Print Thread
Hop To
#4568863 11/05/10
V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
Figured a couple things out, and feel that I owe you an apology.

You took what many of us figured out, and one-upped it. Kudos.

Now, we can disagree on whether your system will "outperform" anything else (simply one of your marketing pitches), and we can disagree on calibers, and choices of components, etc. That's just ballistic/rifle-loony gack.

You figured out a "system" that works brilliantly for you. Many of the rest of us have done the same. You, however, took it two steps further: you figured out how to get credit for it, and get paid for it.

Kudos.

Other "rifle loonies" might know your system can be built for less, or with other components and still work, but the only reason we know that is because we figured schit out by trial-and-error (just like you did), and spent far more figuring it out.

Someone out the gate, starting from scratch, taking a known blue-print (yours, for example) would save themselves considerable time, trouble, and money, by going with the pre-packaged system.

So, I apologize for not realizing that earlier, and again, kudos for figuring out how to do what rifle-loonies do (figure out a system that works for them) and get paid for doing it.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No apology necessary and I had fun with the discussion.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gotta agree with you VA.
If nothing else John has shown abundant confidence in his system and you gotta respect that.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not to mention a fairly thick skin, a good sense of humor and a higher than average degree of grace under fire.

Kind of unusual IME for successful entrepreneurial types. The ones I've worked with tend toward megalomania or at the very least become a**holes when under pressure.

As the OP noted, you took what is obviously a passion for you and are making it work financially. "Find something you love doing and you'll never work another day in your life." Sounds like you have found that for yourself.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

Now, we can disagree on whether your system will "outperform" anything else (simply one of your marketing pitches), and we can disagree on calibers, and choices of components, etc. That's just ballistic/rifle-loony gack.

You figured out a "system" that works brilliantly for you. Many of the rest of us have done the same. You, however, took it two steps further: you figured out how to get credit for it, and get paid for it.

Kudos.

Other "rifle loonies" might know your system can be built for less, or with other components and still work, but the only reason we know that is because we figured schit out by trial-and-error (just like you did), and spent far more figuring it out.

Someone out the gate, starting from scratch, taking a known blue-print (yours, for example) would save themselves considerable time, trouble, and money, by going with the pre-packaged system.

So, I apologize for not realizing that earlier, and again, kudos for figuring out how to do what rifle-loonies do (figure out a system that works for them) and get paid for doing it.

that is essentially the same thing I have been saying, yeah to us his systems are very expensive, but from years of reading and learning and time spent on websites like this, that autta be worth something right?? some of us could put together something similar to what john does for less money.

but if you offer someone a turn key package, that is guaranteed to shoot, everything is ready to go. I can see the value in that.

the only thing I don't get is I have never seen any type of leveling device on their scopes or guns, this does make a differnce on long shots,

IC B2

M
M
there's no fun in turn key. (lazy)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have to say that I respect him for standing behind what he sells and was willing to put his money where his mouth is.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Not to mention a fairly thick skin, a good sense of humor and a higher than average degree of grace under fire.

Very well put. And the guy just looks like he's having fun! smile

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

Kudos.

Well stated VA...

I've never shook the mans hand but I'm sure sometime soon we will meet, bang some steel, trade notes, exchange a few lies and have a great time doing what we love...

I like the guy based on the fact that John is a close friend of one of the best buds I have in the world. That alone is good enough.

Besides, I'd rather read what he has to say than about why an accubond shed 39.4% of its weight when it hit an elk's shoulder at 262.9 yards and therefore is a POS elk bullet and what should I try next year?....laffin!

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
VA,

John loves Pabst Blue Ribbon beer - send him a case or two!!

LOL!!

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
First he's praised as a good guy and then somebody "outs" him as a PBR drinker.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P.B.R. ME A.S.A.P.

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (12344mag, 16gage, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 160user, 16penny, 52 invisible), 2,783 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,493
Posts18,490,429
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.