAK Re: N Slope Covid-19 - 04/02/20
Although I don't see the Russians and Saudis enjoying this oil price either, it could be difficult times in Alaska.....ala the 80s.

Managing the Covid in a camp environment is difficult at best.......glad I'm no longer there.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: N Slope Covid-19 - 04/02/20
Originally Posted by VernAK
Although I don't see the Russians and Saudis enjoying this oil price either, it could be difficult times in Alaska.....ala the 80s.

Managing the Covid in a camp environment is difficult at best.......glad I'm no longer there.

Yup!
Posted By: kk alaska Re: N Slope Covid-19 - 04/02/20
Listen to the realtor,s ads makes you think things are great! I see the housing bubble will tumble till oil prices come back.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: N Slope Covid-19 - 04/02/20
Originally Posted by kk alaska
Listen to the realtor,s ads makes you think things are great! I see the housing bubble will tumble till oil prices come back.

No [bleep]. Like they are living in a separate reality.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: N Slope Covid-19 - 04/11/20
Outfit I worked for this past winter terminated all lwr 49 employees with jobs not suitable to work via the web. A bunch of the ice roads we built went unused. etc etc
Posted By: Clydesdale Re: N Slope Covid-19 - 04/11/20
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Ruh-Roh!

They just told all the operators arriving last week after they arrived on the Slope that they were being held there for three weeks... but now they have a real problem...

I see this information came from a blog.

Only a complete and utter dumbfuck would think anyone is being “ held”.
Posted By: Clydesdale Re: N Slope Covid-19 - 04/11/20
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by VernAK

Yup!

Trust me when I say, they are just as glad neither of you are there.
© 24hourcampfire