Home
Posted By: Terryk 4 zucchini plants - 07/14/20
I picked my first zucchini yesterday. Now the avalanche starts. I'll probably pick my body weight is a week.
Tomatoes and cukes are about ready too. So my diet is destined for a while.

I think today I will grill the zuc slices with some olive oil and salt/pepper, and add that to meatballs and spaghetti sauce. A layer of provolone on top for a reduced carb lasagna cousin.
Posted By: BlueDuck Re: 4 zucchini plants - 07/14/20
Looking forward to the same. Sounds like your a couple of weeks ahead of me. Love foraging thru the garden.
Posted By: Charlie-NY Re: 4 zucchini plants - 07/14/20
I've been picking yellow squash and zucchini for a week. I'm loaded with them. String beans coming in ever day along with the cucumbers. Green tomatoes hanging by the dozens but none ripe yet.

But ........ 16 pepper plants have about 4 peppers in total. And my eggplants look terrible too. Bummer
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: 4 zucchini plants - 07/14/20
Zucchini is plentiful here and recipes abound, including this focaccia bread I made for the family.

Zucchini (grated) mixed with caramelized onions and finely chopped spicy capicola, topped with freshly grated parmesan and baked till golden brown.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Lynn
Posted By: Wannabebwana Re: 4 zucchini plants - 07/14/20
We had 3 given to us last night (our single plant hasn't started producing yet).

I'm looking forward to zuchini pancakes tonight, as well as egg-dipped and breaded zuchini patties.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: 4 zucchini plants - 07/14/20
If that tastes as good as it looks, WOW !
Posted By: wabigoon Re: 4 zucchini plants - 07/14/20
The old joke, the only reason you lock your car in a small town, so it's not full of zucchini when you come back.
Posted By: travelingman1 Re: 4 zucchini plants - 07/14/20
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn
Zucchini is plentiful here and recipes abound, including this focaccia bread I made for the family.

Zucchini (grated) mixed with caramelized onions and finely chopped spicy capicola, topped with freshly grated parmesan and baked till golden brown.

Lynn

Miss Lynn, If I wasn't so happily married, I would be trying hard to find out where you live. That bread looks GREAT!!!!!!

Story about a yankee who came down south and wanted to plant a garden. Told the neighbor he planted 2 rows of zucchini and wanted to know if that would be enough. Neighbor said he would find out soon. Passed is yard a few weeks later and saw a sign. Zucchini: $5 a cord!
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
If that tastes as good as it looks, WOW !

I swear to God, it tastes WAY better than it looks. No idea where the thought for the combination came from, but the spicy of the capicola, against the brown sweetness of the onions, with the mellow creaminess of the zucchini, topped with the saltiness of the parmesan was truly amazing.

Needless to say, it disappeared rather quickly, and all that was left by morning was a few shreds of toasted parmesan in the container.

When food is good my family does not chew, it inhales.

Lynn
Originally Posted by travelingman1

Lynn

Miss Lynn, If I wasn't so happily married, I would be trying hard to find out where you live. That bread looks GREAT!!!!!!

Story about a yankee who came down south and wanted to plant a garden. Told the neighbor he planted 2 rows of zucchini and wanted to know if that would be enough. Neighbor said he would find out soon. Passed is yard a few weeks later and saw a sign. Zucchini: $5 a cord!

Thank you very much for the compliment smile

I enjoy cooking, it is therapeutic, and it makes people happy, so, my kitchen is always full of good things to eat, homemade, and it does not cost a fortune. As one family member sits to have a snack, another will join in, and so on, and the next thing we know, it is a gathering that brings back memories and makes new ones.

Lynn
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: 4 zucchini plants - 07/14/20
Very nice, Lynn. Thanks for sharing. No capicola here in WV that I'm aware of. and Idearly miss the dried meat and cheeses that were readily available when living near the city.

Denny

Lynn
Posted By: travelingman1 Re: 4 zucchini plants - 07/14/20

Lynn

I enjoy cooking, it is therapeutic, and it makes people happy, so, my kitchen is always full of good things to eat, homemade, and it does not cost a fortune. As one family member sits to have a snack, another will join in, and so on, and the next thing we know, it is a gathering that brings back memories and makes new ones.

Lynn

Nothing like family and good food. So many good memories revolve around it.
Posted By: Tejano Re: 4 zucchini plants - 07/14/20
I make Ratatouille until I can't stand it anymore then I make grilled Ratatouille or throw it into some Lasagna with Italian venison sausage. Pizza looks good.
Posted By: ironbender Re: 4 zucchini plants - 07/15/20
.....should be enough to supply the neighborhood!
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: 4 zucchini plants - 07/15/20

Lynn

Nothing like family and good food. So many good memories revolve around it.

Yes, this is truly what it is all about !
Posted By: EdM Re: 4 zucchini plants - 07/15/20
Stuffed or "pancakes" here. Love 'em.
© 24hourcampfire