Print Thread
Hop To
V
vixen Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
I just recently had a loss of firearms by fire. I know that I have some benefits from the NRA. I have tried relentlessly to get in touch with them. I need help. Thanks.

GB1

A
ATC Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Sorry for your loss. Hopefully they will come through for you but with Wayne Lapierre still running things, I wouldn't hold my breath.

J
Joe Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Good luck.

Shew me thy ways, O LORD: teach me thy paths.
"there are few better cartridges on Earth than the 7 x 57mm Mauser"
"the .30 Springfield is light, accurate, penetrating, and has surprising stopping power"
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
vixen,

Around 20-25 years ago a good friend went on a hunt in Alaska, and the two rifles he brought (both customs) were stolen at the Anchorage airport on his way home. He was not only a long-time member of the NRA, but had purchased additional insurance through them.

He said it was like pulling teeth to get paid for maybe half the price of the rifles, but luckily he'd also purchased addition insurance through his local agent, so came out OK.

As others have said, good luck....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Worthless

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
IC B2

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
My homeowner’s insurance had much better coverage for loss by fire than for theft. Learned the hard way when our house was lost in the 2020 East Troublesome fire. Anyhoo, our insurance covered full replacement value for fire loss vs. the $5000 limit for theft. It helped to have an inventory with make, model, and serial number, and description of sights/scopes. I’m an NRA life member but truth be told I never thought of the NRA insurance.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you didn't sign up for the insurance separately than from your NRA membership - you'll never collect. You must be signed up before the loss. Ask me how I know. sorry for your loss and good luck.

Some is Good---More is Better----Too Much is Just Right
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The NRA insurance money bought Wayne a new mansion.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bought some highly touted cancer insurance in the 90's. One million dollars coverage it said. Sure enough I got prostate cancer. Went through surgery, radiation and treatment. Expensive. Submitted all to the NRA insurance. Reimbursement was only a pittance. Something like a couple of thousand dollars. Bad part of all this was me. I studied insurance in college and was in the insurance business. I pulled the policy, dissected it, and the "million dollar" coverage had a maximum liability of something like $8900. in a worst case scenario. My bad! I should have known better and done my homework but that insurance for something like 99 cents a month should have told me. I was as angry at me as I was at LaPierre who would not respond to my correspondence. NRA quit selling it about that time. From that time to now I have no use for the man, especially for his spending on our dime.

Used to be bobski, member since '01
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by reivertom

This, Wayne Lapierre was ruined that great organization.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by spence1875
Originally Posted by reivertom

This, Wayne Lapierre was ruined that great organization.

The NRA was crap long before Wayne came along
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is the NRA still in business? What's the financial situation if they are?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
NRA may be "crap" in some minds but they are usually the first name mentioned by the anti-gun weirdo's when they vilify gun owners. They are still the premier political force against the anti-gunners.

Used to be bobski, member since '01

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

415 members (1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 163bc, 41 invisible), 2,261 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,627
Posts18,474,185
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.