Home
Posted By: Judman Meat grinders... - 08/11/20
The brand, anyone run one? Seem to get excellent reviews so I picked one up yesterday. 18 lbs a minute is chewin pretty good.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: humdinger Re: Meat grinders... - 08/11/20
It looks similar to a cabelas with that slide out drawer. It could be the same maker and maybe Bass Pro's spun off the cabelas contracts.

Looks good to me.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Meat grinders... - 08/11/20
Yikes!
Posted By: Judman Re: Meat grinders... - 08/11/20
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Yikes!

Hell ya jimbo, grind a buck in 2-3 minutes, or a bull in 12-15 minutes!!
Posted By: kevinJ Re: Meat grinders... - 08/13/20
I have what looks the same except color from cabelas. If itโ€™s the same mine has been awesome. Goes through meat with ease. I cannot bog it down at all
Posted By: Judman Re: Meat grinders... - 08/24/20
Got er today, this should be a meat chewin sumbitch!! Lifetime warranty. Quite the machine.
Posted By: beretzs Re: Meat grinders... - 08/24/20
Man, that looks like all bizness!
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Meat grinders... - 08/26/20
Badass !
Posted By: lazydrifter Re: Meat grinders... - 09/01/20
Get a foot pedal. Much easier. Looks like a good one.
Posted By: Snowwolfe Re: Meat grinders... - 09/01/20
My 3/4 HP grinder does a fantastic job on the first grind but the second, finer (1/8th) grind takes awhile even with the meat semi frozen. Always regretted not getting the 1.5 HP model.
Posted By: Boarmaster123 Re: Meat grinders... - 09/02/20
Nice one
Posted By: baldhunter Re: Meat grinders... - 09/02/20
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
My 3/4 HP grinder does a fantastic job on the first grind but the second, finer (1/8th) grind takes awhile even with the meat semi frozen. Always regretted not getting the 1.5 HP model.

I go as small as 3/16" first grind.1/8" is for wienies.I like 3/16" for a hamburger grind,1/4" for sausage and 3/8" for a chili grind.The only time I run meat through my grinder twice is when I make sausage.I do that just to mix the meat and spices better.The second time goes through a really large plate that has only four pie shaped holes.
Posted By: baldhunter Re: Meat grinders... - 09/02/20
Originally Posted by Judman
The brand, anyone run one? Seem to get excellent reviews so I picked one up yesterday. 18 lbs a minute is chewin pretty good.

You won't have to worry about cutting the meat up too small before running it through that grinder.Pork tenderloin size strips will feed perfectly.I would get a foot switch.I think I paid around $20 for the one I have.Keeps your hands free when starting and stopping the grinder.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Meat grinders... - 09/02/20
Originally Posted by baldhunter

You won't have to worry about cutting the meat up too small before running it through that grinder.Pork tenderloin size strips will feed perfectly.I would get a foot switch.I think I paid around $20 for the one I have.Keeps your hands free when starting and stopping the grinder.

Agreed.

Was making sausage last night with my 3/4 hp and used my LEM footswitch for the first time. That was a wise purchase.
Posted By: kevinJ Re: Meat grinders... - 09/02/20
I need a foot switch before this fall. What you guys using the harbor freight or springing for the LEM?
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Meat grinders... - 09/02/20
Originally Posted by kevinJ
I need a foot switch before this fall. What you guys using the harbor freight or springing for the LEM?

My wife sprung for the LEM for me. Can't compare it to others.
Posted By: baldhunter Re: Meat grinders... - 09/03/20
I got the Harbor Freight foot switch about ten years ago.Works great.
Posted By: Snowwolfe Re: Meat grinders... - 09/04/20
Originally Posted by baldhunter
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe

I go as small as 3/16" first grind.1/8" is for wienies.I like 3/16" for a hamburger grind,1/4" for sausage and 3/8" for a chili grind.The only time I run meat through my grinder twice is when I make sausage.I do that just to mix the meat and spices better.The second time goes through a really large plate that has only four pie shaped holes.

Glad you posted this. I did some research and found a 3/16 plate that should fit my Cabelas grinder on Amazon. Should speed things up alot.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Meat grinders... - 12/04/20
Back to the top. Jud, what's the review? I need a new grinder. Momma says I can get one for Xmas!
Posted By: longarm Re: Meat grinders... - 12/04/20
Burly!
Posted By: chris_c Re: Meat grinders... - 12/05/20
Got one from Cabela's years ago that looks like it. Nothing has stopped it so far.
Posted By: bigwoods Re: Meat grinders... - 12/05/20

I have a #42 from Cabelas. Its essentially a Weston but now discontinued. I dont see ever having an issue with it and have a spare of most parts that would wear out. It chews through a lot of meat in a hurry. Definitely get a gas pedal!!!
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Meat grinders... - 12/06/20
Jud you got that elk ground up yet? How'd it work?
Posted By: Judman Re: Meat grinders... - 12/06/20
Worked great man, she chews right through it, big throat, easy setup/take apart and easy to clean. Think they had 25% off sale over thanksgiving . Recommended.๐Ÿ‘
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Meat grinders... - 12/06/20
Thanks. Can't beat the lifetime warranty.
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Meat grinders... - 12/08/20
Neck size 22 or better...imo
© 24hourcampfire