Home
Posted By: RAS SAVAGEFEST 2020 is POSTPONED - 04/17/20
All:

I talked to a member of the Chamber yesterday and they are not sure that we are going to have our building open to us during the 29-31 May timeframe. As a result, I am going to postpone the SavegeFest event to a future undetermined date.

As you probably have seen on the news, our Governor has been difficult. There is just too much uncertainty to keep our current dates of 29-31 May.

I was really looking forward to this event and many of you were as well. I had a lot of neat things set up for it. I know it isn’t anyone’s fault, but I apologize to you all anyways.

God bless and be safe,
Jeff
RATZ again. We'll pull it off on another day, thanks for all your work, Jeff.
I know how hard it was to make this decision. The whole country knows what a buffoon you have for a governor.
Appreciate the effort very much, and nobody can blame this cancellation on you. It'd be like blaming you for a tornado...

Thank you for trying. Nobody could ask for more.
Thank you, Jeff.

As an alternative may I suggest a "virtual" Fest as a stopgap until a real Fest can be held? Pick a day and time and everyone gather up their Savages and pose with them for a happy pic, and post them here simultaneously? It could be an epic thread- not as good as the real thing maybe, but a showing of fellowship and solidarity in these uncertain times. Just a thought.
Jeff,
Thanks for all your efforts. I can appreciate how much time and effort it takes behind the scenes to plan a successful fest. Looking forward to the time you will be able to set a new date for an even bigger and better fest.
John
Thank you for the effort. I like the idea of a virtual fest. Perhaps one of the members who is good with technology can investigate and advise.
With all the uncertainty, it is probably the right thing to do. Looking forward to the new dates.
Thanks for keeping it as a possibility in the future.
Maybe you boys should still get together but take some rope along with your guns....
That's a good call Jeff.
Thank you for the effort. I too can appreciate that.
We'll look forward to a Savage Fest down the road...
Posted By: S99VG Re: SAVAGEFEST 2020 is POSTPONED - 04/17/20
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Thank you, Jeff.

As an alternative may I suggest a "virtual" Fest as a stopgap until a real Fest can be held? Pick a day and time and everyone gather up their Savages and pose with them for a happy pic, and post them here simultaneously? It could be an epic thread- not as good as the real thing maybe, but a showing of fellowship and solidarity in these uncertain times. Just a thought.

Now there's an idea. And there's also no good reason for taking chances with public health at this time so regardless of who your governor is (and I haven't a clue) - good call. There will be another day.
Roy, is the rope to be used to hang the Governor?
Seriously, it's shaping up that I will have to travel to get the photos needed for the book so I may be able to come but won't be able to bring any guns since I'll be traveling to the People's Republic of Connecticut and crossing the People's Republic of New York.
Posted By: RAS Re: SAVAGEFEST 2020 is POSTPONED - 04/17/20
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Thank you, Jeff.

Great idea Gary! Let me put something together.
Jeff, tough call, but the right call, given the circumstances. Thank you for all the advance time and effort you have put in on this. Looking forward to a trip out that way at some point.
Posted By: RAS Re: SAVAGEFEST 2020 is POSTPONED - 04/17/20
Thank you all.

It’s just postponed until later.

I had a bunch of cool stuff planned. Not going to say what because we will do it later at some point.
Posted By: 99guy Re: SAVAGEFEST 2020 is POSTPONED - 04/17/20
Bummer frown
Originally Posted by wyo1895
Roy, is the rope to be used to hang the Governor?

I can neither confirm nor deny the assumption.
Better to not make things like that public.
Just because he is Paranoid, doesn’t mean they are not watching us.
Posted By: RAS Re: SAVAGEFEST 2020 is POSTPONED - 04/18/20
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Good Call Jeff! I may even able to make one at a Later Date! World is a diffrent place at the Moment!
Posted By: ctw Re: SAVAGEFEST 2020 is POSTPONED - 04/18/20
Funny thing I think she made the right call. I think there is a lot of panick that has followed. Looking forward to the fest when it happens looking very foprward to it. I have a place in manistique.
She made the right call?
© 24hourcampfire