Home
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Fry bread - 08/31/20
When I was in college my room mate made some fry bread.. It was really simple.. Not sure how it was done, I think just water and Bisquick!! Read about Hemios daughter making fry bread for supper.. I love this kind of stuff... Anyone have some simple ways to make this bread.. Thanks..
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Fry bread - 08/31/20
I don’t use a mix, but I make a mix. Couple cups of AP flour, 2 teaspoons Baking powder, some salt. Carry it in a Gallon baggie. Carry separately a little bottle of oil. Pour an ounce into the baggie along with enough water to make a dough. Just mix it right in the baggie. Portion, form into a flat cake, and fry in bacon grease or some of the oil.
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: Fry bread - 08/31/20
Thanks!!
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Fry bread - 09/01/20
I love fried bread dough with butter and a little syrup. Or even just butter.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Fry bread - 09/01/20
Canned biscuit dough works well. Split one into two half’s, roll into a ball and drop them in the deep fryer.
Pull them out as they get golden and slightly crispy on the outside.

Squirt a little butter on them and dip in honey.

Good stuff!!! 🤠
Posted By: 79S Re: Fry bread - 09/01/20
My wife is Navajo and you talk about top notch fry bread! You guys talking about using canned biscuits wtf??? Flour, baking powder, some salt add water mix let it set. Then flap them out by hand if you can (my wife does) or take the good ol white eye approach ie jim Conrad method and use a rolling pin. Drop them in a hot oil.

Ph ucking biscuit dough Jesus..
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Fry bread - 09/01/20
Tag
Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: Fry bread - 09/01/20
We just use frozen dinner rolls. Thaw, let rise, stretch each ball to size and fry. Easy, peasy.
Posted By: charleeontop Re: Fry bread - 09/01/20
I grew up in Flagstaff AZ. POW WOW had some amazing Navajo tacos, Fried bread and toppings. A little cafe in Tuba city, also small swap meat in Aztec NM. Had amazing fry bread and tacos.
I have always made beer bread ( lots of recipes on the net) had the kids and adult form there own. Then fry them in lard in a cast iron pan.
Top with pintos cooked with bacon and onion, tomato, lettuce, onion, cheese on top. Always a hit.
But simple fry bread with beer recipe in lard has always been a favorite.
charlee
© 24hourcampfire