Home
Posted By: vixen NRA Insurance Program - 04/14/22
I just recently had a loss of firearms by fire. I know that I have some benefits from the NRA. I have tried relentlessly to get in touch with them. I need help. Thanks.
Posted By: ATC Re: NRA Insurance Program - 04/14/22
Sorry for your loss. Hopefully they will come through for you but with Wayne Lapierre still running things, I wouldn't hold my breath.
Posted By: Joe Re: NRA Insurance Program - 04/14/22
Good luck.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: NRA Insurance Program - 04/15/22
vixen,

Around 20-25 years ago a good friend went on a hunt in Alaska, and the two rifles he brought (both customs) were stolen at the Anchorage airport on his way home. He was not only a long-time member of the NRA, but had purchased additional insurance through them.

He said it was like pulling teeth to get paid for maybe half the price of the rifles, but luckily he'd also purchased addition insurance through his local agent, so came out OK.

As others have said, good luck....
Posted By: Godogs57 Re: NRA Insurance Program - 04/15/22
Worthless
Posted By: riverdog Re: NRA Insurance Program - 04/15/22
My homeowner’s insurance had much better coverage for loss by fire than for theft. Learned the hard way when our house was lost in the 2020 East Troublesome fire. Anyhoo, our insurance covered full replacement value for fire loss vs. the $5000 limit for theft. It helped to have an inventory with make, model, and serial number, and description of sights/scopes. I’m an NRA life member but truth be told I never thought of the NRA insurance.
Posted By: Cowboybart Re: NRA Insurance Program - 04/15/22
If you didn't sign up for the insurance separately than from your NRA membership - you'll never collect. You must be signed up before the loss. Ask me how I know. sorry for your loss and good luck.
Posted By: reivertom Re: NRA Insurance Program - 04/15/22
The NRA insurance money bought Wayne a new mansion.
Posted By: Bob338 Re: NRA Insurance Program - 04/16/22
I bought some highly touted cancer insurance in the 90's. One million dollars coverage it said. Sure enough I got prostate cancer. Went through surgery, radiation and treatment. Expensive. Submitted all to the NRA insurance. Reimbursement was only a pittance. Something like a couple of thousand dollars. Bad part of all this was me. I studied insurance in college and was in the insurance business. I pulled the policy, dissected it, and the "million dollar" coverage had a maximum liability of something like $8900. in a worst case scenario. My bad! I should have known better and done my homework but that insurance for something like 99 cents a month should have told me. I was as angry at me as I was at LaPierre who would not respond to my correspondence. NRA quit selling it about that time. From that time to now I have no use for the man, especially for his spending on our dime.
Posted By: spence1875 Re: NRA Insurance Program - 04/16/22
Originally Posted by reivertom

This, Wayne Lapierre was ruined that great organization.
Originally Posted by spence1875
Originally Posted by reivertom

This, Wayne Lapierre was ruined that great organization.

The NRA was crap long before Wayne came along
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Hastings Re: NRA Insurance Program - 04/16/22
Is the NRA still in business? What's the financial situation if they are?
Posted By: Bob338 Re: NRA Insurance Program - 04/16/22
NRA may be "crap" in some minds but they are usually the first name mentioned by the anti-gun weirdo's when they vilify gun owners. They are still the premier political force against the anti-gunners.
© 24hourcampfire