Home
I'm thinking of selling this rifle (without the scope)and wanted to gauge interest. It's a 7 Mashburn Super built on a Kimber action (originally .338 WM) with the original Select Grade walnut stock shown below. It also has a bedded Bansner stock. The barrel is a Brux #3, 24" and the round count is low. The rifle was done by Kevin Weaver, including the black ceramic coating.

I also have a set of forming dies and FL dies.

**Corrected, I originally said "Super Grade" but this is a select grade walnut stock.**

I haven't decided on a price, if interested send me a PM.

[Linked Image]
Dang, of all the times to see this for sale....

Awesome rifle.

Tanner
VERY nice, would look great in one of MY safes. but, I ain't got no more gun bux for this year....something about a "new couch. you promised THREE years ago"......

Bloody waste of money,eh, who ever sees a new couch ya can hunt with!?

So, HOW does it SHOOT?
Oh snap, I don't "need" another, but my Dad sure is interested in mine. Maybe Santa should bring him one instead of new shoes for his 4-wheeler.
Originally Posted by kutenay
So, HOW does it SHOOT?

It likes the 150 NBTs with Mark Dobrenski's pet load of 7828:

[Linked Image]
150's at almost 3300 is bringing some heat. that's a beautimous rifle
Outstanding, if I were only 15 years younger, I would be VERY keen to buy it. It is among THE neatest rifles I have ever seen on this site and one that I think would be just superb for hunting in BC's "Peace River" open country, or, for watching "clearcuts" as we old guys usually do.

So, Phil, have you another project in mind to "replace" it?
Not so much a project, but I've always wanted a NULA and I need 1) more room in the safe; and 2) more cash to pay for it. Plus I have a walnut-stocked Kimber 7 WSM that doesn't match the speed but comes close enough for me.

Seriously though Kute, a new couch???? What were you thinking?
That's a beauty Phil. Like the job you did on it. wink
Originally Posted by n8dawg6
150's at almost 3300 is bringing some heat. that's a beautimous rifle

I think the chrony was reading fast that day, so I'm not saying it will get 3290 all the time.
Good Heavens that thing has gravitas...
Come up with a price yet?

Could be interested.

donsm70
Damn thats got me thinking about converting my 06 84L to 9.3x62 Image a Kimber Classic Select in 9.3x62 Sweet! Who did your work?
Sorry read it again. Kevin Weaver.
No worries sidepass. donsm70, I will come up with a price and post it tomorrow.

I'll throw in the rings, they are Talley one-piece lightweights. I also have dies and .300 WM brass.
Nice rifle! I'd love to add that to the stable, but like others, not much cash.
OK, the price is $1425 shipped (CONUS only) and that includes both stocks but no dies or brass. And of course, the buyer would pay the fee for the FFL transfer.
That's a more than fair price!
I'll say !!!!
VERY nice rifle! Would you consider selling or trading it off without the Tupperware stock? I would have less than zero use for any handle other than the nice one in the photo.

Trade interests?
Yes I will sell it without the Bansner stock for $1375, shipped (CONUS only). As far as trades, what are you interested in trading? If you have a NIB NULA in .260 Remington, that would do it!
That's a beaut!

What does.it weigh with the Brux 3 ?
Thanks! It's just what the guy who's just had a son needs!

Congratulations, by the way! It weighs 8 ;b. 14 oz with a Kahles 3 X 9 and the walnut, and 8 lbs 5 oz with the Bansner.
This has two stocks? A Bansner? I didn't realize that.

Great price.
Thanks Smoke!

And yeah, that's a great price.
I know what you mean on the "new couch". Some years ago, I won a new Rem 700 Varmint in 6 Remingtion at an annual Varmint Calling Banquet, which was on a Sat night. On Monday, wife went and bought $3800 in furniture with the reasoning that I had won a rifle!
If I were in the market for a 7 Mashburn, this would be the rifle I'd buy, with BOTH stocks, pronto!

Having shot Dober's, weight is just right for the cartridge IMO, especially with the fiberglass.

Dang, that's a pretty one, gotta count my piggy bank!
Does Bansner make a Kimber stock that fits?
Winchester model 70 with a little attention.
Dare I ask, price with both stocks?
Originally Posted by smokepole
OK, the price is $1425 shipped (CONUS only) and that includes both stocks but no dies or brass. And of course, the buyer would pay the fee for the FFL transfer.

any chance for pics in the Bansner?

Great price for a fine rifle.

This one won't stick around long. Put it on gunbroker and you'll do better than $1425 Smoke...
How many down the tube?
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Does Bansner make a Kimber stock that fits?

I believe Sidepass is correct, I spoke with Kevin yesterday and he said he thought it was a Remington long action Sheep Hunter but as I recall, he tried the Remington but had to use a Winchester.

FULL DISCLOSURE:

As a result, the Kimber factory Magazine box would not work in the Bansner stock and Kevin had to modify a Winchester Mag. box to fit, and that included removing the spacer so the modified mag box looks rough but it works. He also had to modify a set of action screws to work with the Bansner so if a buyer purchases the Bansner he will get two mag boxes and two sets of action screws.

I will post a picture of the Bansner a little later, it's green with black webbing.

Originally Posted by Gibby
How many down the tube?

I did not keep a precise round count, but I pretty much started off with a proven load using 150 Ballistic Tips and stayed with that. The rifle has only been to the range, I bought it new and never hunted with it.

I'd estimate 200 rounds, and I'm sure it hasn't exceeded 300.

Originally Posted by JohnMoses

Great price for a fine rifle.

This one won't stick around long. Put it on gunbroker and you'll do better than $1425 Smoke...

Thanks for the compliment JM, I am going to do that later today and see if you are right.
OK, here are some photos of the Bansner stock, it's pillar-bedded:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Try it in the classifieds here before you go to gunbroker, guys who may be interested may not be checking the custom rifles & wildcats threads. Very nice rifle!
Posted in the classifieds with more photos:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...MM_Mashburn_Super_Custom_Rif#Post8330061
Can't believe no one has taken this.
Originally Posted by RickF

The cult just ain't that big laugh
Agreed, it is a LOT of rifle for the price, but, I have noticed that even very fine custom rifles and many classics such as P-64-70s, the better Brnos and so on are selling more slowly at present than appeared to be the case 1-2 years ago.

But, it will sell and some wise man will have one helluva fine rifle, just as with the two you are selling. If, I were 10-15 years younger, I would GRAB your 6mm by GD, that is among the nicest "functional custom" P-64s I have seen in a LONG while!

Ah, life so short and SO many neat rifles to drool over!

I doubt you could even assemble the parts for that money. Even if you didn't like the cartridge, it's just a barrel job away from any other belted 7mm or 300 for that matter.
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by RickF

The cult just ain't that big laugh

But it's growing. Sell the couch Dewey!!

And you're right Bob, you couldn't come close for that money.
Geez, Phil, I ain't even BOUGHT that damned couch, yet!

It WILL sell, it is one of VERY few "wildcats" that I would like to own and use and I think that someone will buy it within a week or even less.
Yup it'll move. After all it IS Christmas time for lots of folks....lot of gun money is going under those Christmas trees I bet.
folks do not realize just how much the middle class is hurting right now. Lot of two income families are down to one income. Many of the jobs out there do not have the future that they once had. Obama care, inflation, has many businesses cutting costs to the bone.

People are scared.

I went to Wal Mart yesterday to the grocery section to get my wife her favorite brand of dark chocolate. During check out, it took 35 minutes due to people using Govm't assistance of one kind or another.

I have been trying to sell a total custom 223AI with two barrels, cost would be in the $2000+ area for $1200 with no interest what so ever....sign of the times!

This is just the beginning!
The good thing about this rifle is, worst case, I keep it.
Originally Posted by smokepole
The good thing about this rifle is, worst case, I keep it.

I can think of worse things... grin
Sold Pending Funds.
Someone made a very wise choice, a very nice rifle at a very good price. My 7mm Mashburn on the Wby Vanguard action has about $1,300 in it without the cost of the Leupold VX III 2.5x8 added in. Smokepole what brass were you using? I have been using WW 300 Win and 1 bag of 50 RP 300 Win. I have been neck reaming my brass now after fire forming as after firing one or more times a bullet inserted in a un-sized case neck would stop at the base of the neck. The neck reaming fixed that and may have lowered pressure a little. Randy
I've been using WW 300WM brass, haven't noticed that particular problem?
© 24hourcampfire