Home
Posted By: VAnimrod JohnBurns - 11/05/10
Figured a couple things out, and feel that I owe you an apology.

You took what many of us figured out, and one-upped it. Kudos.

Now, we can disagree on whether your system will "outperform" anything else (simply one of your marketing pitches), and we can disagree on calibers, and choices of components, etc. That's just ballistic/rifle-loony gack.

You figured out a "system" that works brilliantly for you. Many of the rest of us have done the same. You, however, took it two steps further: you figured out how to get credit for it, and get paid for it.

Kudos.

Other "rifle loonies" might know your system can be built for less, or with other components and still work, but the only reason we know that is because we figured schit out by trial-and-error (just like you did), and spent far more figuring it out.

Someone out the gate, starting from scratch, taking a known blue-print (yours, for example) would save themselves considerable time, trouble, and money, by going with the pre-packaged system.

So, I apologize for not realizing that earlier, and again, kudos for figuring out how to do what rifle-loonies do (figure out a system that works for them) and get paid for doing it.
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: JohnBurns - 11/05/10
No apology necessary and I had fun with the discussion.
Posted By: nsaqam Re: JohnBurns - 11/05/10
Gotta agree with you VA.
If nothing else John has shown abundant confidence in his system and you gotta respect that.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: JohnBurns - 11/05/10
Not to mention a fairly thick skin, a good sense of humor and a higher than average degree of grace under fire.

Kind of unusual IME for successful entrepreneurial types. The ones I've worked with tend toward megalomania or at the very least become a**holes when under pressure.

As the OP noted, you took what is obviously a passion for you and are making it work financially. "Find something you love doing and you'll never work another day in your life." Sounds like you have found that for yourself.
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: JohnBurns - 11/05/10
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

Now, we can disagree on whether your system will "outperform" anything else (simply one of your marketing pitches), and we can disagree on calibers, and choices of components, etc. That's just ballistic/rifle-loony gack.

You figured out a "system" that works brilliantly for you. Many of the rest of us have done the same. You, however, took it two steps further: you figured out how to get credit for it, and get paid for it.

Kudos.

Other "rifle loonies" might know your system can be built for less, or with other components and still work, but the only reason we know that is because we figured schit out by trial-and-error (just like you did), and spent far more figuring it out.

Someone out the gate, starting from scratch, taking a known blue-print (yours, for example) would save themselves considerable time, trouble, and money, by going with the pre-packaged system.

So, I apologize for not realizing that earlier, and again, kudos for figuring out how to do what rifle-loonies do (figure out a system that works for them) and get paid for doing it.

that is essentially the same thing I have been saying, yeah to us his systems are very expensive, but from years of reading and learning and time spent on websites like this, that autta be worth something right?? some of us could put together something similar to what john does for less money.

but if you offer someone a turn key package, that is guaranteed to shoot, everything is ready to go. I can see the value in that.

the only thing I don't get is I have never seen any type of leveling device on their scopes or guns, this does make a differnce on long shots,
Posted By: MWR7SM Re: JohnBurns - 11/05/10
there's no fun in turn key. (lazy)
Posted By: RDFinn Re: JohnBurns - 11/05/10
I have to say that I respect him for standing behind what he sells and was willing to put his money where his mouth is.
Posted By: Bulletbutt Re: JohnBurns - 11/05/10
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Not to mention a fairly thick skin, a good sense of humor and a higher than average degree of grace under fire.

Very well put. And the guy just looks like he's having fun! smile
Posted By: scenarshooter Re: JohnBurns - 11/05/10
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

Kudos.

Well stated VA...

I've never shook the mans hand but I'm sure sometime soon we will meet, bang some steel, trade notes, exchange a few lies and have a great time doing what we love...

I like the guy based on the fact that John is a close friend of one of the best buds I have in the world. That alone is good enough.

Besides, I'd rather read what he has to say than about why an accubond shed 39.4% of its weight when it hit an elk's shoulder at 262.9 yards and therefore is a POS elk bullet and what should I try next year?....laffin!
Posted By: 300MAG Re: JohnBurns - 11/05/10
VA,

John loves Pabst Blue Ribbon beer - send him a case or two!!

LOL!!

Posted By: doubletap Re: JohnBurns - 11/05/10
First he's praised as a good guy and then somebody "outs" him as a PBR drinker.
Posted By: SAKO75 Re: JohnBurns - 11/05/10
P.B.R. ME A.S.A.P.
© 24hourcampfire