Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by RDFinn
For a while there I thought VAnimrod and Lee24 were partners for life............................ grin

Dude................................

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
laffin..........................couldn't resist

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Dat was mean....

You know Sean is saving himself for JeffO..... shocked

grin

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
This May will be 31 for me. Both of us grew up in Minnesota. Me in the North she in the City. Both hunted and fished. Knew I had a good oe when on a camping trip (when I proposed) found out we were at the Bullhead capital of MN.. Being from Northern MN Bullheads are not considered a keeper. About to cut the line and she says NO, fingers out like a cats claw misses the barb gets the hook out.. Later at the campsite (tenting) shows me how to clean them, nail in the head a quick cut pliers for ripping the skin off. OK I got a keeper LOL. The Bullheads were really very tasty. She has shot about as many deer as I. 20 years in the Navy all over the world, son born on Adak in the Auletians daughter born in Japan. If you get a one that will walk the river with you, keep her. Best choice I have ever made.

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
27 years and 7 days from the day I took my wife as a life partner. Told her the day we were married that I took the vows of for richer or poorer, for better or worse, in sickness and in health, till death due us part as a serious pledge to each other, told her it was both our job to make it work.

It has only been a few months since she died in my arms and I still feel like I was granted a great gift to share my life with her. I count myself among the lucky ones that find a person that you plan to grow old and die with the one you gave your heart to.

Now will lightning strike twice? Don't know if it does it does, if not I will die a happy man all the same in my time.

Founding member of the 7MM STW Club
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
HR, sorry to hear of your loss... I can only imagine what that feels like.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
WOW...

stretch, can't even imagine (selfishly, I always hope that I will go first). My deepest condolences, but also, Happy belated Anniversary. You definitely have someone wonderful to celebrate about.

Signed,

Another lucky one.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
HR, I feel for your loss, you were blessed with a great partner, though it was too short.

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
man......
i am very sorry for your loss. if it were to happen to me, i would feel completely empty.

the wife goes away for a few days, and i already miss her smile and laughter.

keep your chin up, god has a plan.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It will be 31 years this Octand the funny thing I just feel like it was yesterday that we met.
When it works it sure is a Good Thing.OH and she can shoot her 30-30,so we don't argue that much.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My wife has not only turned into a shooter herself, and one that actively shops for ammo deals these days ... but she also supports teaching our 11 year old son - entering him into competitions, etc.

The other day I heard her tell a coworker, "you can never have too many guns or too much ammo."

It reenforced my knowledge that I had married the right women ... she wasn't that way when I first married her.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My Bride & I have been married 32 years. She stopped shooting in our first year.

Since our boys have moved to their own places she will come to the range with me to �spot� my shots�. Really just to be with me and make me happy.

What a wonderful mistake she made all those years ago

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My wife, Adrienne, and I will be celebrating out 53rd in June. She's preparing supper as I type this. Early this afternoon we went to a nearby bird conservancy to see what birds had returned from the far south. Yes, she's got me into bird watching. A few weeks ago she started raising canaries again (second time around)with four pairs and already has the care of sixteen baby canaries. And, oh yes, last September she sat in a blind with me watching a bear bait!

We are parents of three sons and a daughter, thirteen grandkids and our first great-grandchild on the way!

Life is good and we have God to thank for that! smile

Bob

www.bigbores.ca

Last edited by CZ550; 04/12/10.

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Celebrated 3 years in January. Told me she was raised on a farm, but the first time I took her to our farm she wouldn't get out of the car because the "moo moos might eat her." She'll fish and shoot, but getting up early and not smelling like perfume isn't her thing. So hunting is out. Her favorite gun is my Kimber and the only two rounds she's put towards a clay pigeon have resulted in two black clouds. I guess that ain't bad. I love her to death but would love to have someone to share my hobbies with. Oh and she's pretty good at makin' and takin' care of babies.

[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
By the way, I'm new. Been lurking a while. I can see this being an addictive place and I can't afford another addiction, especially one that fuels my two passions: guns and hunting. My posts may be few and far between, but I do enjoy the site and [nearly] all of the comments on here.

Howdy from Houston.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Petro;
Welcome to the fire from southern BC.

Thank you for sharing the photo of your fine family sir, it is my hope that you all have many grand adventures together outdoors and hopefully even shooting and hunting.

Again welcome here from just a bit north of the medicine line.

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It will be 44 years this June.

Completely aside from being a faithful wife, great lover, terrific cook, homemaker, wonderful mother and grandmother, confidant and friend, .........

[Linked Image]

she has camped, hunted and fished with me every year, including last fall.......

[Linked Image]

and often is the first to have a moose or caribou in camp. smile

Don't know what I would do without her, and can only offer my condolences to HR on his loss.

Ted

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Since everyone else is posting pics of their other half, here are a few of my girl Dusti. I posted on the first page but in September we will have been together 2 years. Met here down here in Missoula when i came down for the weekend for a bowhunt elk trip with my buddy. Come to find we have lived only 20 miles apart for 17 years! Never knew her and found out not to long ago that i played baseball against her older sister when i was in Little League! Small World huh? but anyways. She never hunted until we started dating. Bought her a 270 because she loved mine and i thought she was going to claim it for her own. So far she is 100% 1 shot 1 kill. never got her on a whitetail doe.
Picture of us after we stalked a spike bull elk but he wasnt legal. Only cows were legal and he was by himself.
[Linked Image]
Dusti with her first deer/buck ever
[Linked Image]
We went to her family's cabin over Memorial Day and caught a bunch of nice brook trout in the pond
[Linked Image]
Us with our puppy Jaeger
[Linked Image]
Us while cutting a christmas tree while it was 30 below out
[Linked Image]

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I married fairly late in life and was always told by friends that I needed to find someone to go hunting and fishing with me. I told them that I didn't need to find someone who would go hunting with me but rather someone who would let me go hunting and fishing. I did, and she does. Life is good.

Last edited by Notropis; 04/13/10.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Well I recently lost the one I thought was a partner for life, I guess she was sleeping through the "for better or worse" part of the vows. I swear she was there but oh well. These are now my partners for life and I pray for the soul of the boy that comes trying to get the redhead.
[Linked Image]

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 1badf350, 007FJ, 204guy, 2500HD, 160user, 52 invisible), 2,059 guests, and 857 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,481
Posts18,508,809
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.