Home
And I could not be happier.
These high resolution photos just do not do this piece of art justice.
Since 2013 the stocks have been beautifully checkered and a nice Leupold 3X9 has been added.
FE Warren was quite a talented guy for sure!
I would love to know who did the checkering. It is very fine!!
I feel lucky to be the keeper of this piece of art.
Ed
Hope this works!
https://imgur.com/a/8GPFFUB

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...tthread/Board/40/main/559042/type/thread
Nice looking newer 99! Tastefully done.
Very Nice, Well done!
Thanks Fellas
Normally I prefer older guns. 20s,30s, 40s,even 50s!
But I could not pass on this 1971 model. I certainly do wish it was an old G or........but, I couldn't be happier with this one! I do love nicely engraved guns. I really admire the skill and talent these Artists that make stocks and engrave guns have.
Life is far too short to hunt with an ugly gun.
Handsome rifle, for sure.
Originally Posted by SS336
Handsome rifle, for sure.

+1
A really nice job looks great

Johno
those pictures were kind of like pictures of a well endowed filly. don't know what to look at first. being a retired diamond scratcher i looked at the checkering first. after the usual , "very nice except" i got to the metal. i'd be proud to have that gun, no matter the era!
as an aside, for you guys checkering, when running a bead border if,IF you have over runs, get a tiny sponge paint brush and dampen the bead, only the bead and very lightly dampen. let it dry. even if the checkering is done after finish the over run cuts will swell up and a couple more passes with the tool will make them like they never were. just my 2cents.
A fine example of gun making art!
I'm including some aftermarket engraved guns in the new book. If you would like it included, send the pics to [email protected].
I love it!
Originally Posted by wyo1895
I'm including some aftermarket engraved guns in the new book. If you would like it included, send the pics to [email protected].

That is great, David!
I'll get some quality pictures and send them over to you in the next few days.
Thanks,
Ed
Sounds good.
© 24hourcampfire