Home
Posted By: Valsdad Lunch thread? - 01/07/23
Didn't we used to have one? If there's still one, I looked through 4 pages or so, someone post a link here and I'll use that one in the future.

Now that I've figured out the easy way to download pics from the 10 month old "new" phone, without having to send them to the old one and download from that, I'm ready too get back into the food pic threads.

Today's lunch, sparked by a comment by slumlord about sauerkraut. Cleaning up the fridge the other day, I found an unopened jar of homemade kraut WAY in the back of the bottom shelf (who looks back there regularly? I got a bad back!). Checked it today, Nov 2020 date. Looked good through the glass, lid was still copacetic, opened it for a sniff which was A-OK, tasted a little piece, still good to go.

Couple of slices of homemade 7 grain bread, some cranberry habanero cheddar, a few slices of the last bit of holiday ham that wasn't turned into soup or frozen for later use, and voila..........grilled ham and cheese and a bowl of homemade kraut.

I'm a happy lunch eater today

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Why do leftovers and homemade stuff taste so good???
Posted By: Dude270 Re: Lunch thread? - 01/08/23
That looks awesome. I need to make some more kraut
Posted By: Verylargeboots Re: Lunch thread? - 01/08/23
I've got 12 jars of kraut put up, I love to make it. It's absurdly easy and the way cabbage grows out here, I'd be crazy not to make some every season. I'll eat it with a fork
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Lunch thread? - 01/08/23
Dude--- Awesome and simple. .....................would probably cost $10+ in about any deli worth its salt. Probably get better service though. ;-)

VLB--- Yeah, first time I made it a few years back I was amazed how easy it was and how tasty. I use the "make it in the jar method", don't have a crock and I don't have to get out funnels and such to get it into the jars after it ferments either.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Lunch thread? - 01/08/23
Spinach and onion egg pie.
Posted By: Craigster Re: Lunch thread? - 01/08/23
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
I've got 12 jars of kraut put up, I love to make it. It's absurdly easy and the way cabbage grows out here, I'd be crazy not to make some every season. I'll eat it with a fork

A fork ? Who'd a thunk it ?
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Lunch thread? - 01/09/23
Left overs !
Posted By: sse Re: Lunch thread? - 01/09/23
unless there's three martinis involved lunch is a snack
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Lunch thread? - 01/10/23
Geno,

You lost me on the sour kraut.

Sheesh!

Hold onto the lunch box.
Posted By: EdM Re: Lunch thread? - 01/12/23
Call me lazy...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Lunch thread? - 01/12/23
Taco potato yesterday.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Lunch thread? - 01/13/23
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Taco potato yesterday.

Crispy with cheese and hot sauce I hope.

Kids used to loved them things.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Lunch thread? - 02/01/23
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Jcubed Re: Lunch thread? - 02/01/23
Leftovers. Chicken and spinach soup. Fideo.

Yum!
© 24hourcampfire