Print Thread
Hop To
T
Torque Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
If this isn't the correct forum, please forgive the mistake.

I have built several custom rifles over the past two decades and have never used an AICS pattern bottom metal. I have recently decided to build a 35 Whelen with the PT&G bottom metal, but I am having a problem finding anything other than 5 round capacity magazines. I would like to find something shorter, maybe a 3 round, so the magazine doesn't protrude quite so far below the stock.

Does anyone have a resource for these?

Thank you in advance.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Curtis Custom used to make a flush fit, long action AICS mag. I'm not sure if they still make them. I've never used one of their long action versions.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd rethink a coupla things,before it's too late. Namely the chambering and secondly the DBM. Hint................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
T
Torque Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I'd rethink a coupla things,before it's too late. Namely the chambering and secondly the DBM. Hint................

LOL, thank you for the advice. I love the 35 Whelen and I'm already stocked with all the components.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My "trouble" is,I look at things mechanically and think bullets first and .35's are always a poor choice due to same. It also an exceedingly poor choice in recoil to performance ratio. I'm assuming 700 based and whether ADL or BDL guise,both will hold a minimum of of (4) rounds of same,flusher than flush in said configurations. Hint.

In ADL I want S/S TG's. Iin BDL,anything that isn't pot metal and GB is the easy button there. Hint..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Torque

I have built several custom rifles over the past two decades and have never used an AICS pattern bottom metal. I have recently decided to build a 35 Whelen with the PT&G bottom metal, but I am having a problem finding anything other than 5 round capacity magazines. I would like to find something shorter, maybe a 3 round, so the magazine doesn't protrude quite so far below the stock.

Thank you in advance.

If you trip the PT&G and go with Hawkins Precision Hunter M5 DBM, you can use their mags.

HAWKINS PRECISION HUNTER MAGAZINES:
https://hawkinsprecision.com/hawkins-precision-hunter-magazines/

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The flush mount bottom metal they have is very nice also. I may actually swap an M5 out for another flush mount. And then grab a few flush mount magazines.

T
Torque Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Thank you for the references. I ordered the Hawkins m5 Hunter DBM with a magazine.

George Orwell
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by Torque

Thank you in advance.

If you trip the PT&G and go with Hawkins Precision Hunter M5 DBM, you can use their mags.

HAWKINS PRECISION HUNTER MAGAZINES:
https://hawkinsprecision.com/hawkins-precision-hunter-magazines/

I was looking into those a while back until I saw where some work had to be done to long action 700 receivers. Never did inquire exactly what was needed and went with a regular M5 DBM.

He went over yonder way

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 160user, 1234, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 55 invisible), 2,466 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,429
Posts18,470,760
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.