Home
If this isn't the correct forum, please forgive the mistake.

I have built several custom rifles over the past two decades and have never used an AICS pattern bottom metal. I have recently decided to build a 35 Whelen with the PT&G bottom metal, but I am having a problem finding anything other than 5 round capacity magazines. I would like to find something shorter, maybe a 3 round, so the magazine doesn't protrude quite so far below the stock.

Does anyone have a resource for these?

Thank you in advance.
Curtis Custom used to make a flush fit, long action AICS mag. I'm not sure if they still make them. I've never used one of their long action versions.
I'd rethink a coupla things,before it's too late. Namely the chambering and secondly the DBM. Hint................
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I'd rethink a coupla things,before it's too late. Namely the chambering and secondly the DBM. Hint................

LOL, thank you for the advice. I love the 35 Whelen and I'm already stocked with all the components.
My "trouble" is,I look at things mechanically and think bullets first and .35's are always a poor choice due to same. It also an exceedingly poor choice in recoil to performance ratio. I'm assuming 700 based and whether ADL or BDL guise,both will hold a minimum of of (4) rounds of same,flusher than flush in said configurations. Hint.

In ADL I want S/S TG's. Iin BDL,anything that isn't pot metal and GB is the easy button there. Hint..............
Originally Posted by Torque

I have built several custom rifles over the past two decades and have never used an AICS pattern bottom metal. I have recently decided to build a 35 Whelen with the PT&G bottom metal, but I am having a problem finding anything other than 5 round capacity magazines. I would like to find something shorter, maybe a 3 round, so the magazine doesn't protrude quite so far below the stock.

Thank you in advance.

If you trip the PT&G and go with Hawkins Precision Hunter M5 DBM, you can use their mags.

HAWKINS PRECISION HUNTER MAGAZINES:
https://hawkinsprecision.com/hawkins-precision-hunter-magazines/
The flush mount bottom metal they have is very nice also. I may actually swap an M5 out for another flush mount. And then grab a few flush mount magazines.
Thank you for the references. I ordered the Hawkins m5 Hunter DBM with a magazine.
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by Torque

Thank you in advance.

If you trip the PT&G and go with Hawkins Precision Hunter M5 DBM, you can use their mags.

HAWKINS PRECISION HUNTER MAGAZINES:
https://hawkinsprecision.com/hawkins-precision-hunter-magazines/

I was looking into those a while back until I saw where some work had to be done to long action 700 receivers. Never did inquire exactly what was needed and went with a regular M5 DBM.
© 24hourcampfire