Home
my wife shot trap yesterday and i brought some of my/our other toys to the range when i got off work.
this month, the 25th we have been together 14 years.
we met fly flishing on the san juan river here in northern new mexico. my wife grew up around hunting and fishing, but never realy took off hunting or even really shooting much, but never gave me any grief or bished about me buying guns, going hunting.
alot of guys have to ask if they can go, i never did, she knew it was a given.

she found her new sport of trap shooting so now we share guns, besides fishing.

i brought the barrett out yesterday, because i wanted to play with something different, an after she was done with her trap shooting, came over to join me.

she just had to feel the rush of the big .50 !
[Linked Image]

in these years together, we've never had a throw down ugly arguement, a few "idiot" moments, but we both have been married before and know which buttons NOT to push.
we have lots of laughs and good times, as well as hugs and sad moments. when things get rough, we seem to hold hands and face it together, not seperately, relying on each other for support and security.
when i got laid off from the job i had for 13.5 years, the first thing she said was "thank god".
she hated me working there and missing all the life i did working for an oil field trucking company.
i work at another now, but so far it seems to be a better place, time will tell.
but, she didn't freak out, and bish nor ride me about what are you going to do?, find a job yet, etc...
i had 2 months off, had lots of range time, had lunch with her most every day, cleaned the house, cooked, etc...
when i told her i was starting work again, she didn't want me to go back to work !
she was just gettin use to me being around again..

anyways guys,

long story short, i really hope all of you have found/or find the love of your life, soul mate, or whatever you want to call it to go down lifes bumpy road with.

just like to wish you all a happy easter, and tell my wife, on my birthday, "I LOVE YOU".

i got the best present a guy could ever ask for.

If you have a brain in your head...you'll show her that post....

Ingwe
I did..... But she decided after 24 years, there was some else better suited. Oh, well......
nahhh, she knows, i hope.
Make SURE she knows...its quite a compliment..what you wrote...

Ingwe
I agree. I have been with my girlfriend for close to 2 years and I think we are starting out with a very good life ahead of us. She had never hunted before i met her. she had gone along but never got to shoot herself. She had never shot a gun bigger than a 22. She wanted to hunt, so i took her out shooting gophers, she took hunters safety, I bought her camo and a rifle, we went out alot during the summer practicing shooting and on the second day of the season she killed her first deer ever which happened to be an awesome buck! She loves me, guns, hunting, my dog, and the outdoors. And i feel the same!
Momma and I will celebrate #29 coming Sept 26th.
Going on 13 married and just past 18 together.

No possible way that I deserve my wife but she seems to like me too.

A good woman can make your life truly wonderful.
That's a great post, you're a lucky guy.
Congrats! There's nothing better than a good wife, we are nearing our 23rd anniversery.

I have heard though, that there's nothing worse than a bad one! smile .........................DJ
39 years on May 15.When she was younger we hunted and fished together,rode motorcycles had a lot of fun.Now She is a little slower due to Medical conditions but still my sweetee!!!!
I'll never get rid of my 270. Does that count as a life partner?
Eileen and I have been married 27 years now. We hunt and shoot together, and work together from our home, doing basically the same thing, writing about hunting and shooting. In fact we sometimes work on the same project together. We do have arguments, but we long ago learned how to argue instead of fight.

Luckily, we also haven't had all that much of a downturn in the recession, partly because she was smarter than our stockbroker and pulled all our money out of the market just before it collapsed. We also didn't owe any money on anything, and we each have our own bank accounts for buying guns, hunts, or whatever, so never have to "discuss" such purchases. That was one of her ideas, shortly after we got married, and it has saved endless amounts of stress.

As a matter of fact last year I was up in Alaska on a one-week black-bear/fishing trip when there was the opportunity to go on a cancellation grizzly hunt. I called Eileen, and all the other guys in camp assumed I was "asking permission." No, not exactly. I was just telling her that I'd be up there for another week, hunting grizzlies. She said, "Cool!"

Happy Easter to you and all,

Great post. My bride and I will be celebrating 38 years of marriage in October. She has celebrated many of those anniversaries waiting for me to return from a hunt in Montana. She grew up in a hunting family and understands why that happens when I draw a license or two.
My wife let me buy a Barrett 99 right after finding out a baby was on the way. Then she let me name him Barrett. I'm pretty lucky!

She has been very supportive of all my bad habits and has even learned to appreciate some of them. She loves her little shotgun and has a pink AR. We're not talking the painted plastic method though, we're talking billet receivers hard anodized Pink.

We're about to celebrate our 4th so we have a long ways to go. You guys with much more experience and long lived happy relationships are inspirational. Congrats to you all. Too many people give up these days.
My wife and I more or less prove that opposites attract. We have very few common interests other than golf (at which she stinks and I merely smell bad).

But we never fight, seldom argue and have raised voices only enough times to count on one hand.

We'll celebrate 40 years of marriage this summer, on an Alaskan cruise.
You have a great wife, but what about your partner for life? Is it the .50? confused
Married 16 years going on 17 real soon and was together only 9 months before married. I wouldn't want anything else. She is truly the love of my life. I know I wouldn't make it without her. She is my everything. Yes we also argue at times, but Ive told many people young that marrieage is:"learning how to make it work." Love finds a way of recreating its self over and over when your committed to the one you love forever. I thank God for my wife, Tammy, over and over again, and the precious children he has blessed us with.
Brian (bearbuck)
nah, the .50 is just a cool toy, for now.
now my 7x64 mauser model 66 and the 243 remmy varminter hb are 2 i've had since the early 80's.
those will be with me for life...
too many memories with them.
Congratulations Splatter! Nice post.

Met my wife in '88. Still in love.
All this talk about no fighting or arguing gives me a chuckle. Try being with redhead for about 22 years..
35 years coming upa nd she stil claims she is getting me house broke and trained.
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
All this talk about no fighting or arguing gives me a chuckle. Try being with redhead for about 22 years..

Redheads skeer me.. eek

Ingwe
Will have been married going on 11 yrs in July

Happily I must say.
My wife and I were both loners who found each other 33 years ago. We still enjoy our alone time. I was a rural guy and she was a city girl who hated the city. We both had an abiding interest in cars and racing (of which we did a lot). We like rural living and each place we have lived is a larger and more remote acreage than the last. We worked together for over 30 years. She has an economics degree (among others) and is in charge of all of our investments and does a great job of it. I get firewood and take out the garbage. She is a good golfer, I don't golf. We have never argued about money or anything else (and we have actually built two houses). She has taken in interest in fishing and we look forward to doing a lot of that. She is a good shot, but she isn't a hunter. However, if we needed meat, she would not hesitate to take a deer or elk. We are equal partners in everything, have had a great life and enjoy each other greatly. Life may not always be great, but we are.
Never married and 39.

Met a guy a few weeks ago who had been divorced 4 times. Told me how "wierd" I was for not being married yet at 39.

I told him the "wierd" thing is how much society thinks it's more normal to be divorced 4 times by 40 over still being single and looking at 40.
I know I am biased, but I think I am one of the luckiest guys on this thread....28 years of nothing but fun with my sweetie. She doesn't pull a trigger but accompanies me on my elk hunts, helps when I drag a deer home, loves to fish, fantastic mother to our two children and has zero snakes in her head. I thought about adding her to a reply to Lee 24's sniper thread, but it seems they are only dealing with paid professionals on that thread!

[Linked Image]
Wife and I are going on 29 years. We got married while still in High Scool. Our Parents both said it wouldnt last. We have 2 beautiful girls 24 and 27, The older one just got married in Nov. and the younger one this fall.

My wife keeps threatening to trade me off, but she says nobody else could put up with me!
Originally Posted by ingwe

Redheads skeer me.. eek

Ingwe

Yeah, me too... Keeps it interesting.

[Linked Image]
Welllll...shes smilin in that picture!! laugh

You're a brave man....

Ingwe
When's she's smiling like that, it usually means run away. Fast.
Dats what I thought.... whistle

grin
Ingwe
Congratulations to you, my friend. It will be 10 years for me this year. Looks like a sweet rifle as well!

First wife was a red head. Talk about a temper
All I ever gotten out of the San Juan was four Rainbow Trout on a size 22 Griffiths Gnat that went better than 12 lbs each. Caught them all in a row the day before I was to meet the guide I was to fish with, it was a minor stir that week. I caught 98 fish that week and only counted fish over 18 inches. Seems you did way better that I. I am very much alone in this life.
I'll have been with my wife half my life come November...16 of my 32 years. We definitely have different views on what's 'fun', but she's still my "ride or die chick" just ask her.

Thirty eight years so far. We had no children around for the the first 20. Spontaneous living at its best. Soon have him out the door and get started on that again.

Edited to include a complaint: At marriage she did not hunt. Six years in she took it up and the "this ole thing comment doesn't cut it when I come through the room with a new firearm. Also, she took my 6mm Remington away from me and I need permission to take it out now. Seems it's exclusively her pronghorn rifle.
I've been with my own storm and strife for 33 years now. She doesn't hunt and I don't sew. All in all, a perfect relationship, I'd say......
My husband and I have been together over 25 years now--over half my life! We have hunted together for most of that, I learned from him how to get started. I offered to gut for him the last three deer he killed, [he has a bad back and can't bend over too well any more.] If that isn't true love I don't know what is.
Your a lucky man,sir..After two previous wives I met my keeper,a tom boy at heart.She was a cop and I was a logger..I hated the bar checks but we were the first couple to get married in the Yellowpine church 22 years ago.

She is a keeper and pretty tough also. grin .

[Linked Image]

In her firefighting days at one of our favorite hangouts.

[Linked Image]

Jayco
Great thread... My bride and I have been together for 43 years. She does not hunt but loves fishing, camping and backpacking. Holds the fort down when I am off hunting and gathering.

I am really blessed. Can't say it any better than that.

Oh, did I mention...one hell of a cook.
31 years this June, she is still my sweety!

[Linked Image]
Great thread.

Friday, April 9th will mark 44 years together. Definitely the best move I ever made. Here is a picture of us from last year on the Yukon River while on a two week cruise tour of the Yukon Territory and Alaska. She is going on another two week trip to Alaska in May. The good news is, she is taking me with her!!

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Eileen and I have been married 27 years now. We hunt and shoot together, and work together from our home, doing basically the same thing, writing about hunting and shooting. In fact we sometimes work on the same project together. We do have arguments, but we long ago learned how to argue instead of fight.

Luckily, we also haven't had all that much of a downturn in the recession, partly because she was smarter than our stockbroker and pulled all our money out of the market just before it collapsed. We also didn't owe any money on anything, and we each have our own bank accounts for buying guns, hunts, or whatever, so never have to "discuss" such purchases. That was one of her ideas, shortly after we got married, and it has saved endless amounts of stress.

As a matter of fact last year I was up in Alaska on a one-week black-bear/fishing trip when there was the opportunity to go on a cancellation grizzly hunt. I called Eileen, and all the other guys in camp assumed I was "asking permission." No, not exactly. I was just telling her that I'd be up there for another week, hunting grizzlies. She said, "Cool!"

This would be a dream come true for me, but I'm happy with what I got. I thought it would be difficult to find someone who supports my enthusiasm for hunting and shooting sports. At 26, most girls around my age are ignorantly opinionated about hunting and shooting and its been a cause of quick breakups in the past. My wife-to-be encourages me and even picks up a magazine from time to time to get an idea of what I'm talking about.

She even bought me a set of binoculars based on reviews from magazines. Honestly, they are my favorite pair!

Maybe one day she'll want to cross over and hunt with me. Until then, I'm happy with her smiling when I get home and I'm covered with mud.
Have been wonderfully blessed for over 16 years, now, ten of those accompanied with a fantastic little guy named Bruce. I think that I have the coolest little family, ever... hope you guys think the same of yours.

My wife tells all of my nephews-and now our son, too- that "Women are evil". I just hope they find girls like her.

Life isn't perfect, but her infectious smile, innocent demeanor, and quick laughter sure make it seem that way more often than not. Did I mention how beautiful she is? She still gets carded! Just wish that time with her and my son wasn't going by so fast!

What a great thread! Glad to see so much of traditional family values are alive and well! Mule Deer, Roundoak, Idared, et al, you guys are inspirations! I know I'll see those anniversaries a lot faster than I'd like.
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

Met my wife in '88. Still in love.

Didn't know sheep lived that long
I really enjoy threads where guys brag up their wives. Sure beats the tar out of the ones where they complain. I have zero complaints, however, I'm sure I have given mine cause on several occasions. blush
Originally Posted by logcutter
She is a keeper and pretty tough also.

Well she's gotta be tough to put up with a brute like you, Jayco. [Linked Image]

This year makes 30 for us. She loves the outdoors, hunting and fishing. She loves me too, the poor woman.

[Linked Image]
24 years now. We need our time apart though. We can get on each others nerves if we are together in the same room too long. [Linked Image]

Yeah, I know. I married up. wink
splattermatic;
Please allow me to send you a tip of the hat this morning both for the classy post and to you both for knowing how to retain and nurture a good thing once you've found it.

Awhile back Gus asked what the perfect wife would look like and I posted up this for him:

I�m glad to see you indicate you�ve found �the one� for you.

For me it was a young lady who met me at a church Easter supper 28 years ago. Through mutual agreement we decided we�d like to work together throughout our lives and were married less than 7 months later.

[Linked Image]

On several levels, she�s the smartest person I�ve ever met and I can�t begin to articulate the respect I have for her. By day she is the financial controller of a group of large local construction firms, by night she finds time to be a good mother to our two daughters and puts up with a husband who has several vices to say the least.

As I�ve often said to anyone who would listen, if it wasn�t for my wife, I�d have the biggest gun and knife collection you could fit into a beat up truck � that I would be living in and likely still making payments on!

It is my hope for you and all the rest of the good folks here that you could be as blessed with your life partner as I�ve been with my wife.

Regards,
Dwayne
Dan360,

Eileen didn't hunt when we got married, and really didn't even fish much. But she started going out with me (and started eating pronghorn, deer and elk) and eventually started feeling a little guilty that she was eating stuff that I had to "work" so hard to get. So she asked if she could try hunting too.

It turned out that she was one of those people who are natural hunters but never got a chance. She had both the instincts and a certain innate skill. In fact in some ways she's a better hunter than I am, since she's able to be still a lot longer.
(Her mother is also an instinctive hunter--we once watched her sit absolutely still for an hour, looking out a slightly opened door for a woodchuck that was living under my sister-in-law's house in Pennsylvania, so my brother-in-law could shoot the chuck. But my MIL would never, ever dream of even shooting a gun, since she is a typical New York City anti-gunner.)

I never pushed Eileen into any of it, and in fact it would have been fine if she never hunted, as she knew very well what I did for a living and fully accepted my hunting trips as part of the deal (along with a freezer full of meat, of course). But eventually she even started bird hunting, and likes that a lot too, along with the variety they bring to the freezer.
Darla and i have been together for 8 years, married for close to 5 of those.....we got alot of chit from friends for the first few years of our relationship cause we were more or less attached at the hip....hell about the only time we werent together for the first year was when she was spending time with her mom cause i wasnt allowed in their house(one of the best years out of the 8, really cant stand that woman)...

Darla and i have quite opposite personalities but communicate on near the same wavelength other than i cant get her to understand that if she is walking away while talking to me i truly cant hear her and if im in the middle of something cant chase her down to find out what she said....that has lead to a few minor arguments cause she says she told me something and i know she hasnt(my memory for this stuff is actually better than hers and ive got witnesses grin )....have never had a knock down drag out fight...

she hunts and she fishes.....she actually has killed more heads of big game than me.....best thing about it is she always totes a book along so when she gets bored rather than sitting and whining and make life miserable like a couple of my buddys' wives she just pulls out a book and starts reading and waits for me to get done with whatever im doing....

Darla is more at home in an elk camp, sitting beside a stream panning for gold and gemstones, hiking in the badlands ect than she is having coffee and shopping with "the girls"......she says she doesnt have time for women's petty BS grin and she lets me b!tch about her mother all i want if she gets to b!tch about my dad all she wants....funny thing is we tend to agree with each other on the issues they have....

35 years and 5 kids later, I couldn't have done better. We got married when we were 20, young these days, but I was sure of what I was doing.

When people speak of fights, I can't relate, after almost 36 years, I can't remember of us having a fight. There were a couple of times she was wrong and I had to remind her of that, but pretty smooth sailing.

The past year was a year from hell with all the health issues in our lives concerning one son, my oldest daughter, myself and of course my wife with cancer and a brain tumor. It would make a soap opera with all the hospital visits and doctor appointments.

We have survived this far and been blessed much. I don't talk much of family as it is my personal business, but a thread like this deserves the attention of us at the Campfire once in awhile.

Diane has always put everyone else first and Mother Theresa could even learn a thing or two from Diane. If there ever was a saint that walked the earth, I am sorry for those that can't experience what I do, but I'm not giving this one up, or doing anything to screw it up!
My life partner is faithful, loves to cuddle, has a sweet disposition and is good in bed:

[Linked Image]

And she has even tamed a grizzly bear and rides him like a pony:

[Linked Image]

But seriously, you guys who have such wonderful wives and sweethearts are truly blessed by God.

I have never experienced that kind of a relationship and almost certainly never will. I must be missing a chromosome or something in that department, and all of my experiences involve clear-cut demonstrations of Briffault's Law.

Life is good anyway, but there is definitely something big missing from the picture.

Cherish your partners, and may they cherish you in return.
Originally Posted by wildhobbybobby
you guys who have such wonderful wives and sweethearts are truly blessed by God.

In my case, I actually say the opposite at times.
41 years we are working toward in our married years.
Would not have traded any of them for anything.
Except maybe for a good set of tires..

I have a surprising dearth of wife pics on my photobucket... and lots of guns and dead animals.. what's up with dat? grin

From last summer. My sweetie.

[Linked Image]
Rancho,

Great... now are we going to have to have an argument about "best way to mount one's wife"?

grin
I have 1 life partner, the only one I am guaranteed to always be there, ME.
Rosie wears your ring..

grin
that was mean!
"But Rosie you're all right, you wear my ring
When you hold me tight, Rosie that's my thing
When you turn out the light, I've got to hand it to me
It looks like it's me and you again tonight, Rosie.. "
Us married guys don't know nuthin' about no Rosie... whistle
My wife takes care of the house, financial matters, decisions about career and domestic issues, and brings up the kids in a responsible way.
I take care of the deer hunting.

Actually she would do that as well, but I know she doesn't care for it all that much, and it's the least I can do.
This place could use more threads of this nature these days .......... nice to hear and more profound to experience.

been trying to settle down and be a family man. got divorced twice in 8 years. both decided they were too young and didn't want to work on marriage. both complained that it should be easy and that they shouldn't have to work on it. they both passed every test i could think of before marriage, and were 3 years apart, so i didn't rush into it. and seemed totally normal and hard-working, etc.

both walked out, and i paid all the bills and rebuilt my life and credit.

still waiting on one that doesn't NEED my paycheck or a therapist, and who has her own brain.

so far, no luck.

i guess stuff like this is why those good ones are so appreciated.
[Linked Image]

My partner and I are working on 55 and Starting 56 1st of Oct.
We couldn't be more different if you tried. I started life on
a homestead in western Canada and she grew up in the middle of Dublin Ireland.We have had our differences some because of
cultural things, but 4 boys and a daughter later and seven grandchildren we are still together. Planning on an Alaskan
cruise in Sep. Good luck to one & all. Cheers NC
Were going on 56 years of marriage also, kids and grandkids, all into the sport of rodeo, mainly calf and team roping, with the grand daughter leading the all around in High School rodeo, she also runs barrels and poles, the grandson is rodeoing in College on a full schoolership. Memaw and I are there to back them all the waya at every rodeo, and I'm blessed with health and can rope with them at least 3 times a week and memaw is in the stands coaching us all....Ocassionally when there is an open weekend from school we all go to a USTRC or Wrangler roping and have a ball...The grandkids make our life a joy..

It's been one hell of a trip so far, and I wouldn't change a thing, other than I wish we were still in Texas where the stands are warmer!!. smile smile
Wow guys !! nice job! I'm on #3...
53 years with this one.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Us married guys don't know nuthin' about no Rosie... whistle

Schitt, I'm juggling two horny girlfriends right now, and I spanked it in the shower today just for fun laugh

Women, they come and they go, but trucks are forever. My "partner" for the last 15 years
[Linked Image]
dan, don't say stuff like that. northern dave will get all excited and it will take a while to calm him down...
You're killin' me smalls! laugh
Originally Posted by DanAdair

Schitt, I'm juggling two horny girlfriends right now, and I spanked it in the shower today just for fun laugh

Dan...you are one crude MoFo.....the ride to Saratoga is gonna be phun!! laugh

Ingwe
Splatter, great post and some of the best stuff I've read on the forum in a long time.

This August I'll have been married 25 years to one of the finest people I've ever known.

Last summer in the backcountry:

[Linked Image]
After I left Crazy in November, I was a good boy until 3 weeks ago...

And then I was a REALLY BAD, BAD, BADDDD boy...

It felt like I was cheating on myself laugh
[Linked Image]

4 years of stellar girlfriend...
3 years of hell....
1 seriously crazy bitch (yes thats blood on her face)
For a while there I thought VAnimrod and Lee24 were partners for life............................ grin
Originally Posted by RDFinn
For a while there I thought VAnimrod and Lee24 were partners for life............................ grin

Dude................................
laffin..........................couldn't resist
Dat was mean....

You know Sean is saving himself for JeffO..... shocked

grin

Ingwe
This May will be 31 for me. Both of us grew up in Minnesota. Me in the North she in the City. Both hunted and fished. Knew I had a good oe when on a camping trip (when I proposed) found out we were at the Bullhead capital of MN.. Being from Northern MN Bullheads are not considered a keeper. About to cut the line and she says NO, fingers out like a cats claw misses the barb gets the hook out.. Later at the campsite (tenting) shows me how to clean them, nail in the head a quick cut pliers for ripping the skin off. OK I got a keeper LOL. The Bullheads were really very tasty. She has shot about as many deer as I. 20 years in the Navy all over the world, son born on Adak in the Auletians daughter born in Japan. If you get a one that will walk the river with you, keep her. Best choice I have ever made.
27 years and 7 days from the day I took my wife as a life partner. Told her the day we were married that I took the vows of for richer or poorer, for better or worse, in sickness and in health, till death due us part as a serious pledge to each other, told her it was both our job to make it work.

It has only been a few months since she died in my arms and I still feel like I was granted a great gift to share my life with her. I count myself among the lucky ones that find a person that you plan to grow old and die with the one you gave your heart to.

Now will lightning strike twice? Don't know if it does it does, if not I will die a happy man all the same in my time.
HR, sorry to hear of your loss... I can only imagine what that feels like.

WOW...

stretch, can't even imagine (selfishly, I always hope that I will go first). My deepest condolences, but also, Happy belated Anniversary. You definitely have someone wonderful to celebrate about.

Signed,

Another lucky one.
HR, I feel for your loss, you were blessed with a great partner, though it was too short.

Kent
man......
i am very sorry for your loss. if it were to happen to me, i would feel completely empty.

the wife goes away for a few days, and i already miss her smile and laughter.

keep your chin up, god has a plan.

It will be 31 years this Octand the funny thing I just feel like it was yesterday that we met.
When it works it sure is a Good Thing.OH and she can shoot her 30-30,so we don't argue that much.
My wife has not only turned into a shooter herself, and one that actively shops for ammo deals these days ... but she also supports teaching our 11 year old son - entering him into competitions, etc.

The other day I heard her tell a coworker, "you can never have too many guns or too much ammo."

It reenforced my knowledge that I had married the right women ... she wasn't that way when I first married her.
My Bride & I have been married 32 years. She stopped shooting in our first year.

Since our boys have moved to their own places she will come to the range with me to �spot� my shots�. Really just to be with me and make me happy.

What a wonderful mistake she made all those years ago
My wife, Adrienne, and I will be celebrating out 53rd in June. She's preparing supper as I type this. Early this afternoon we went to a nearby bird conservancy to see what birds had returned from the far south. Yes, she's got me into bird watching. A few weeks ago she started raising canaries again (second time around)with four pairs and already has the care of sixteen baby canaries. And, oh yes, last September she sat in a blind with me watching a bear bait!

We are parents of three sons and a daughter, thirteen grandkids and our first great-grandchild on the way!

Life is good and we have God to thank for that! smile

Bob

www.bigbores.ca
Celebrated 3 years in January. Told me she was raised on a farm, but the first time I took her to our farm she wouldn't get out of the car because the "moo moos might eat her." She'll fish and shoot, but getting up early and not smelling like perfume isn't her thing. So hunting is out. Her favorite gun is my Kimber and the only two rounds she's put towards a clay pigeon have resulted in two black clouds. I guess that ain't bad. I love her to death but would love to have someone to share my hobbies with. Oh and she's pretty good at makin' and takin' care of babies.

[Linked Image]

By the way, I'm new. Been lurking a while. I can see this being an addictive place and I can't afford another addiction, especially one that fuels my two passions: guns and hunting. My posts may be few and far between, but I do enjoy the site and [nearly] all of the comments on here.

Howdy from Houston.
Petro;
Welcome to the fire from southern BC.

Thank you for sharing the photo of your fine family sir, it is my hope that you all have many grand adventures together outdoors and hopefully even shooting and hunting.

Again welcome here from just a bit north of the medicine line.

Regards,
Dwayne
It will be 44 years this June.

Completely aside from being a faithful wife, great lover, terrific cook, homemaker, wonderful mother and grandmother, confidant and friend, .........

[Linked Image]

she has camped, hunted and fished with me every year, including last fall.......

[Linked Image]

and often is the first to have a moose or caribou in camp. smile

Don't know what I would do without her, and can only offer my condolences to HR on his loss.

Ted
Since everyone else is posting pics of their other half, here are a few of my girl Dusti. I posted on the first page but in September we will have been together 2 years. Met here down here in Missoula when i came down for the weekend for a bowhunt elk trip with my buddy. Come to find we have lived only 20 miles apart for 17 years! Never knew her and found out not to long ago that i played baseball against her older sister when i was in Little League! Small World huh? but anyways. She never hunted until we started dating. Bought her a 270 because she loved mine and i thought she was going to claim it for her own. So far she is 100% 1 shot 1 kill. never got her on a whitetail doe.
Picture of us after we stalked a spike bull elk but he wasnt legal. Only cows were legal and he was by himself.
[Linked Image]
Dusti with her first deer/buck ever
[Linked Image]
We went to her family's cabin over Memorial Day and caught a bunch of nice brook trout in the pond
[Linked Image]
Us with our puppy Jaeger
[Linked Image]
Us while cutting a christmas tree while it was 30 below out
[Linked Image]
I married fairly late in life and was always told by friends that I needed to find someone to go hunting and fishing with me. I told them that I didn't need to find someone who would go hunting with me but rather someone who would let me go hunting and fishing. I did, and she does. Life is good.
Well I recently lost the one I thought was a partner for life, I guess she was sleeping through the "for better or worse" part of the vows. I swear she was there but oh well. These are now my partners for life and I pray for the soul of the boy that comes trying to get the redhead.
[Linked Image]
We'll be married 15 years this October, I don't think I could be happier than I've been this last decade and a half (tryin' to make sure she feels the same).
I'm going on 13 years of marriage with mine. We dated for 3 years before we married. She may not hunt and shoot, but she lets me and even buys me guns now and then. After numerous deployments I have been on, and her playing the rold of mom and dad, I couldn't ask for a better woman.
Originally Posted by varmintsinc
Well I recently lost the one I thought was a partner for life, I guess she was sleeping through the "for better or worse" part of the vows. I swear she was there but oh well. These are now my partners for life and I pray for the soul of the boy that comes trying to get the redhead.
[Linked Image]

Great looking kids Todd. It's also nice to put a face to your name.
I love my wife to death and wouldn't take anything for her but there is still atleast 1 time a day I would like to punch her in the nose.

Think that's the problem with most women they have never been punched in the face. 2 men start to argue that know either we have to settle this or it's fixing to come to blows. A women ahs never been punched so she just keep pushing the envelope..
Anyways just my take...lol
I met my life partner Feb. 25th 2007, we met at church and stood on the front steps and talked for two hours. When I left I clearly hear God say "What do you think of the one I made for you?" From that point on I knew she was it. We were married one year later and its been the happiest two years of my life. She doesn't hunt but she lets me as much as I want and loves venison and wild hog meat.
[Linked Image]
RugerM77270,

You're a fortunate man. She's gorgeous!
[Linked Image]

34 years with that woman.
God, take me, I am ready to go.
Would you guys believe that I trod the aisle a second time! Have nothing agin the first...but what the first marriage wasn't the second on is...TIMES 10!!!
here are a few shots of us, a few of which have my 'spoils of war' - you can go ahead and tell me..............I outdid myself!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by summitsitter
I love my wife to death and wouldn't take anything for her but there is still atleast 1 time a day I would like to punch her in the nose.

Think that's the problem with most women they have never been punched in the face. A women (has) never been punched so she just keep pushing the envelope..

Ummmm... What?
Originally Posted by summitsitter

Think that's the problem with most women they have never been punched in the face. A women (has) never been punched so she just keep pushing the envelope..

Ummmm... What?

No i don't punch my wife but that doesn't mean she doesn't need it every once in a while. LOL...

I love me wife she's just aggrivating..But after 8 years and 2 kids I just learned to live with her wild ideas and crazy moods..
Uh, yeah.. Real LOL stuff there...

Well, I think that pretty much killed off a good thread.
© 24hourcampfire