Home
Posted By: Judman The roundoak saga continues.. - 11/30/22
Anyone remember this buck Wayne aledgedly killed in Colorado?? I do cause I congratulated him when I got the issue. Anyhow l, shoulda paid attention better. According to the article his name is Corey welsh from Iowa. What a fuucking epic joke

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Somewhere I thought I had seen a pic of RO with a buck a few years back then in the last few days his "age" wasn't adding up to what I figured was a dude about our age Justin.

Maybe this was the pic.
Yep and I remember he didn’t really have much to say about it. The thread is on here somewhere ..
I do remember that mule deer and story but thought it was in a Western Hunter article.

I remember a while back I swore he posted pics that showed him as an older dude and then the last few years he was much younger. I never put a whole lot of thought into it though as I figured it was just my memory going haywire.

Got to start trusting my gut more, I guess.
Judman nice find and talk about a guy that played the long game.
I remember this and had the same thoughts as many of you. "he seemed older."

Hell, he's probably not even a farmer or a hunter.
Posted By: Brad Re: The roundoak saga continues.. - 11/30/22
Link to the thread?
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9553243/45

Here are a few pics.
Originally Posted by Brad
Link to the thread?

Brad, I think my thread was titled “hey roundoak”
Originally Posted by Judman
Anyone remember this buck Wayne aledgedly killed in Colorado?? I do cause I congratulated him when I got the issue. Anyhow l, shoulda paid attention better. According to the article his name is Corey welsh from Iowa. What a fuucking epic joke

The real story doesn't even mention any manure spreaders.
Ever know about someone and ask yourself what the story is? Somehow, something just seems too good to be true. Then you find out, oh, they hunt on private land not open to anyone else. Or, oh, they inherited 4.5 million dollars, or oh, their dad is head coach for the Steelers. You know, until you know the story, something just seems too good to be "normal".

My gut with roundoak. Figured there must be a story, just didn't know what it was. Now I know.
I just figured he had a badass chunk of ground he had access to. I don’t get too into most the shiit here, there are sub forums I’ve never even clicked on, don’t read most threads in the main fire etc.

Seems with the www everyone wants to be the best shot, hardest core mountain hunter, shoots the farthest, killed the most elk, passed up the most big bulls/bucks wears out a pair of boots or packs the fasted. Even prior to the www we had Noel feather, Mitch rompola, Kirk darner to name a few. People are funny
Posted By: Teal Re: The roundoak saga continues.. - 11/30/22
Noel Feather - dang, there's a name from the past.

Spook Spann too.
Myles Keller.
Originally Posted by Judman
I just figured he had a badass chunk of ground he had access to. I don’t get too into most the shiit here, there are sub forums I’ve never even clicked on, don’t read most threads in the main fire etc.

Seems with the www everyone wants to be the best shot, hardest core mountain hunter, shoots the farthest, killed the most elk, passed up the most big bulls/bucks wears out a pair of boots or packs the fasted. Even prior to the www we had Noel feather, Mitch rompola, Kirk darner to name a few. People are funny

HA!
It's a 400 yard stroll door to door from house to my fav blind with just a couple of ups & downs in between. If I were willing to go through the woods it would be an almost level stroll and 100 yards shorter, but I'd spook deer and I call that particular set of woods 'tick alley' as I always pull 5-10 off after going through.
All that to shoot dinks which I'm good with.
Posted By: Teal Re: The roundoak saga continues.. - 11/30/22
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Myles Keller.

His issues weren't hunting related.
He was kicked out of Canada, for shooting Caribou, then if they didn't make book, he'd roll them into the river, and got caught.
Originally Posted by saddlering
He was kicked out of Canada, for shooting Caribou, then if they didn't make book, he'd roll them into the river, and got caught.
Too bad more don’t.
That shít just boils me.

Edit - if true. I know it happens, hadn’t heard that about him before.
The campfire is firing on all 8 cylinders weeding out the bullshit.... wink
Originally Posted by irfubar

Dude only got away with it for 12 years. The fire don’t tolerate bullshit!
Originally Posted by Region6

Never shoulda mentioned the manure spreader! 🤦‍♂️
Dang…..

He had me buffalo’d

What about the six or 7 cabins??
Ok, I had just mentioned this in the other thread, RoundOak and I had a few discussions about that hunt via pm’s here,,,,,,

I never could figure how a guy that age had so much property in Wisconsin……….Thought something was weird back then, but I didn’t want to be “that” guy……..

Insanity.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by roundoak
Location, location, location.

6X....No

[Linked Image]

6X...No

[Linked Image]

6X...No

[Linked Image]

1x4...Yes

[Linked Image]

6X easily, unless you're one of the guys that has to find the target through the scope.

You can add up all of your dinks and wouldn't make one of what roundoak shoots. You giving him advice is downright laughable.
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

Never shoulda mentioned the manure spreader! 🤦‍♂️

Originally Posted by Kenneth
Ok, I had just mentioned this in the other thread, RoundOak and I had a few discussions about that hunt via pm’s here,,,,,,

I never could figure how a guy that age had so much property in Wisconsin……….Thought something was weird back then, but I didn’t want to be “that” guy……..

Insanity.

Similar story here, sans the PMs.

I was honestly thinking Roundoak was going to be one of those guys who at some point would be caught either poaching or shooting all those deer in preserves, then trying to enter them into B&C and/or magazines and websites. I didn't suspect he was simply swiping the pics, but I was seriously thinking that he wasn't genuine especially after this last round of threads he started.

That and the age thing, buying up property, etc. It just wasn't adding up but I never had enough proof to call him on it and I was having some trouble keeping it all straight.
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by Kenneth

Insanity.

Similar story here, sans the PMs.

I was honestly thinking Roundoak was going to be one of those guys who at some point would be caught either poaching or shooting all those deer in preserves, then trying to enter them into B&C and/or magazines and websites. I didn't suspect he was simply swiping the pics, but I was seriously thinking that he wasn't genuine especially after this last round of threads he started.

That and the age thing, buying up property, etc. It just wasn't adding up but I never had enough proof to call him on it and I was having some trouble keeping it all straight.
Same with a guy I knew that killed a ton of very nice deer, most are on display or were on display at a large sporting goods retailer in the KCMO area. I am betting half of those were shot from a truck cab in daylight and the others were in the headlights.

I could take you to the spot where most of those were killed as well.

He finally got caught doing some other bad schitt so I don't know if those heads are still in that store or not. A lot thought he was a hell of a hunter but a few of us knew the whole story.
Posted By: Brad Re: The roundoak saga continues.. - 12/02/22

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...962/re-your-military-service#Post4337962

128th AHC door gunner on vacation 1968-1970 sponsered by USA

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...-im-48-years-old-and-i-still#Post4650097

In the spirit of childish antics, I race my three kids in a 40 yard dash at least once a year. I am 66 yrs old and todate they have not caught me yet. smirk
Originally Posted by Brad

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...-im-48-years-old-and-i-still#Post4650097

In the spirit of childish antics, I race my three kids in a 40 yard dash at least once a year. I am 66 yrs old and todate they have not caught me yet. smirk

If, and I say “if” he was 66 then, he’s about 78 now.
Most bull shiiters are younger, in their 20s and such. Being so old makes this saga even more pathetic.

He also would have been a 24-26 year old door gunner which isn’t impossible by any stretch, but the vast majority of those guys were 18-19.
Roundoak, the phisher of men.

I dunno sitkadeer is still here…
Originally Posted by SeldomSeenSmith

Lol
Could thus all be the Mandel effect in reverse?
Originally Posted by SeldomSeenSmith

That’s a fact!!!😂
RO make Jussie Smollette look like a phuqqing choir boy
Originally Posted by UpTop
RO make Jussie Smollette look like a phuqqing choir boy

Not even close.
© 24hourcampfire