Home
Posted By: rickt300 Perfect Mule deer rifle - 08/19/20
Well I didn't draw for Wyoming this year but it looks like a panhandle Mule deer hunt is coming my way. I have three 270's that are perfect open country rifles. One a M98 Mauser with a heavy sporter 24 inch barrel Topped with a 3-9x40 Bushnell Elite. That rifle is a real tackdriver but is a bit heavy as I seem to be getting older every day. Next up is a Ruger Tanger topped with a Vortex 3-9x40, also a tackdriver and also a bit heavy but a pound less than the Mauser. Next is an early Encore topped with a 2-7x32 Bausch and Lomb. This one is a shooter also and is the lightest of the bunch. I also have a 280AI on a Springfield action topped with another Bushnell Elite 3-9x40. I will take this rifle as a back up. However presently I am waiting on a barrel I ordered for a M700 short action, it is a 24 incher in 260 Remington. This one will be topped with a 10x42 SWFA and will be used at a specific spot on some high ground where I might get a shot at around 5 to 600 yards. I will get some practice in soon and get my dialing figured out. So in my opinion I don't own the perfect Mule deer rifle yet. Seems to be a bullet shortage in 6.5 lately also.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 08/19/20
Kimber Montana in 260 works for me....

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Posted By: woodson Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 08/19/20
Great pics dude. Grats on those bucks.
Posted By: jwall Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 08/19/20
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Kimber Montana in 260 works for me....

Never get tired of that MASS ! !

Jerry
Posted By: hanco Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 08/19/20
A Kleinguenther K-15
I have never hunted for Mule deer but it seems more of a spot and stalk game than the endless stand hunting i do for whitetails. IMO The perfect Mule deer rifle should be light weight and accurate so there are many options available, I would also make My perfect Mule deer rifle a bolt action of course...I'd say a Kimber Montana chambered in 30-06 sounds about right for Me topped with a Swarovski Z3 3-10x42đź‘Ť......Hb
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 08/19/20
Same rifle from the elk thread.

.264 Win Mag/VX3 4.5-14/ McM G30 action/140gr VLDs

Works Good

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Now it's got a suppressor.
Posted By: rickt300 Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 08/19/20
Nice deer! I doubt there will be anything like those in northTexas for me to shoot at. JohnBurns that looks like the country around Flaming gorge Reservoir.
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
I have never hunted for Mule deer but it seems more of a spot and stalk game than the endless stand hunting i do for whitetails. IMO The perfect Mule deer rifle should be light weight and accurate so there are many options available, I would also make My perfect Mule deer rifle a bolt action of course...I'd say a Kimber Montana chambered in 30-06 sounds about right for Me topped with a Swarovski Z3 3-10x42đź‘Ť......Hb

Mule deer hunting can become endless spotting! It is nice to have a rifle that is not too heavy or too long to get in and out of the truck with. I'm just building a 260 because I only have one 6.5, a Grendel in the house. I also have a 30-06 that has taken more Mule deer for me than I will ever get tags for the rest of my life.
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 08/19/20
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly

Mule deer hunting can become endless spotting! It is nice to have a rifle that is not too heavy or too long to get in and out of the truck with. I'm just building a 260 because I only have one 6.5, a Grendel in the house. I also have a 30-06 that has taken more Mule deer for me than I will ever get tags for the rest of my life.

Yeah, drive and watch, hike and glass, move and sit. One thing about it: when I have a deer tag in my pocket on opening day, I have an elk tag right next to the deer tag. I generally get my deer before I get my elk, but until then, the rifle I am using is going to be an elk rifle too.

Light, accurate rifles are like a hot wife: everybody wants one, but either because we can't afford them or through the luck of the draw, we don't all have one.
Last year my wife, son and I each used my Kimber Mt in 243 suppressed to take 3 mature deer, two were bucks. Ranges of 40-416 yards. 95gr nbt.
Guns are cheaper than wives! And you can have more than one.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 08/22/20
Looked at my hunting notes, over the decades have taken "big" mule deer with a bunch of different rifles. My definition includes any buck field-dressing around 200 pounds or more, or antlers gross-scoring 160 or more inches B&C--or both. (Haven't scored one in a long time, but know what 160 looks like.) My wife Eileen has also killed a few of those. The biggest-bodied have been 350-400 pounds on the hoof.

The cartridges used include the .257 Roberts (3 bucks), 6.5 Creedmoor, .270 Winchester (3), 7x57 Mauser (2), .280 Remington (2), .308 Winchester and .300 Winchester Magnum.

The three biggest-bodied bucks were taken with the 7x57, .280 and .308, all at ranges from 200-300 yards. All went down promptly. But so have the rest.
Posted By: NTG Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 08/22/20
I've taken them with a 7-08 and a 270. Ranges from 150 to 465, with most in the 2-300 range. I like the 270 a bit more only because it's a bit lighter and it's a point and shoot operation out to 350 yards.

The 7-08 really isn't that much different, truth be told, and it is what I took my longest shot/deer (the one at 465).
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 08/22/20
Nice deer! I doubt there will be anything like those in northTexas for me to shoot at. JohnBurns that looks like the country around Flaming gorge Reservoir.

Thanks and east of Cody.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 08/22/20

There's a few in West Texas to shoot at. I've killed 41 muley bucks since 1971 and will be after 'em again with a T3X 6.5CM or McWhorter 7mm-08. I can't get enough of big mule deer bucks like this one........didn't have a tag.....already killed one.

Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 08/22/20
Originally Posted by JGRaider

There's a few in West Texas to shoot at. I've killed 41 muley bucks since 1971 and will be after 'em again with a T3X 6.5CM or McWhorter 7mm-08. I can't get enough of big mule deer bucks like this one........didn't have a tag.....already killed one.

The video name delivers. Sheesh.

Wow. What a deer.
Posted By: memtb Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 08/22/20

You didn’t state the weight nor the accuracy of the 280 AI. Assuming it is accurate and within your weight designation....go with the 280 AI! If the 280 AI doesn’t meet your criteria, throw the 3-9 Elite on the Encore and go kill your deer! memtb
270 with 150 grain Sierra boat tail over IMR 4831. In my Weatherby a supremely accurate load
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 08/22/20
I've shot a few mule deer in the desert and river bottoms, but the vast majority of times my mule deer have come from mountains so I prefer a light(ish) rifle with capability out to 500 yards or so. I've killed bigger bucks with my Kimber 84M in .223, and will again at some point but I think the perfect rifle for them is a Rem 700 or Kimber 84M, in a mountain rifle configuration. As far as a caliber goes, 6.5mm with a higher B/C bullet seems legit, not necessarily for the range capability (as rangefinders and turrets can deal with that), but to have less wind issues.

I used to hunt a lot off horseback and still do some and for that I like something that goes easier into a scabbard, without a bulky scope and long barrel. I am still figuring out what is "best" there, but have killed them on horseback hunts with a few different Savage 99s, a Krag-Jorgensen, Win 94 and some others...A guy could just pack a hard case with a bigger rifle on a pack saddle though I guess.
I've spent my whole life looking for the perfect mule deer rifle. My conclusion is that it is the rifle I have in my hand while mule deer hunting. The reason for me to chase the perfect rifle in the off-season is something to occupy time while not hunting. After 35 years of hunting, I think I've settled on three things I like to hunt: quail out West, mule deer and plains game in Africa. Oddly all three of my choices are most often pursued in similar, often arid or semi-arid landscapes, which drives rifle choice maybe more than the game being pursued.

With all that said, I've had several different "perfect" mule deer rifles: a .270 ULA 24" number 2 that once shot 10 rounds of different loads and bullets into under 1" at 100, Kimber Montanas in cartridges from .270 through .300, Barrett Fieldcraft 6.5 Creedmoor with 22" number 2, a .270 FN Mauser with a 24" number 2 in a Bansner and a few others I can't remember.

Most have come and gone. I exclusively used the ULA for several years but finally sold it because I could never get used to the stock design (same with the Barrett). Over recent years, I have trended toward slightly heavier rifles for mule deer because I shoot them better in the field. Right now my favorite is my FN .270, which balances well and weighs around 8.5 pounds with sling and ammo and ready to go. I also have custom wood stocked FNs in .30-06 and .300 H&H, which I haven't hunted but should do the job. Both have great finishes that should stay stable in most weather.

Right now, I'm building my latest iteration of a mule deer (plains game) rifle. It will be slightly heavier and chambered in .280 AI with a Remington action, Bartlein 2B (probably should've gone 3 but too late now), Magpul stock, Harris bipod and pic rail. I haven't decided on scope but it will be something mid-weight (20 ounces) and modern with an emphasis on tracking and reticle. I specifically am building this one to be steady off of sticks or from other field positions with the bipod deployed.

I
On another note, my biggest bodied mule deer, which was maybe the biggest I've ever seen, weighed 285 pounds gutted, skinned and with the head removed. I suspect it was approaching on 400 on the hoof. That is good-sized cow-elk range in regards to size and drives me to cartridges I otherwise would use for cow elk and with decent bullets.
Posted By: memtb Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 08/22/20
Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer
On another note, my biggest bodied mule deer, which was maybe the biggest I've ever seen, weighed 285 pounds gutted, skinned and with the head removed. I suspect it was approaching on 400 on the hoof. That is good-sized cow-elk range in regards to size and drives me to cartridges I otherwise would use for cow elk and with decent bullets.

^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^ Good response, it’s difficult to be “ overgunned”......pretty easy to be “undergunned”! memtb
Posted By: 1minute Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 08/22/20
The 240 Weatherby is the perfect mule deer cartridge. A 6-mm Rem is ideal for pronghorn, and the 243 is super for black tail. One simply can't be crossing over multi species with a given round. Cookie, my wife, comprehends this quite well.

Unfortunately, we don't have any whitetail about. Should they eventually sift in, I'm sure I can find an adequate cartridge somewhere.
I've used both small and large cartridges and have moved toward a belief in moderate cartridges for a given species. I had a couple of eye-opening experiences with bullets not penetrating deeply enough, though one instance was probably me taking a shot that in hindsight may have been iffy on game whose anatomy I didn't understand (oryx shot mid-body aiming for the offside shoulder on a quartering shot with entrance on left side) and the other was a conventional bullet (117 Hornady) only partially penetrating the chest in a light for species caliber (cow elk and .25-06).

For trophy mule deer, I have confidence in something between 6.5 Creedmoor and .300 Weatherby with bullets that will penetrate well with the .270 Win (or .280) being about perfect for me. For non-trophy hunting, I have no issue with smaller rounds and have in fact had great luck with Nosler 64-grain BSBs in .22 centerfires on our skinny local whitetails, though I've only hunted them to provide my wife with the "organic" meat she asks that I provide.
Posted By: DonFischer Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 08/22/20
I don't believe there's a perfect anything. There's what some people like and other's don't! I've killed a good number of mule deer with my 25-06 and 117gr bullet's. Take a 117gr over the 100gr every time, I tried the 100gr and to destructive for me. But the deer I did shoot with the 100gr bullet fell down right there. With the 117gr bullet they tended to walk off a few yards and lay down dead. Anyone believing the 30-06 wouldn't work needs to do some home work. That said I have never shot at the first deer with a 30-06, mine is my elk rifle! But I have killed a boat load of deer with a 308 and everyone with a 165gr bullet. I suspect a 150 and 180 gr bullet would do the same job! Longest shot at game I ever made was 330 yds measured with my 6.5x06. Didn't need to take that shot, just did it to say I did it! I've seldom had to shoot a deer much over 200yds! Best cartridge for deer of any kind is one you like!

The rifle! I think light weight get's really over rated! Ever seen a 6# competitive rifle? Heavy rifles are easier to shoot well! From about 7# to 8/8.5 # should be fine. If that's to heavy, you don't need a lighter rifle, you need to work out more! Barrel length is a consideration maybe. My 25-06, 6.5x06 and 30-06 all have 24" barrels. Why? On longer cartridges I just like longer barrels. My 308, 6.5x55 and 243's all have 22" barrels, same reason why, weight has nothing to do with it. My 22" barrel rifles are all 308 length action except the 6.5x55 and actually I think they come up quicker than the longer barrels. Truth be know, I'm not really so sure there's an advantage to that!

Scope. I'm not big on high power scopes but if you believe a higher power and bigger lens is better for you, go for it. I have a number of 3-9x scope's and the highest power I ever use is 6x and then only for developing loads. At 9x I tend to see my heart beat to much! I do have a 4.5-14x on a 243 varmint rifle and it's never been shot at over 8x, go figure! I think for ranges I'm liable to shoot my 2-7x scope's are probably the best but my 30-06 has a fixed 2 3/4x and it's my favorite hunting scope. It spent about 20yrs on a 308 my son now has before getting on my 30-06! That 308 was a Rem 660 with a 20" barrel and my son put a 3-9x50x scope on it. Looks like a scope wearing a rifle!

If I had to choose my favorite rifle for mule deer hunting, it would probably depend on what day of the week it was!
Post deleted
Posted By: Dre Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 08/22/20
It used to be my 270 with 140s pushing 3050.
Now it’s my T3x SL 6.5 CM with 130s Pushing 2900 as mentioned in the antelope thread.
The 270 is a back up now
DFischer. agree with some of what you say, but some of what you say is just ridiculous.

1. " Best cartridge for deer of any kind is one you like!" What if I'm in love with a 17HMR or 30-378 Bee? Does
that make them the best deer cartridge?

2. "The rifle! I think light weight get's really over rated! Ever seen a 6# competitive rifle? Heavy rifles are easier to shoot well! From about 7# to 8/8.5 # should be fine. If that's to heavy, you don't need a lighter rifle, you need to work out more! If you're going to plant your butt in a deer stand and sit there for hours you may be right, but do you honestly think any serious mountain hunter like Greg W, Inman, etc would lug a freaking 12lb rifle around chasing coues deer, elk, sheep, etc?

"Ridiculous" seems to be in the eye of the beholder. If you have great success with a 17 HMR or a 30-378 on deer, are you not allowed to "like" them because other people wouldn't?

I've lugged plenty of 7 to 8.5 pound rifles up a few thousand vertical feet (and one heavier than that). DFischer said nothing about a 12 pound rifle. That was you. And there are plenty of guys who DO lug 12lb+ rifles up mountains. They will sit and glass and shoot long shots with their heavy rifles. That's their choice. You can also make your own choices, without anyone else's approval, and those choices will only be "ridiculous" to those who don't get what you are trying to do.
Like does not equal "best", BTW, and heavy rifles in steep country obviously flew right over your head. Not surprised after reading your posts over the last month or two.
JG, I've never personally carried a "heavy" rifle in the mountains, but there are some pretty serious hunters on here that I see posting pictures with 10- to 15-pound rifles in rough country. My current build is going to be over 10 pounds ready for action. I will let you know how it works for me. I may determine it to be too heavy, but I am going to find out.
Maybe you and Fischer can gather up a couple of "clues" while your out today. Like does not equal "best", BTW, and heavy rifles in steep country obviously flew right over your head. Not surprised after reading your posts over the last month or two.

You live in West Texas, and want to lecture me on heavy rifles in steep country? I grew up in the Rockies, hunting schitt so steep you gotta use your hands just to climb it. My first deer required over 2000 feet of vertical climb to get to. My son's first deer last year required nearly 1500 feet of vertical climb. Just STFU. Really.
Posted By: Whitebird Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 08/22/20
Still looking.... I have several rifles that I am fairly content with... but at the end of the day its just my opinion.
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Maybe you and Fischer can gather up a couple of "clues" while your out today. Like does not equal "best", BTW, and heavy rifles in steep country obviously flew right over your head. Not surprised after reading your posts over the last month or two.

You live in West Texas, and want to lecture me on heavy rifles in steep country? I grew up in the Rockies, hunting schitt so steep you gotta use your hands just to climb it. My first deer required over 2000 feet of vertical climb to get to. My son's first deer last year required nearly 1500 feet of vertical climb. Just STFU. Really.

You're a climbing Sonofagun, but can't read for squat. Make it past the 6th grade?
Posted By: 79S Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 08/22/20

Uh oh I sense a call out soon.. so who’s traveling to what state for their ass whooping?? Or just meet up in Cheyenne Wyoming?
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 08/22/20
Prior to retiring I decided to get a great all around 'truck gun' as I planned on many days on the road and hunting everything from coyotes to Elk. My main criteria was reliability combined w/ a smooth action and a decent trigger. I wanted a good gun that would not make me cry if it was stolen. I ended up w/ a Tikka T3 Lite in 308 that was made perfect w/ the addition of SS 3-9 hd. I wouldn't mind if it was 2 lbs lighter but at 8 lbs it performs far above it's replacement value.

mike r
Originally Posted by 79S

Uh oh I sense a call out soon.. so who’s traveling to what state for their ass whooping?? Or just meet up in Cheyenne Wyoming?

I've got way more on my plate than dealing with this clown, or any other clown for that matter. I'll leave the internet badass title to someone else.

Wow!
Originally Posted by 79S

I've got way more on my plate than dealing with this clown, or any other clown for that matter. I'll leave the internet badass title to someone else.

Got TV to watch, and your grandkids' inheritance to piss away, huh, Boomer? The only clown in this discussion who should have paid more attention in 6th grade is the guy in your mirror. I read exactly what you wrote, then responded to it. Maybe you should go back and read it. Alzheimers sneaks up on you, and before you know it, you're schitting your pants and yelling at the computer.
I haven't shot a mule deer yet. But I will be taking this 270 after one this November.
[Linked Image]

Got TV to watch, and your grandkids' inheritance to piss away, huh, Boomer? The only clown in this discussion who should have paid more attention in 6th grade is the guy in your mirror. I read exactly what you wrote, then responded to it. Maybe you should go back and read it. Alzheimers sneaks up on you, and before you know it, you're schitting your pants and yelling at the computer.

Boy you sure told me didn't you? I had my feelings taken out with my tonsils when I was 5 or that would have hurt. No Alzheimers to deal with......other health issues to get lined out but thanks for the help.
Posted By: Judman Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 08/22/20
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco

Wow!

Yep, uncle Johnny, that bucks haunts me every time you post it... what a hammer 🔨
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 08/23/20
Here's a 170ish buck killed in the last 2 minutes of the 2018 WY season...I could have easily shot him with either of my two primary deer rifles earlier that day at 428 yards across a canyon, but I was carrying my .300 H&H which wasn't set up for that kind of shot. I decided to let him bed and find a spot to wait him out for the evening hunt. Normally I would have been carrying my "perfect" mule deer rifle and taken him that morning, but I wasn't due to getting back early from an Alaskan hunt where the .300 H&H was better suited and hadn't made it home yet to get a "better" deer rifle.

Rifle weight withstanding, this situation is exactly why I prefer something with at least 500 yard capability for mule deer.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: CRS Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 08/23/20
I am a 270 guy, so it would be hard for me to pick anything else. In all reality any cartridge with similar ballistics will work just fine,

Where the perfect comes in is the rifle setup. With everyone being an individual and having their own preferences, "perfect" will vary like opinions and can change with the weather. crazy

We have used 22-250's, 243's, 270's, 300 H&H and 338-06's on mule deer.

Posted By: rickt300 Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 08/24/20
The best thing about Mule deer rifles is that there is no reason ever to not build another one.
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 08/24/20

Boy you sure told me didn't you? I had my feelings taken out with my tonsils when I was 5 or that would have hurt. No Alzheimers to deal with......other health issues to get lined out but thanks for the help.

I don't take kindly to name-calling, as is typical. I'm sure you're aware that you were being an azzhole on purpose. Unless you aren't, and then yes, you DO have Alzheimers to deal with.
Posted By: rickt300 Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 08/24/20

Originally Posted by memtb

You didn’t state the weight nor the accuracy of the 280 AI. Assuming it is accurate and within your weight designation....go with the 280 AI! If the 280 AI doesn’t meet your criteria, throw the 3-9 Elite on the Encore and go kill your deer! memtb

Actually it might be the perfect Mule deer rifle, a tackdriver with 150 grain Ballistic Tips. Only real snivel is it is old school beautiful wood and bluing and not a scratch on it.Weighs under 9 pounds loaded and ready to go.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Anything, cartridge-wise, from the 6.5’s to the 7mm’s. But the rifle may be the most the important for the climbing and carrying part, at least IMO.

Rifles Inc. rifle and as scoped is about 6.25 lbs. .284 Win with an extended box.
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 08/25/20
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Anything, cartridge-wise, from the 6.5’s to the 7mm’s. But the rifle may be the most the important for the climbing and carrying part, at least IMO.

Rifles Inc. rifle and as scoped is about 6.25 lbs. .284 Win with an extended box.

There’s a whole lot to like about that, George. Awesome buck!
Posted By: Tejano Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 08/26/20
Rick300 I don't know where you are hunting but the Tx. Panhandle has some really big bucks in certain areas. The Deer on the NM side are sort of in between Desert and Rocky Mountain subspecies of Mule Deer and can be both big bodied and with big antlers. The deer on the Oklahoma side I am not sure of the genetics but know that good groceries grow big deer if not over hunted. This where agricultural land is adjacent to sort of Badlands or sand hills.

One thing unless your in Palo Duro or Cap Rock Canyon the terrain is pretty forgiving. For a Flat land hunt I would use my 257 Wby. No. 1. The Lipsey edition with a 28 inch barrel is no light weight, but it's manageable. For a backup I would choose something lighter and with sleeker bullets like my 7RM or 280 AI. The Panhandle is one of those places they hang up chains to use as a wind gauge so something like the 168 Nosler LRAB might be good insurance.

If I were going to build my ideal MD rifle it would be like a lighter version of Jack OConners classic 270s. The stock would be like a Dakota or Mountain Rifle and if cost was not a driving factor it would be on a lightened Dakota action too. But easier to start with a lighter action than trying to reduce a heavier one.
If I were hunting the Canyons then the Forbes rifle would get the nod, the 6.5x55 is not to far off the 270 and lots of sleeker bullets for it.
Posted By: OttoG Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 08/27/20
For me rifle is more important than cartridge. There has to be a darn good reason not to be carrying my M700 7-08 in Mcmillan Game Hunter.
Posted By: Wrapids Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 08/27/20
Lately ya gotta be able to shoot some slippery 6.5mm bullet out to long range. Not many times you can't get closer and make it a hunt.
Posted By: BigNate Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 09/03/20
Perfect for you is different than perfect for everyone. Caliber, cartridge, etc. mean very little in my experience. The perfect rifle is the one you shoot well, are comfortable with taking hunting shots, and are willing to hunt with. If it's to heavy and/or you're in lousy shape you won't be as apt to go where you should, cut your approach short, or cut angles on your stock to avoid having to go as far. If you aren't sure it'll get the job done you won't be ready to take the shot presented. If you are worried about scratching it up you won't crawl through the brush with it to get the shot you should. You see where I'm going with this.

I personally would grab my .25-06 anytime for deer of any kind or size and have confidence in it. My favorite load for it is the now discontinued 120gr Hornady HP. It shoot's it very well, and that bullet was designed for the .257 Wby and it shows. I stocked up a few boxes when I found out they were dropping them, but have found there are others that will be fine when I run out.
Posted By: MAKAIRA Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 09/03/20
For deer and antelope I have enjoyed the 257 Weatherby with the 100 grain TTSX.
Posted By: RinB Re: Perfect Mule deer rifle - 09/03/20

Rifle total weight loaded scope and sling 7#
2.5/3-9/10 scope
22-24” barrel
120-150 bullet at around 3000
Bore diameter .264-.308
© 24hourcampfire