Home
Posted By: wabigoon Porkburgers. - 03/14/18
The pork producers in Iowa have been pitching the porkburgers for over thirty years. These were bought at a local locker, they make them square. Ground pork seasoned with barbeque[im[Linked Image][Linked Image]g]https://i.imgur.com/49nvf3v.jpg[/img] sauce.
Posted By: blanket Re: Porkburgers. - 03/15/18
Try ground pork paddies with Jamaican seasoning on the grill
Posted By: blanket Re: Porkburgers. - 03/15/18
also mix pineapple or apple in with the pork and season with Cookies BBQ seasoning
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Porkburgers. - 03/16/18
I always called them sausage patties.
Posted By: Otter Re: Porkburgers. - 03/16/18
Had them just last night.

I buy pork butts, de-bone, chunk into smaller pieces, cool well and run it through the meat grinder. Divide into one pound portions and vacuum seal then store in the freezer. Just make patties, season with S & P and grill. Chop up some yellow onion fairly small and add to mayonaisse and serve on a lightly toasted bun . . . GOOD stuff. IMHO, better than beef burger.

BTW, sausage patties are pre-seasoned and mixed. That CAN be done with home ground pork, too.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Porkburgers. - 03/16/18
Folks should eat more pork.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Porkburgers. - 03/16/18
shocked laugh
Posted By: TN_Griller Re: Porkburgers. - 03/16/18
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Folks should eat more pork.

That has been my new years resolution for at least the last 8 years. I'm getting better every year, Gotta keep trying.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Porkburgers. - 03/16/18
I just put in an order with a local hog producer for a whole hog. 270 lb live weight. 200 lb hanging weight.

$150 + processing which is under $1.00/lb hanging weight. I thought that was a pretty good price for the amount of meat that you get.

This should keep the grill and the smoker busy this summer! I'll have to try pork burgers.
After having 18 disasters in the last 5 years of farming and ranching.....we started watching our pennies a bit better.

Often times you will find pork priced lower than chicken! CHICKEN???????

The super fast growth, zero flavor chicken too.

I dont know why people dont eat more pork.
Good luck on that hog Rooster.

Thats the best kind of agriculture, producer to the consumer. IMHO anyway.
Posted By: Remington6MM Re: Porkburgers. - 03/16/18
Pork chop.John's
Butte, Montana
Don't get any better..
Posted By: mathman Re: Porkburgers. - 03/16/18
I enjoy a thick Porkerhouse when it's not overcooked.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Porkburgers. - 03/17/18
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Good luck on that hog Rooster.

Thats the best kind of agriculture, producer to the consumer. IMHO anyway.

I agree Jim. My close cousin raises beef and I always buy a quarter from him too. Natural fed's and damn delicious!
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Porkburgers. - 03/20/18
I take offence to this thread....
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Porkburgers. - 03/21/18
Sunday night I had the kabobs at the Double Muskie in Girdwood Alaska...

http://www.doublemuskyinn.com/

Talk about food that does not suck!!!
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Porkburgers. - 03/21/18
Originally Posted by Rooster7
I just put in an order with a local hog producer for a whole hog. 270 lb live weight. 200 lb hanging weight.

$150 + processing which is under $1.00/lb hanging weight. I thought that was a pretty good price for the amount of meat that you get.

This should keep the grill and the smoker busy this summer! I'll have to try pork burgers.

We do the same.

Cost us more than double what you paid Rooster, but I've already committed to this season too.

Beautiful meat !!

The smoked hams & bacon are WONDERFUL !
Posted By: MILES58 Re: Porkburgers. - 03/21/18
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Wher'd you get that??? I am looking to make some real smoked ham and have no objection to buying a whole pig. A couple hours driving isn't going to kill me.
Posted By: Simoneaud Re: Porkburgers. - 03/21/18
we make Deer burgers with 50/50 pork/deer - lots of seasoning, good stuff.
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: Porkburgers. - 03/21/18
How about a double porkburger with cheese and bacon?
© 24hourcampfire