Home
I have a Browning A-bolt that wil not feed. Its a wssm caliber but I was hoping they could clean it up so that it does. Every single bullet will put its nose into the shank of the barrel. When I go to their website, it says to contact a certified repair agency first. Anyone have any thoughts on this process or just wait until Monday and call them direct.
Had same issue with an A-Bolt 25-06. Tried several mags and problem persisted. Sent gun to a Browning Authorized Service Center here in my home state of Kentucky. Can't recall the name of the gunsmith but it was located in Paducah Kentucky and I highly recommend to never use them! They charged me for a repair and didn't fix and was extremely unhelpful. I had posted about issue in the Gunsmith section of this forum and a guy PM'ed me. He is a Gunsmith in Virginia and one of the most honest gentleman that I have ever dealt with. Bent Horn Gunsmithing is the name of his business and I highly recommend him. He fixed my Browning for minimal charge.

HeavyBarrel
Does Bent Horn rebuild Citori locking blocks? We lost the best one around and lots of owners need a good one.
Originally Posted by HeavyBarrel
Had same issue with an A-Bolt 25-06. Tried several mags and problem persisted. Sent gun to a Browning Authorized Service Center here in my home state of Kentucky. Can't recall the name of the gunsmith but it was located in Paducah Kentucky and I highly recommend to never use them! They charged me for a repair and didn't fix and was extremely unhelpful. I had posted about issue in the Gunsmith section of this forum and a guy PM'ed me. He is a Gunsmith in Virginia and one of the most honest gentleman that I have ever dealt with. Bent Horn Gunsmithing is the name of his business and I highly recommend him. He fixed my Browning for minimal charge.

HeavyBarrel

Thanks for the feedback. that is what i was afraid of when it appears they do not deal with the issues themselves in house
Do you have a contact number for him? Duckduckgo was no help.
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Do you have a contact number for him? Duckduckgo was no help.

This might be him?

https://411gun.com/listings/bent-horn-gun-works-chilhowie-va/
That is him. His name is Don Hash. I do know that he is very busy so I would give him a call to see his estimated turn-around time if you are in a hurry. I sent him another problem gun I have and will send him more when I have anything else that gives me a problem. Gunsmiths/people like him deserve the business after dealing with bad ones for years.

(276)706-2871
Oakster, my A bolt in 243 wssm will not feed if the COL is longer then the book listed length.
Thanks guys. No present troubles, but our local guy, John Meyer, who’s also excellent, is also very busy. Good to have a backup within a days drive. Hate mailing stuff these days.
© 24hourcampfire