Posted By: kingston Camp 2020 - 11/28/20
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
This one’s for Paul.
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Camp 2020 - 11/28/20
[quote=kingston][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
This one’s for Toby!

There I fixed that for you!! 😁😁😁
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Camp 2020 - 11/28/20
Have you seen a buck yet? How about the bear?
Posted By: kingston Re: Camp 2020 - 11/28/20
7 doe, 1 little buck
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Camp 2020 - 11/28/20
Nice1

Where ya at, kingston?
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Camp 2020 - 11/28/20
Originally Posted by Whelenman
[quote=kingston][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Those Kryptek Vellous pants? If so - can you get boots through the leg zips or are they a boots off proposition?
Posted By: Terryk Re: Camp 2020 - 11/28/20
Saw 6 nuthatches, zero deer. Tree stand really had some rock and roll in the wind. Spits rain and sleet once in a while.
So I wall go to plan B on Monday. Different place about 2 miles away. Ill just use a hang-on tree seat on side of a steep hillside.
No Sunday hunts for me.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Nice1

Where ya at, kingston?

PA
Originally Posted by hillestadj

Those Kryptek Vellous pants? If so - can you get boots through the leg zips or are they a boots off proposition?

Yes, they are Kryptek Vellous. This is their third season. I’m a big fan. They’ve been great in wet and snowy conditions and super quiet. They’re equally good in dry conditions. They breathe well and are very light weight. I wear them one size big with suspenders (Sitka w/ hooks). The duct tape is from a crampon mishap. I haven’t tried to get them off with my boots on. I’ll give it a try for you later.
Originally Posted by Terryk
Saw 6 nuthatches, zero deer. Tree stand really had some rock and roll in the wind. Spits rain and sleet once in a while.
So I wall go to plan B on Monday. Different place about 2 miles away. Ill just use a hang-on tree seat on side of a steep hillside.
No Sunday hunts for me.

This sounds exactly like MI opener with raging winds, but it was 7 black capped chickadees.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Camp 2020 - 11/28/20
Originally Posted by kingston
Nice1

Where ya at, kingston?

PA

Da fugk?

I thought I recalled you hunted PA but when did opening day change from the Mon after Turkey Day?

I would of bet the Monongahela woulda flowed backwards before they changed opening Day!
Posted By: Dale K Re: Camp 2020 - 11/28/20

Da fugk?

I thought I recalled you hunted PA but when did opening day change from the Mon after Turkey Day?

I would of bet the Monongahela woulda flowed backwards before they changed opening Day!

Last year was when they moved the Pa. deer opener to Saturday. And this year, those who choose to get to hunt deer on Sunday (tomorrow).

No deer seen, darn little shooting. I saw mostly birds today too, did see one red squirrel, does that put me in the lead for the day? LOL

Dale
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Camp 2020 - 11/29/20
Nice1

Where ya at, kingston?

PA

Guess you haven’t seen the bear then!!!
Posted By: bbassi Re: Camp 2020 - 11/29/20
I’m in Potter Co on some state forest land near Denton Hill. No deer seen, but I did see two squirrels, a gray and a black, so I think I’m leading now, right?

Sky cleared out today. It a bit chilly in the back of the truck tonight but I get to try out my new -20 Browning bag. We’ll give a surprise in the morning!
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Camp 2020 - 11/29/20

Yes, they are Kryptek Vellous. This is their third season. I’m a big fan. They’ve been great in wet and snowy conditions and super quiet. They’re equally good in dry conditions. They breathe well and are very light weight. I wear them one size big with suspenders (Sitka w/ hooks). The duct tape is from a crampon mishap. I haven’t tried to get them off with my boots on. I’ll give it a try for you later.

Appreciate it - looking at picking up the jacket and pant while they're on sale this weekend. Waffling between the Vellous pant or Aegis bibs, would prefer the pant but need to pack into the stand so if I can't step into them with boots on thats a deal breaker.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Camp 2020 - 11/29/20
Originally Posted by Dale K

Da fugk?

Last year was when they moved the Pa. deer opener to Saturday. And this year, those who choose to get to hunt deer on Sunday (tomorrow).

No deer seen, darn little shooting. I saw mostly birds today too, did see one red squirrel, does that put me in the lead for the day? LOL

Dale

Huh. Maybe I did hear that last year. Happy folks in PA got Sundays. Never made a lick of sense to close huntIn on a weekend day.

Posted By: kingston Re: Camp 2020 - 11/29/20

Appreciate it - looking at picking up the jacket and pant while they're on sale this weekend. Waffling between the Vellous pant or Aegis bibs, would prefer the pant but need to pack into the stand so if I can't step into them with boots on thats a deal breaker.

I took them off over my muck boots last night. I had to scrunch the leg down a bit, but it was easy off. Where are these on sale, I might get another set?

BTW: I don’t have any experience with the Aegis, but last I knew the Vellus was the only part of their line to use the super light weight and breathable Thinsulate Platinum XTS Insulation.
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Camp 2020 - 11/29/20
Kryptek site has everything marked down currently...https://store.kryptek.com/catalog/product/vellus/vellus-pant/

Thanks for the follow up. Believe you're right about the insulation, the Aegis uses Primaloft.
Posted By: EdM Re: Camp 2020 - 11/29/20
Just ordered a pair. Thanks.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Camp 2020 - 11/30/20
More pictures needed....😎🤷🏽‍♀️😬
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Camp 2020 - 11/30/20
Ah, the lucky moon boots !

Good luck Brian !
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Camp 2020 - 12/03/20
Do we any shots fired, fur down at deer camp yet?

You’re slacking bro...And, please tell me you didn’t beat the shît outta Tommy over Trump

LMAO

😎
Posted By: kingston Re: Camp 2020 - 12/03/20
No deer down. The hunting has been really slow.

Dot made a new friend.
Spent some time in this both before and after 8" of snow.
Little surprises and missed opportunity.

I love Penn's woods under fresh snowfall.

Posted By: roundoak Re: Camp 2020 - 12/03/20
I am a cabin slut, enjoyed the pictures.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Camp 2020 - 12/03/20
Good stuff King.

A meece swimming in a turd pool is something different.

Holding out hope for horns for you and crew.

😎
Posted By: tzone Re: Camp 2020 - 12/03/20
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Do we any shots fired, fur down at deer camp yet?

You’re slacking bro...And, please tell me you didn’t beat the shît outta Tommy over Trump

LMAO

😎

You don't go to camp to fire shots!!
Posted By: tzone Re: Camp 2020 - 12/03/20

Who the hell got so drunk the schit out a mouse!!?
Posted By: skeen Re: Camp 2020 - 12/04/20
Originally Posted by tzone

laugh
Posted By: battue Re: Camp 2020 - 12/04/20
I love Penn's woods under fresh snowfall.

Been tromping thru this Pa scene most every day....Have only seen one Buck....bounced out of his bed...and he disappeared into it and over the hill in a couple seconds. Did push one to another guy. Hunted every day for at least 6 hours, on the move mostly. Deer here have been holed up almost the entire week and moving very little until dusk...

Nice camp!!!!
Posted By: bucktail Re: Camp 2020 - 12/04/20

I don't remember eating that
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Camp 2020 - 12/04/20
Beautiful place Brian !!

Glad you're enjoying it.

grin
Posted By: eaglemountainman Re: Camp 2020 - 12/04/20

Posted By: eaglemountainman Re: Camp 2020 - 12/04/20
I CAN NOT get my Vellus pants on or off over my boots with the short useless zippers. Love the pants though. If they had full length zippers they would be about perfect. I've mentioned it to Kryptek reps several times on another forum that they frequent.
Posted By: tzone Re: Camp 2020 - 12/04/20
Originally Posted by bucktail

I don't remember eating that

laugh laugh laugh
© 24hourcampfire