Home
I recently had a Mauser Mod 1909 Argentine rifle completed by two of the masters Stephen Heilmann metalwork/barreled action/pattern stock and Reto Buehler stock/final polish/rust blue/barrel band/ rifle completion. Both are true artists and at the top of their games ! I could not be be more happy with their work and the detail and skill level of their work. I would highly recommend Reto Buehler and Stephen Heilmann.
When I took on this project I knew I would have a Stephen Heilmann Mauser Mod 1909 Argentine pattern stock available when the rifle was completed. The rifle is very accurate .
I enjoy another forum and make frequent posts there. Recently I made a similar post on that forum and my post was attacked by a member there. His comment was “there are maybe 2-4 people in the entire USA that would buy a Stephen Heilmann Mauser Mod 1909 Argentine pattern stock. I was thinking there are many rifle enthusiasts that have Mauser Mod 1909 Argentine project actions who would love to have a Stephen Heilmann Mauser Mod 1909 Argentine pattern stock.
What do you on the Fire Custom Rifle Forum say?
I'd certainly enjoy seeing it.
Not familiar with posting photos.
Maybe someone will come along and will post some photos for me.
I wouldn't pay $900 for a pattern stock. But it is a nice pattern.

Pictures in the link below, correct ?

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...ject------30--39-06.cfm?gun_id=101443213
Originally Posted by Craigster
I wouldn't pay $900 for a pattern stock. But it is a nice pattern.

Pictures in the link below, correct ?

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...ject------30--39-06.cfm?gun_id=101443213

Thank you Craigster for posting the link!
Yes those are the photos of the stock and metal by Stephen Heilmann prior to Reto Buehler completing the new stock.
Not for everyone.
Stephen Heilmann quoted a price of $1200 to north of $2000 to build that pattern stock. His work is impeccable and along with that expensive. No regrets on my end. You have to be a pretty serious enthusiast.

I wouldn't pay $900 for a pattern stock

Last time I was shopping for wood, the asking price for the board I was interested in was $700. A finished stock would have been 4 times that.
I say, what do you care if some one else thinks there wouldn't be much interest.

But I do tend to agree that most folks aren't that into buying a pattern stock, most would prefer simply to have a stock duplicated from a pattern rather than owning a pattern. Those in the business will typically have their own patterns or the ability to make one.

Of course the way to prove them wrong is to post it for sale in the classifieds and see what happens.
Originally Posted by 1minute
I wouldn't pay $900 for a pattern stock

Last time I was shopping for wood, the asking price for the board I was interest in was $700. A finished stock would have been 4 times that.

Yes, but a pattern stock is used as, well, a pattern to duplicate stocks from. As such, they are typically made from the least expensive stable piece of wood available. Now, the stock that is duplicated from the pattern that is where you want to spend for a nice piece of wood.
From the pm’s I received there is definitely interest in the Stephen Heilmann Mauser pattern stock . Seems to be quite a few Mauser Mod 1909 Argentine enthusiasts . I’ve had several offers of guys wanting to pay $300 - $350 to use the Heilmann pattern stock for a one time duplication for one of their rifle projects. This is a very special Mauser pattern stock and something rarely if ever encountered .
I will be placing the Heilman pattern stock up for sale on Monday , here in the classifieds and on a couple other sites.
You probably need to check if there is a Copyright covering that stock
Originally Posted by Jkob
You probably need to check if there is a Copyright covering that stock

Hi Jim,
I thought the same thing.
No copyright.
Prior to purchase of the pattern stock I spoke with and emailed Stephen Heilmann numerous times.
I paid a lot of money for the Stephen Heilmann pattern stock and the related metal work and barreled action. Stephen’s response was it is all yours to do whatever you want to do.
NWT
Good luck! confused
I have several rifles that were built on the 1909 Argentine Mauser action. I've never felt the need for a pattern stock. From the sounds of it you could recoup a piece of your initial investment by renting ot out.
Originally Posted by GSPfan
I have several rifles that were built on the 1909 Argentine Mauser action. I've never felt the need for a pattern stock. From the sounds of it you could recoup a piece of your initial investment by renting ot out.

Yes that may be something to consider, there is interest in that. Maybe not for me though time wise.
The Stephen Heilmann Mauser Mod 1909 pattern is pretty refined compared to what Mauser patterns I found available from the stock duplicating shops when I was shopping for a Mauser pattern stock.
Someone will love to have this stock.
A craftsman who has the talent to finish and complete the stock after duplicating it themselves and has a Mauser Mod 1909 Argentine action(s) would be a good candidate. A couple friends who both have Mauser 1909’s . Or someone who has a nice 1909 Argentine and the budget to have a stocker that they know build it out for them.
Donnie Gimes at Show Me Gun Stock has done some great precision duplicating work for me in the past at what I thought was very high quality work for what I thought was a great price.
I have a stock done by Donnie Gimes, I can testify that his work is all that NWT said it is.
Now for sale in the classifieds.
This doesn't pass the smell test.... never heard of a pro gunmaker giving away a pattern stock!
One time I asked David Miller to turn a piece of my wood to his pattern.... he just grinned and said no can do.
I understood completely, but had to ask... wink
And another thing the whole 1909 pattern thing.... standard Mauser inlet.... I call bullshit
Originally Posted by irfubar
This doesn't pass the smell test.... never heard of a pro gunmaker giving away a pattern stock!
One time I asked David Miller to turn a piece of my wood to his pattern.... he just grinned and said no can do.
And another thing the whole 1909 pattern thing.... standard Mauser inlet.... I call bullshit
Originally Posted by NWT

Irfubar,
The only B.S. and not passing the smell test is what is coming from you. As others stated “you only talk “ while others actually have custom rifles built and know what they are talking about.
Who ever said the pattern stock was given to anyone by the builder (“pro gunmaker”) you IDIOT !!!
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by NWT

Irfubar,
The only B.S. and not passing the smell test is what is coming from you. As others stated “you only talk “ while others actually have custom rifles built and know what they are talking about.
Who ever said the pattern stock was given to anyone by the builder (“pro gunmaker”) you IDIOT !!!

Who said I only talk? more bullshit?

So lets get this straight, you commissioned a rifle and they gave you the pattern stock? or did you steal it? wtf

Oh and as far as me and custom rifles...... yep I have a few.... and no I did not have them built.... nor did I buy them.... so you like word games , so you figure it out... lmao
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by NWT

Irfubar,

So lets get this straight, you commissioned a rifle and they gave you the pattern stock? or did you steal it? wtf

Oh and as far as me and custom rifles...... yep I have a few.... and no I did not have them built.... nor did I buy them.... so you like word games , so you figure it out... lmao

Irfubar
You really are a “DumbAss”
Have you ever heard of paying (read money) to have a pattern stock built by a Custom Stockmaker???
And others who know you better than me as “JRGunmaker” called out your BS on this topic on the Mauser thread.
JRGunmaker is the real deal and is a very accomplished gunmaker not like you a BS artist who is self proclaimed internet expert,but really just a troll.
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by NWT

Irfubar,

Irfubar
Have you ever heard of paying (read money) to have a pattern stock built by a Custom Stockmaker???
And others who know you better than me as “JRGunmaker” called out your BS on this topic on the Mauser thread.
JRGunmaker is the real deal and is a very accomplished gunmaker not like you a BS artist who is self proclaimed internet expert,but really just a troll.

JRGunmaker is a good guy, never realized he called me out, I will have to look for that.

Explain to me why anyone would buy a pattern stock? most would simply employ said stock maker and use their pattern, if you like Heilman designs why didn't you simply have him use his pattern?

You seem to like to brag and name drop..... I can picture it now.... Heilman took a pattern of his, turned it, sanded it and sold it to you for stupid money..... bet he has 2 hrs in the project...

Again as I said in my earlier post most pro's are very protective of their designs.

Another thing most trolls don't post pic's.... do you even know what a troll is?

Oh and did you figure out my word riddle? you seem to like that kinda stuff.

Hint......

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by NWT

Irfubar,

What is this 1909 you speak of?
There are a few in this pic..... can you spot them? lmao

Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by NWT

Irfubar,

Irfubar

Ok you sly dog..... just spent 15 min. researching JRGunmaker calling me out..... seems I found nothing....... or maybe you are the dumbass and confused me for iskra..... hmmmm
Irfubar:
Your location says Hollywood
You have 11,147 posts - sounds like a troll who has nothing to do but jump other people’s posts with idiot uninformed remarks.

And the absolute funniest and the biggest part of these responses from you is that “YOU “are still clueless. You still do not comprehend with that small mind of yours that YES ,someone will hire (read pay) one of the top gunmakers (read artists) to build them a custom pattern stock, AND actually own the pattern stock when the master gunmaker completes the pattern stock. Got it yet?? Not really sure you are able to understand the difference, from your attempt here, I guess not .It is not for me to try and educate you. Your shop photos speak for themselves .
Try something new and mind your own business and AGAIN contribute when you have the knowledge base to do so.
I just hope for your sake you are not as big as a in life as you come across on here, you will have a very hard time in life. Or maybe that is your problem .
Originally Posted by NWT
Irfubar:
You have 11,147 posts - sounds like a troll who has nothing to do but jump other people’s posts with idiot uninformed remarks.

And the absolute funniest and the biggest part of these responses from you is that “YOU “are still clueless. You still do not comprehend with that small mind of yours that YES ,someone will hire (read pay) one of the top gunmakers (read artists) to build them a custom pattern stock, AND actually own the pattern stock when the master gunmaker completes the pattern stock. Got it yet?? Not really sure you are able to understand the difference, from your attempt here, I guess not .It is not for me to try and educate you. Your shop photos speak for themselves .
Try something new and mind your own business and AGAIN contribute when you have the knowledge base to do so.
I just hope for your sake you are not as big as a in life as you come across on here, you will have a very hard time in life. Or maybe that is your problem .

So what do you have against residents of Hollywood? envy? lmao
But hey if you want to spend stupid money on a pattern stock... wtf
Many here seem to appreciate my contributions... if you read more and assume less you may also....
So do you stand by your assertion that I am a troll?
Do you get tired of being wrong ?
Are you always so clueless?
My 10k + post are there for you to research.... a little time and effort in place of assumptions and prejudice is something you may want to try.
Again where did JRGunmaker call me out?
Oh and another clue.... I don't live in Hollywood.... I am as open as a book here if you care to know.....

G33/40.... google it..... hopefully you will soon learn to not make a fool of yourself here.... if not , well , put on your bigboy pants

irfubar,

JRGunmaker commented on my post AND YOUR comment on the Mauser & Military forum on a separate post that you rudely jumped on too! Your comments were full of incoherent ramblings that are just that..
JRGunmaker who we know and respect was simply (so you would hopefully understand) commenting in a polite manner stating you offer nothing in the way of professional and experienced advice on my posts or the other 10,000 Posts you troll on.
In other words that you would understand , You are full of hot air and B.S.
Or maybe clearer you are a rank amateur at best.
Originally Posted by NWT
irfubar,

JRGunmaker commented on my post AND YOUR comment on the Mauser & Military forum on a separate post that you rudely jumped on too! Your comments were full of incoherent ramblings that are just that..
JRGunmaker who we know and respect was simply (so you would hopefully understand) commenting in a polite manner stating you offer nothing in the way of professional and experienced advice on my posts or the other 10,000 Posts you troll on.
In other words that you would understand , You are full of hot air and B.S.
Or maybe clearer you are a rank amateur at best.

To my knowledge JRGunmaker has never responded to a post of mine.
You accused me of being a troll.... I defended myself and proved you wrong.
I am not a professional, I am a hobbyist and do not pretend to be a pro.... that pic I posted of Mausers, I built everyone, and if you look close several share the same pattern stock, which I also made.
So your accusations of me are wrong.... takes a man to admit they are wrong.... are you a man?
You come here and start bragging and dropping names and making assumptions... yep I guess you can buy a "pattern" stock... but it makes you a fool to do so.... rent the damn thing!

So NWT,
Tell me more about me knowing nothing about custom rifles and being a troll........

BRNOVZ24, 458 mag

Originally Posted by NWT
Irfubar:

Why are you selling your treasured "pattern" stock?
Another "troll" post....... for NWT

Ok NWT, your turn.........

Do you like pre-64 M70's ? damn... just figured out your handle... nitwit..... hahahahahahah

So NWT, a man of your means has to sell his precious Heilman pattern stock.... that you paid for? seems to me you are selling the craftsman's work for your own profit...
Or maybe you need to sell it? rent due? or maybe you simply realized it is useless to you and you should have rented it?
smile smile

irfubar Hollywood ,

Reading your trolling posts just emphasizes the REASON many of us here chose to have our work done by the likes of Stephen Heilmann, D’Arcy Echols, James Anderson, Gene Simillion, Reto Buehler, Joe Smithson, Ralph Martini, Stuart Saterlee and NOT IRFUBAR HOLLYWOOD .

And the other post you Trolled is on the Fire in the Mauser and Military forum. It is there you can read what JRGunsmith James Anderson tells you about your reputation on the FIRE.
OMG. It only took you about 10 posts before you even understood what was being said. Idiots like you ought to stay in your own playground
Originally Posted by NWT
irfubar Hollywood ,

Reading your trolling posts just emphasizes the REASON many of us here chose to have our work done by the likes of Stephen Heilmann, D’Arcy Echols, James Anderson, Gene Simillion, Reto Buehler, Joe Smithson, Ralph Martini, Stuart Saterlee and NOT IRFUBAR HOLLYWOOD .

And the other post you Trolled is on the Fire in the Mauser and Military forum. It is there you can read what JRGunsmith James Anderson tells you about your reputation on the FIRE.
OMG. It only took you about 10 posts before you even understood what was being said. Idiots like you ought to stay in your own playground

Ummm, I am not for hire..... those are my rifles.....

Again what post by James?

is this the one you are thinking of?
if so I am not him....

JRGunmaker

Western South Dakota
Originally Posted by iskra
I'd be delighted for the opportunity to form an opinion of styling and workmanship if presented.

Yeah.. But that's the ONLY thing you will bring to the table. You're never going to buy this or any other high grade custom creation.

I hope the OP sells this for what he's asking.
However, there's absolutely no excuse for not posting pictures on your own. Takes just a few minutes to learn.

gunmaker
------------------
Custom Metalsmith & Stockmaker
Irfubar,
Thought they were rifles you may have owned at one time . If they were built by someone else I didn’t want to insult them.
Many look Very amateurish. Don’t quit your day job.

Yes JRGunmaker did quote about YOU...

Carry on Troll, your self proclaimed title as the internet expert on anything custom rifle related awaits you.
You are truly a gift to all of us. Not sure what we would all do without your self proclaimed knowledge.
You are really one of the internets finest.
Oh my g** you really believe yourself.
How funny!!!
Originally Posted by NWT
Irfubar,
Thought they were rifles you may have owned at one time . If they were built by someone else I didn’t want to insult them.
Many look Very amateurish. Don’t quit your day job.

Yes JRGunmaker did quote about YOU...

Carry on Troll, your self proclaimed title as the internet expert on anything custom rifle related awaits you.
You are truly a gift to all of us. Not sure what we would all do without your self proclaimed knowledge.
You are really one of the internets finest.
Oh my g** you really believe yourself.
How funny!!!

Ok dude, do you know how to copy and paste? if so do that with the mysterious thread by JRGunmaker..... you do know I can PM him and ask?
And yes my guns are amateurish, because that is what I am, a hobbyist is how I put it... same same
I don't pretend to be what I am not. Trolls do that.
You accused, I made my case..... you however failed to do so.... appears to me you are the troll.... prove me wrong

For what it is worth irfubar I am good with your posts...the other clown is on ignore.
Originally Posted by JSTUART

For what it is worth irfubar I am good with your posts...the other clown is on ignore.

Thanks brother Stuart.... I am not sure who this guy is but he pegged my bullshit meter
smile smile

HATE YOU!

Jealousy is too subtle.

✊🏼🦫
So NWT,
Tell me more about me knowing nothing about custom rifles and being a troll........

BRNOVZ24, 458 mag

More Hate!

Fetch me a beer, bro. I’m taking this one home with me...

Awesome rig!

🦫

Umm, maybe not if Killer be watching over your irons. LOL
I have a pattern stock for sale....... smile it's ugly, in a beautiful way..... $2k free shipping
Brother Beav... can you believe the abuse I have been subjected to? I feel a lawsuit coming on.... lmao
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by NWT

Irfubar,

Oh, this one is gonna come back at you and hurt...And, I haven’t even read Irfubar’s reply.

😂🦫
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by NWT

Irfubar,

Oh, this one is gonna come back at you and hurt...And, I haven’t even read Irfubar’s reply.

😂🦫

I am trying to be nice..... well sorta...
He is simply jealous because I live in Hollywood among the beautiful rich people..... envy is an ugly trait..... smile
Brother Beav... can you believe the abuse I have been subjected to? I feel a lawsuit coming on.... lmao

I went to the end of this thread first...Saw your builds, replied, then went to the beginning and found gold.

NWT might have to meet crow and a fork.

LOL

🦫
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by NWT

Irfubar,

😂🦫

He is simply jealous because I live in Hollywood among the beautiful rich people..... envy is an ugly trait..... smile

You are a beautiful person...It’s your dog that’s an ass-holie thang.

Grins

🦫

I on the other hand could not care less where you reside, I just want to squirrel away a couple of your rifles whilst you are not looking.
irfubar,

I have nothing to prove.

You are the self proclaimed expert troll who jumped on my forum posts in three categories with uninformed negative comments about a custom built Stephen Heilmann pattern stock that I am selling. YOUR comments were Wrong,rude,uninformed ,inexperienced and frankly you didn’t even understand what you were talking about. You ignorantly state a master custom stockmaker will not build a client a custom pattern stock that the client can keep and do what he wants with it. Then you are dumb enough to continue to argue about it. You made three negative separate posts on the three forums I was posting on. What kind of ass hole does that? Now you admit you are a ameteur which is very obvious . Why do you troll and feel the need to make 11,184 posts ? Who are you trying to impress with your self proclaimed internet rifle knowledge?
Originally Posted by NWT
irfubar,

I have nothing to prove.

You are the self proclaimed expert troll who jumped on my forum posts in three categories with uninformed negative comments about a custom built Stephen Heilmann pattern stock that I am selling. YOUR comments were Wrong,rude,uninformed ,inexperienced and frankly you didn’t even understand what you were talking about. You ignorantly state a master custom stockmaker will not build a client a custom pattern stock that the client can keep and do what he wants with it. Then you are dumb enough to continue to argue about it. You made three negative separate posts on the three forums I was posting on. What kind of ass hole does that? Now you admit you are a ameteur which is very obvious . Why do you troll and feel the need to make 11,184 posts ? Who are you trying to impress with your self proclaimed internet rifle knowledge?

You still haven't figured out I am not iskra have you?
SOLD!!
Stephen Heilmann Custom Mauser Mod 1909 Argentine Pattern Stock
Originally Posted by NWT
SOLD!!

Sure........ wink
Irfubar,
You have to be the dumbest and most ignorant [bleep] head I have ever come across.
After a week of this, your tiny little mind still can’t understand or comprehend that yes there are people with tastes beyond your simple mindedness.
Troll on.
Originally Posted by NWT
Irfubar,
You have to be the dumbest and most ignorant [bleep] head I have ever come across.
After a week of this, your tiny little mind still can’t understand or comprehend that yes there are people with tastes beyond your simple mindedness.
Troll on.

Oh my... do I detect a bit of hostility?
Irfubar you are a Dumb Ass. I said I wouldn’t educate but your are so clueless!!! See if you can follow these really simple instructions I made especially for you! Why don’t you go over to Accurate Reloading if they let you on there, then go to the classifieds, then scroll down to Stephen Heilmann Custom Mauser Mod 1909 Argentine Pattern Stock, there if you are not to [bleep] ignorant you might get a idea who purchased the pattern stock. Got it Dumb Ass?
Now go troll someone else Ass Hole.
So how much did you lose on the deal?
Hey NWT,
I guess buying a fine rifle makes you an expert..... me? I just build them.... and you call me the dummy....
Best wishes from Hollywood.... wink

Really?? Are You that naive? Or just dumb and rude?
I have a Stephen Heilmann Custom Mauser Mod 1909 Argentine Barreled Action and Custom Built Heilmann Pattern Stock, a English Stock Blank from Wine Land Walnut with the help of my friend D’Arcy Echols , and a completed rifle custom stocked to my dimensions by Reto Buehler.
Never going to use that pattern again.
The $900 from the Pattern stock is going to my daughter who is a senior in college for her general expenses . The only reason I am responding to you is for the viewers who are following this to show them really how big of a IDIOT and low life you are!!!
Originally Posted by NWT

Really?? Are You that naive? Or just dumb and rude?
I have a Stephen Heilmann Custom Mauser Mod 1909 Argentine Barreled Action and Custom Built Heilmann Pattern Stock, a English Stock Blank from Wine Land Walnut with the help of my friend D’Arcy Echols , and a completed rifle custom stocked to my dimensions by Reto Buehler.
Never going to use that pattern again.
The $900 from the Pattern stock is going to my daughter who is a senior in college for her general expenses . The only reason I am responding to you is for the viewers who are following this to show them really how big of a IDIOT and low life you are!!!

Oh you are winning alright...... lmao
I will pack my bags and leave due to humiliation..... frown
cool name dropping by the way... wink
Irfubar,

I am happy to keep this going as long as needed. It will only make others aware of your B.S.
You have 11,200 posts on here.
You are a self proclaimed internet legend!

You rudely jumped on three of my posts on three separate forums making uninformed, ignorant,stupid, negative, incorrect statements. What kind of Ass Hole does that?

For some reason you find yourself (11,200 posts) needing to jump on other’s posts with yourself proclaimed internet expertise , and misinformed negativity. You were never able to fully grasp the conversation or information after repeated attempts at explaining it to you . That was a eye opener for me. You have some form of phobia or insecurities regarding the top tier gunmakers and money. Only your therapist can help you with that

You are a prime example why the true gun professionals rarely post on here. They don’t want to have to deal with your ignorance or self proclaimed expertise. Mainly your ignorance.
Originally Posted by NWT
SOLD!!

Spotted this before I logged in.

Seriously, it reads an awful lot like "Nahhhh nah nana na nahhhhh".
Originally Posted by NWT
SOLD!!

It should read Nahhhh nah nana na nahhhhh hey hey Good Bye!
Originally Posted by NWT
Irfubar,

I am happy to keep this going as long as needed. It will only make others aware of your B.S.

You rudely jumped on three of my posts on three separate forums making uninformed, ignorant,stupid, negative, incorrect statements. What kind of Ass Hole does that?

For some reason you find yourself (11,200 posts) needing to jump on other’s posts with yourself proclaimed internet expertise , and misinformed negativity. You were never able to fully grasp the conversation or information after repeated attempts at explaining it to you . That was a eye opener for me. You have some form of phobia or insecurities regarding the top tier gunmakers and money. Only your therapist can help you with that

You are a prime example why the true gun professionals rarely post on here. They don’t want to have to deal with your ignorance or self proclaimed expertise. Mainly your ignorance.
Originally Posted by NWT
SOLD!!

Yep Stuart....

He showed me.... now I can't post on the custom forum due to extreme stupidity and knownothingness...

I apologize for posting junk/amatuer rifles... guess I will PM ElkhunterNM and see if he will dispose of them properly for me?

I also apologize to all the custom rifle craftsman I have run off......

I hope ya'll can find it in your hearts to forgive me?

Goodbye..... frown frown
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by NWT
Irfubar,

Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by NWT
Irfubar,

Well seems we have established you are a fuuckin lying piece of schit.... and given the chance to be a gracious winner you failed that test also..... you won't last long around here as you have displayed your lack of character... the campfire does not suffer fools well... so keep digging douche bag.... GFY
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by NWT
Irfubar,

© 24hourcampfire