Home
I have a roast of beef in the oven, slathered in mustard, splashed in Lea and Perrins, dusted generously with pepper, and piled high with about 3 pounds of sliced onions, a scattering of finely chopped garlic, a sprinkle of celery salt and 2 bay leaves complete it.

When done, I will let it rest and slice.

I will place the onions from the roasting pan in a casserole dish and keep hot.

The drippings will have a small amount of beef broth added to it, and adjusted to use as Au Jus for dipping the beef and crusty bread that will become sandwiches.

Along with the onions, an addition of cheese on the bread as it toasts in the oven is planned, mozzerella for stretch, extra old white cheddar for salty tangy and maybe some havarti for melting creamy texture and taste.

A topping of Italian giardiniera and we will be ready to enjoy.

Not sure what to have with it, if anything, but we have had these before, and my God they are amazing.

Soooooooooo, what you having ? grin
Great to see you posting Miss Lynn. It will be delicious no doubt!
Going to roast a chicken.

Oorrr eat a bar pizza.
Northern beans cooked with some onion, garlic, celery, a bay leaf and a carrot. Cornbread will sit next to it. Chicken fried backstrap with a bit of cream gravy oozing into sautéed swiss chard. Dessert consists of a glass a whiskey on my back porch enjoying this fine south Texas fall weather. Glad you are feeling better.

BP...
Kitchen sink Chili n' corn bread.

Leftover fried chicken with Brunswick stew on the side. Maybe a cold beer to wash it down with.
The wife and I are in the midst of a joint venture that is to conclude with scalloped chicken.
My wife has a blood draw, we need to eat early. A pork chop, and hash browns.
Osso buco with the shanks from yesterday’s deer. First time making this, smells fantastic.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Power is still off due to storm. Generator is going, but we had Taco Bell. Anyway, we always have a big Sunday lunch, and just snack for supper.
Originally Posted by 5sdad
The wife and I are in the midst of a joint venture that is to conclude with scalloped chicken.

Wat is dis?

Scalloped chickkin?

Basically dressing with lots of carrots, celery, and onion, then cut-up cooked chicken mixed in - whole thing in the oven for awhile. Don't know how it got its name.
Originally Posted by FatCity67

I approve of this message !
We had a delicious butternut squash, sweet potato & carrot soup.

& some garlic bread.

Was hungry & forgot to take pics !

grin
Made a pork lion smile roast last night. I tied, but even I could not hurt 4# of piggie enough.

Figuring out the leftover strategery.
Made venison gyros for the first time. The marinated steak version. May need to make my own tzatziki next time.
Repeat of Sunday night, but took a pic this time !

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Gallo low salt salami, hard provolone, hot garlic dill pickles, pepperoncinis and three Old Fashions. All is well.
Originally Posted by EdM
Gallo low salt salami, hard provolone, hot garlic dill pickles, pepperoncinis and three Old Fashions. All is well.

I like this a lot.
Leaning towards smoking some country style ribs...
Looking like grilled filet mignon, Momma's pimped out, mashed red skins and whatever veggie the kiddos decide on.

And beer.
Was supposed to be pronghorn Chile Verde Con Carne y Papas, but someone forgot to take the meat out of the freezer. whistle So now its Grilled chicken and asparagus.
I got in the mood for fall soup when the temps in Montana were hanging around 0 during the week, but since I'm back in California and the weather sucks (i.e., it's mid 70s) it was not such an easy call. I hit the 99 Ranch market (CA based asian supermarket) to load up on beef bones and cabbage and have a big pot of cabbage soup on the stove. Pretty easy recipe...brown the bones with some yellow onions, fill a stock pot with water, let it simmer for hours, add in a chuck roast and a few cans of tomatoes with lots of chopped cabbage and sour salt (and regular salt to taste).
The combine is leaking corn, and we have not figured out why, if time allows, I'll cook this rib steak, not a ribeye, the untrimmed rib steak, cap sill on. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Nothing fancy the wife's making sloppy joes.
[Linked Image from i540.photobucket.com]

Picnic ham, cheesy beer potato’s and spaghetti squash. Fall time favorites.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
The combine is leaking corn, and we have not figured out why, if time allows, I'll cook this rib steak, not a ribeye, the untrimmed rib steak, cap sill on. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Richard! Close your Tailings!

I combined 40 acres once with my rock trap open once.

Lordy lordy!!!!!
Originally Posted by Remsen
I got in the mood for fall soup when the temps in Montana were hanging around 0 during the week, but since I'm back in California and the weather sucks (i.e., it's mid 70s) it was not such an easy call. I hit the 99 Ranch market (CA based asian supermarket) to load up on beef bones and cabbage and have a big pot of cabbage soup on the stove. Pretty easy recipe...brown the bones with some yellow onions, fill a stock pot with water, let it simmer for hours, add in a chuck roast and a few cans of tomatoes with lots of chopped cabbage and sour salt (and regular salt to taste).

That sounds great. I'm a sucker for cabbage! Could you maybe add carrots or maybe carrots instead of tomatoes?
Originally Posted by kingston

Lordy lordy!!!!!

Looks like a good way to have them cut.
Jake found a wear hole behind the sprocket on the clean grain elevator, he'll likely weld a patch on in the morning.

Lockers must grind the cap off the ribeye's? The cap is a bit tough, I don't mind.
Ended up, the kiddos wanted corn, so...………..

Discovered my grille is in need of a new set of burners. Two out of 3 have holes in them.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
Green Chile Omelette, hash browns and biscuits.
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Remsen

That sounds great. I'm a sucker for cabbage! Could you maybe add carrots or maybe carrots instead of tomatoes?

The tomatoes add to the acidity of the soup, but if you don't mind missing that note, the carrots would be a good replacement.
A change in plans tonight, grilled cheese sandwiches, with a side of dill pickles! laugh
We had breakfast for supper. A broccoli, 3 cheese, red pepper, green onion, and green olive frittata. Along with fried ham, spiced up homes fries, english muffins, and coffee or orange juice.

Very good, and enough ham leftover to do a ham and scalloped potato casserole topped with plenty of cheese for supper tomorrow night.

Lynn
New Chinese deli opened near my office, same city where SD21 does to university. The kind of place that has whole roast pig, bbq pork, roast duck and roast chicken hanging, head and all. Also roast pig intestine with 5-spice seasoning.

We took SD21 for lunch, then got a combination of roast pork (love that crispy skin), bbq pork and roast duck all chopped in bite-size pieces.

That and a salad made for a dandy dinner! SS14 especially liked the duck.
Thawed two Redfish filets from last trip to coast. Blackened slightly both sides. Pulled from skillet. Into skillet...base of thinly sliced sweet onion rounds. Added layer of good marinara and added back fish. Into oven 375 for about 25”. Pull and add top layer of marinara and shredded parm/mozzarella cheese. Return to broiler until cheese melts and slightly browns.
Served w good rice, salad and some sweet corn. It’s really good stuff.
Elk steak marinated in balsamic, garlic and rosemary before going on grill, some roasted eggplant and a nice salad. Didn't take a pic, should have.
Hey Lynn and others.

Was going to put this on the other thread, but since it's Sunday, here works too.

Bluefin tuna loin and grilled broccoli. Put a couple of small taters from my gardenin the microwave oven too, as I forgot to get them in the oven sooner. Neighbor took a trip out of San Diego for a few days. I was walking the dogs last night and was gifted three packages, 3 bluefin, one yellowfin. Never a bad thing to have a nice neighbor.

They were as good as expected. Even had to slice some off as sashimi before they went on the grill.

Geno
Nice gift Geno.

Salad night and left overs cleaning out the fridge. Nothing special.
Geno, glad you're back safely ! How'd the hunt go ?

Found your story, I'll see you there !
Oops, wrong thread. This was Friday's evening meal. Sorry.
Might put some shanks in the pressure cooker. Mirepoix, little wine, bay and thyme. A salad and fried taters sounds good to. Probably make a little gravy out of the pot likker.
Made polenta instead of fried taters. Was super tasty.
29th Anniversary Dinner compliments of our Daughters.

Mushroom wine risotto, bacon balsamic brussel sprouts and sausage.

Dessert walnut peach cobbler with vanilla Tillamook Ice Cream.

[Linked Image from ]

[Linked Image from ]

[Linked Image from ]
Hot dang!

Congrats!
Thanks!
I would seem that the women in your life sure like you well enough.

Thats a good sign!
So far so good Jim. Thanks again.
Last night we had green salad, Chicken Parmigiana with Linguine, and Prairie Kats' birthday cake ! YUMMMMM !
Tonight I served chicken and biscuits smothered in gravy, with a side of butter mashed potatoes and more gravy. I tasted it while cooking and it was mighty fine, but had to go out before I could actually sit to eat any real portion of it.
Love chicken parm. haven't had it in awhile. inspiration.
Roasted golden beet, goat cheese, onion galette and Roasted Chicken. Wine off screen.

© 24hourcampfire