Home
I am thinking about getting a set of the Redding Competition shell holders for my two 6.5 Creedmoor's. If any of you are using them please share your thoughts.
What causes this thought?
I am thinking I could just change out the shell holder and not readjust the sizing die for each rifle. Is this wrong thinking? I am loading with a Redding T-7.
As long as the die is able to size enough (or too much) for the shorter chamber when using a standard shell holder then you can get this idea working. These shell holders come in increments of increased height, which means increments of less sizing.
Originally Posted by 1Akshooter
I am thinking about getting a set of the Redding Competition shell holders for my two 6.5 Creedmoor's. If any of you are using them please share your thoughts.

https://www.brownells.com/reloading...s/reloading-die-shim-kits-prod33711.aspx
While I have found the Redding Competition shell holders I got for the .223 many years ago quite useful when loading for our several .223/5.56 rifles, I also use more than one turret die--for a couple of reasons. Each requires a slight "adjustment" in dies, which is often more than the shell holders provide.

The Brownells shim kit is fine, but I also eventually found a variety of washers at a local hardware store that augmented the shims.
© 24hourcampfire