Home
Posted By: taylorce1 Stock for a Win M670? - 03/10/11
Who makes a good replacement stock for the M670? Want to keep the blind magazine and build this rifle into about an 8 pound scoped and loaded .338-06. I don't like the cheap wood stock that is currently on it.

Thanks!
Posted By: Karnis Re: Stock for a Win M670? - 03/11/11
Check this thread:

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/3979804/Re_Bansner_Stock_for_Model_70

laugh
HUNTERS EDGE ULTRALIGHT WINCHESTER

We created this new ultralight hunting stock using the technology we developed for the very popular EDGE benchrest stock. It is a slim classic style and may be inletted for all Winchester Model 70 and Montana Rifleman 1999 actions, both long and short, left and right handed, with floorplate or blind magazines. The slender forend will accept up to a factory sporter barrel contour or custom barrel similar to a #3 Douglas or smaller. This all-graphite stock comes standard with aluminum pillars, a 1/2" Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad and two sling studs in any of our painted colors. The finished stock will weigh in at 21-23 ounces, depending on the action cutout. It is not available in molded-in camo or marble finishes in order to save weight. Though an ultralight, it is still guaranteed to handle the recoil up to the .300 win mag level.
Posted By: taylorce1 Re: Stock for a Win M670? - 03/11/11
Karnis, you da man! You can pretty much nail what I'm looking for. I'll check them out!
Posted By: Toolelk Re: Stock for a Win M670? - 03/11/11
http://www.brownprecision.com/
Posted By: DickD Re: Stock for a Win M670? - 03/11/11
Taylor,
Actually we can inlet any of our Winchester stock designs for the blind magazine Model 670 rifles.
Posted By: DickD Re: Stock for a Win M670? - 03/11/11
Oops, sorry, I am at McMillans.
IMHO, the Edge is the only way to fly.
Posted By: Kaleb Re: Stock for a Win M670? - 03/11/11
Originally Posted by Karnis
IMHO, the Edge is the only way to fly.

I hope so. I've got one ordered for mine.
Posted By: D2Junky Re: Stock for a Win M670? - 03/14/11
McMillan Edge is the only way to fly. I have an old Winlite sitting here with a blind mag that ive got inlet for a short shanked Douglas #2 but it in no way compares to the edge.
© 24hourcampfire