Print Thread
Hop To
O
Oakster Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
I have a Browning A-bolt that wil not feed. Its a wssm caliber but I was hoping they could clean it up so that it does. Every single bullet will put its nose into the shank of the barrel. When I go to their website, it says to contact a certified repair agency first. Anyone have any thoughts on this process or just wait until Monday and call them direct.

GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Had same issue with an A-Bolt 25-06. Tried several mags and problem persisted. Sent gun to a Browning Authorized Service Center here in my home state of Kentucky. Can't recall the name of the gunsmith but it was located in Paducah Kentucky and I highly recommend to never use them! They charged me for a repair and didn't fix and was extremely unhelpful. I had posted about issue in the Gunsmith section of this forum and a guy PM'ed me. He is a Gunsmith in Virginia and one of the most honest gentleman that I have ever dealt with. Bent Horn Gunsmithing is the name of his business and I highly recommend him. He fixed my Browning for minimal charge.

HeavyBarrel

" A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
G. Washington
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Does Bent Horn rebuild Citori locking blocks? We lost the best one around and lots of owners need a good one.

Last edited by JD45; 06/19/22.
O
Oakster Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by HeavyBarrel
Had same issue with an A-Bolt 25-06. Tried several mags and problem persisted. Sent gun to a Browning Authorized Service Center here in my home state of Kentucky. Can't recall the name of the gunsmith but it was located in Paducah Kentucky and I highly recommend to never use them! They charged me for a repair and didn't fix and was extremely unhelpful. I had posted about issue in the Gunsmith section of this forum and a guy PM'ed me. He is a Gunsmith in Virginia and one of the most honest gentleman that I have ever dealt with. Bent Horn Gunsmithing is the name of his business and I highly recommend him. He fixed my Browning for minimal charge.

HeavyBarrel

Thanks for the feedback. that is what i was afraid of when it appears they do not deal with the issues themselves in house

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do you have a contact number for him? Duckduckgo was no help.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

O
Oakster Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Do you have a contact number for him? Duckduckgo was no help.

This might be him?

https://411gun.com/listings/bent-horn-gun-works-chilhowie-va/

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
That is him. His name is Don Hash. I do know that he is very busy so I would give him a call to see his estimated turn-around time if you are in a hurry. I sent him another problem gun I have and will send him more when I have anything else that gives me a problem. Gunsmiths/people like him deserve the business after dealing with bad ones for years.

(276)706-2871

" A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
G. Washington
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Oakster, my A bolt in 243 wssm will not feed if the COL is longer then the book listed length.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks guys. No present troubles, but our local guy, John Meyer, who’s also excellent, is also very busy. Good to have a backup within a days drive. Hate mailing stuff these days.

What fresh Hell is this?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1minute, 219DW, 2500HD, 1badf350, 219 Wasp, 270cowboy, 60 invisible), 2,388 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,170
Posts18,503,164
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.