Home
Posted By: wabigoon Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 10/29/20
I just polished off a half slice bread, peanut butter and lettuce.

How do the chiefs like their treat?
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 10/29/20
With strawberry freezer jam, straight out of the freezer so the jam is still ice cold. To die for.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 10/29/20
As God created it, it consists of creamy peanut butter and grape jelly on white bread. If one is inclined to sin a bit, some things in the jelly/jam/preserve family are forgivable; the creamy peanut butter and white bread are absolutely required if one wishes to gain admittance at the Gates.
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 10/29/20
Smuckers natural peanut butter either smooth or crunchy with butter and honey on a wheat roll. Frequently I make it the night before and stick it in the freezer overnight for a frosty treat in the morning.
Wonder bread, Skippy smooth, Smuckers cherry or strawberry preserves, big glass of ice cold cow puss.
Posted By: srwshooter Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 10/29/20
No peanut butter on anything. Like eating glue
Posted By: ironbender Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 10/29/20
Originally Posted by 5sdad
As God created it, it consists of creamy peanut butter and grape jelly on white bread. If one is inclined to sin a bit, some things in the jelly/jam/preserve family are forgivable; the creamy peanut butter and white bread are absolutely required if one wishes to gain admittance at the Gates.

Wow! 0 for 3.

Sorry, John.

Crunch; raspberry preserves (yes, with the seeds); and anything other than paff white bread.

๐Ÿ˜
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 10/29/20
PB & Honey

PB & Bacon

PB and Jelly

PB smeared on a Hershey bar.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 10/29/20
Originally Posted by ironbender

Wow! 0 for 3.

Sorry, John.

Crunch; raspberry preserves (yes, with the seeds); and anything other than paff white bread.

๐Ÿ˜

I'll try to put in a good word for you, but St. Pete can be a bit dogmatic about such things. smile
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 10/29/20

Wow! 0 for 3.

Sorry, John.

๐Ÿ˜

The only way you could have screwed that up any worse was if you were to eat that out of a toilet plunger instead of bread.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 10/29/20
Lettuce?

What kinda Commie thing is that?
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 10/29/20
Blush I forgot the nut part.

We have another controversy .
laugh
Posted By: EdM Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 10/30/20
No peanut butter or jelly/jam for me. My wife does peanut butter and honey on wheat toast.
Posted By: antlers Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 10/30/20
Originally Posted by EdM
My wife does peanut butter and honey on wheat toast.
Thatโ€™s a winner right there. BTW, peanut butter and honey sandwiches are great.
Peanut butter and bacon. Chewy bacon, not that crunchy burnt crap.
Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 10/30/20
Peanut butter and grape jelly on the buns of a bacon cheeseburger is awesome. That and on celery is the only way I eat PB.
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 10/30/20

If so than I am in ! grin

Lynn
Posted By: ironbender Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 10/30/20

Wow! 0 for 3.

Sorry, John.

๐Ÿ˜

I'll try to put in a good word for you, but St. Pete can be a bit dogmatic about such things. smile

Um, thanks?
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Wow! 0 for 3.

Sorry, John.

๐Ÿ˜

The only way you could have screwed that up any worse was if you were to eat that out of a toilet plunger instead of bread.

Ya got two quotes there big boi. Who you disagreeing with?
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
Peanut butter and bacon. Chewy bacon, not that crunchy burnt crap.

A sensible man.
Posted By: sse Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 10/30/20
i like peanut butter on celery
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 10/30/20
Crunchy "natural" PB (the kind where you have to mix the oil into it) on a slice of good white sourdough, with thinly sliced cheese of your choice and homemade bread-and-butter pickles.

But I like it a bunch of other ways too!
Posted By: sse Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 10/31/20
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Crunchy "natural" PB (the kind where you have to mix the oil into it) on a slice of good white sourdough, with thinly sliced cheese of your choice and homemade bread-and-butter pickles.

k, that's weird
Posted By: AKduck Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 10/31/20
Poor people white bread, creamy peanut butter, and grape jelly....as good as it gets.
Posted By: sse Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 10/31/20
Originally Posted by AKduck
Poor people white bread, creamy peanut butter, and grape jelly....as good as it gets.

agreed
Posted By: Otter Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 10/31/20

When I was a freshman in HS, the school lunch makers served PB, bacon and hamburger dill pickle sandwiches ONCE. Never saw a thrash container fill up so fast. Might give one a go now, but not on your life then . . .

Do like a PB&J sammy, though it's tough to beat a liverwurst, dill pickle chips and mustard on dark rye sandwich.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 11/02/20
Originally Posted by sse

k, that's weird

That's what my wife says!
Posted By: sse Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 11/02/20
LOL
Posted By: gkt5450 Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 11/02/20
My late FIL ate pb and pickles. Product of the depression. His father was then a grocer in Lubbock Texas. Itโ€™s not a bad choice, just one Iโ€™d never dreamed of before meeting him.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 11/04/20
Peanut butter (any kind) and darn near anything else, on darn near any kind of bread-like container is just fine with me.

John's PB and cheese sammich is great - although I've never considered adding pickles to it.

PB schmeared on apple slices

PB schmeared on a banana

PB on ice cream

A heaping tablespoon of PB stirred into your pot of chili adds an intriguing something
Posted By: ironbender Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 11/04/20
A tablespoonful of creamy PB to be scooped with dates. Great snack.
Grilled peanut butter and dill pickle sandwich (cooked like a grilled cheese sandwich). Yum.
Posted By: wldthg Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 11/06/20
I eat lots of Grilled peanut butter and cheese. Add a touch of garlic powder and thank me later. ----With ice cold milk is a must
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 11/06/20
PB&j?
White bread toasted or not. If not, I like it to sit awhile for the jelly to get in the bread.
Butter
Jiff or Skippy creamy, Smuckers Grape jelly.

Or,

Peanut butter, a bit of honey, and a little cinnamon mixed together, spread on bread,
a layer of a good sliced banana,
More PB mixture on a slice of bread
Put it together

Butter the outsides and toast in a hot skillet.

Pretty close to Elvis's fried peanut butter and banana sandwich,
And dam tasty with coffee or especially a hot chocolate.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 11/07/20
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Peanut butter (any kind) and darn near anything else, on darn near any kind of bread-like container is just fine with me.

John's PB and cheese sammich is great - although I've never considered adding pickles to it.

PB schmeared on apple slices

PB schmeared on a banana

PB on ice cream

A heaping tablespoon of PB stirred into your pot of chili adds an intriguing something

Rocky, I've made 'em with both dill and bread-and-butter pickles, and both work. But the B&B's are enough sweeter to almost qualify as some sort of jam. In fact, they work even without the cheese.....
Posted By: Hubert Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 11/07/20
Peanutbutter and white karo suyrip mixed on white bread.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 11/07/20
A tablespoonful of creamy PB. Great snack.

Modified for accuracy....
Posted By: ironbender Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 11/07/20
You donโ€™t like dried dates?
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 11/07/20
JB, I had to try it. For my second breakfast today, I had white bread, JIF creamy, a slice of American, and B&B slices.

You know, it isn't half bad. You're right (as usual) about the pickles providing a sweet note while their tartness offsets the double creaminess of the PB and cheese. The crunch factor wasn't amiss, either.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 11/07/20
The few time I've had breakfast out around Wabigoon. Ontario, they have peanut butter on the table.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 11/09/20
Rocky,

Sorry I missed your response!

Glad you kinda liked it. Of course, it depends on the specific ingredients, including the quality of the B&B pickles. We make our own, with lots of onions, and I layer them pretty sparsely....
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 11/09/20
My favorite is PB and Norwegian goat cheese on thick slices of freshly baked English bottom bread. If the bread is stale then flash fry the works just enough to soften the cheese which "livens" the bread too.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 11/09/20
Of course PB&J. Also,
PB and banana
PB and bacon
PB and honey
PB and all three

Fugg white bread, wonder bread, or whatever pasty white bread substitute. The stuff is gross.

Love a lot of Thai dishes that feature peanuts.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 11/10/20
If we're branching out beyond sandwiches, the absolute pinnacle of peanut butter bliss is a big fat slice, or three, of peanut butter pie.

Pecan pie is my favorite pie, but peanut butter pie is a close second.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 11/10/20
Peanut butter is for sissy girls !

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

wink
Posted By: Texczech Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 11/10/20
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

wink

What the heck is Vegemite, Paul?
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 11/10/20
Originally Posted by Texczech

wink

The name sounds like some sort of plant-based explosive.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 11/10/20
Then there is the peanut butter malt shake.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 11/10/20

Not to be confused with The Hippy Hippy Shake.

I had slice of hot fudge peanut butter cream pie last week, that was FABULOUS!

Yum Yum!

Virgil B.
Posted By: Lorin Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 11/10/20
Peter pan chunky, with extra sharp cheese.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Peanut, and ? Sandwich? - 11/10/20
Originally Posted by Texczech

wink

Howdy Tex,

It's an Australian staple !!

You guys grew up with peanut butter on toast / sandwiches, we grew up with Vegemite.

So, it's main ingredient is yeast extract - very savoury, tending to salty, high source of vitamin B.

The english have marmite & promite, similar, but different.

Vegemite is also a great flavour booster for stocks, etc.

https://theculturetrip.com/pacific/australia/articles/marmite-v-vegemite-whats-the-difference/
© 24hourcampfire