Home
Hunting is such a great pastime, so what do you do with the fruits of your season. Last night was a trifecta of cottontail rabbit, elk stir fry and deer tenderloins with sides of Wild rice, tossed salad and awesome garlic seasoned bread…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Looks good! Do you like that knife?
Antelope green chili. Hot, not for the weak, but wont rip your face off either.
Way to be.

Talk to me about the mushroom cream and, I’m guessing, the rabbit
Look here.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...nights-supper-dinner-was-is#Post10883634
That ole boy knows how to eat,
We eat very well at my house. Much of it is fish and game.
Tacos , stews, burgers, chili’s, meat sauces, meat pies, grilled , braised. Mostly I have whitetail. I use it like any other meat. I eat very little pork, beef or chicken as far as meat goes. Fish I catch are spotted Seatrout, snook , mangrove snapper, Spanish macs and redfish. Occasionally Mahi.
Steaks, roasts, ground for burgers, hamburger helper, tacos, Salisbury steak, make sticks and bologna as well.

Small game I like slow cooked in gravy.

-Jake
See my thread, in the deer hunting forum, Kirk !

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ove-hunting-but-who-loves-eating-venison

We eat a lot !
Nice!
Venison has been "beef" for my family for as long as I can remember, literally.

Currently we do backstraps and inside loins on the smoker, and at least one slow cooker pot roast per deer. We do regular burger for general purpose everything. We pressure can a good amount for quick meals. And we make a ton of summer sausage, breakfast sausage, jerky, and snack sticks. All done by us at home.

Small game, turkey, and trout....add heat and eat.
Eat it ... Minus the back straps and the inside tenderloin on one 4-year-old moose we ground the entire thing to 25% burger ....in to 1.5lbs tubes...Burger out the wazoo whenever you wanted..
Breakfast sauseage, steaks, roast stew meat for soup, chunks for rice and brown gravy. Pressure canned for easy stuff like fajitas. Burger for spaghetti, chili.
Put 4 Whitetails down this year, we're full.
Also fish offshore NC. we eat lots of Mahi, Wahoo and tuna also.
Chicken and some pork are the only meat from the grocery @ our house.
Just the wife and I at home now. We generally kill three whitetails a year on our property for meat. We process the deer ourself and make the burger as well. Have to grind about 25 pounds today. I cut off the rear shanks to roast, save the backstraps and tenderloin for steaks and we usually save about 6 packages of "chunks" for chili and stew meat.
Our fish comes from our annual walleye trip to Lake Erie and the sockeye salmon we catch on our Alaska visits.

Still buy pork butts for smoking and making breakfast and Italian sausage and the occasional pork chops and chicken. And when Publix has their prime rib roasts on sale I generally buy 20-25 pounds of them and slice up for ribeyes.

Our eating habits have really changed the last couple of years. We used to rarely eat out but now find ourselves either grabbing a sub or pizza or eating out at least 3 days a week. Add in the fact we are getting older and our food consumption in general has slowed down.
© 24hourcampfire