Home
Posted By: Lonny Granfors bruk: a good deal? - 11/25/17
I accidently did a bit of Black Friday shopping and noticed a 25% off sign over all the knives, axes and saws in a local sporting goods store. Looking a bit closer, I noticed two Granfors bruk axes. One Small Forest axe and one Scandanavian Forest axe. Hell, I didn't think anybody around here even carried them?

Anyway, the Small Forest axe felt really great in the hand and I decided to snag it. Out the door it was $103.

What does this axe cost in your area? I'm seeing the Small Forest Axe online for $140 and up.

The Scandanavian Forest axe was only $10 more. I dang near tempted to go back and see if its still there and on sale...
Those prices are the best you will ever see. I would have bought both. What a Christmas gift they would make for you or a friend.
I bought mine from LL Bean with a 25% off coupon.
Originally Posted by woods_walker
Those prices are the best you will ever see. I would have bought both. What a Christmas gift they would make for you or a friend.

And I can the perfect friend to give it to.....hint..... grin

Kidding aside.....where did you see those Lonny? I just like to fondle one and see what all the fuss is about.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Granfors bruk: a good deal? - 11/27/17
That's an axe I would like for my truck. And that's a very good price!
Posted By: Lonny Re: Granfors bruk: a good deal? - 11/27/17
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by woods_walker

And I can the perfect friend to give it to.....hint..... grin

Charlie, I had one at the counter for you when I remembered how when we were shooting varmints last spring, my rifle suddenly started missing after I took a leak and had my back turned...

Somehow the windage cap was off when I came back??? Hmmm...

And than there was the "wind" that always shook the pickup when I tried to shoot using it for a rest... I started connecting some dots and the axe will have to go to FB2 instead... smile smile

Tri-State had them, but the 25% off sale was for Friday only. I was in there a few weeks ago and fondled them for a bit and really liked the small forest axe. Heck, I would have never even given the Granfors Bruk a second look if you hadn't got me hooked up with the Husqvarna axe line. That got me understanding what a decent axe is like. I'll darn sure let you handle it to see what you think as I'd be interested in your opinion. It's supposed to be a Christmas present though and the wife has taken it out of my possession for now... smile
Posted By: Lonny Re: Granfors bruk: a good deal? - 11/27/17
MOGC,

For the truck is exactly why I bought it. I started carrying a Husqvarna carpenters axe in my pickup after FG showed me his and I wondered how I ever got along with out that handy little axe. Glad to hear it was a decent deal also.
Originally Posted by Lonny

Charlie, I had one at the counter for you when I remembered how when we were shooting varmints last spring, my rifle suddenly started missing after I took a leak and had my back turned...

Somehow the windage cap was off when I came back??? Hmmm...

And than there was the "wind" that always shook the pickup when I tried to shoot using it for a rest... I started connecting some dots and the axe will have to go to FB2 instead... smile smile

Sorry bout that but when you shoot as poorly as I do you never pass up an opportunity tip the scale a little bit.

As you know the last thing I need is another Axe but I've never handled a GB so I'm curious. Not curious enough to stop at Tri State but I'll be looking forward to seeing your "Christmas present".
Excellent price. I have a GB Small Forest axe that I bought many years ago for not a lot of money. To illustrate, at the same time I also bought a mini-hatchet for $40. They are around $140 now. I have never figured out a use for the mini, but it's a neat little item.
There is no way I would ever give that kind of money for an axe again.
© 24hourcampfire