Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I'm 68 and I still slide on the floor in my socks and jump on the trampoline with my Grandkids (I don't do flips anymore). The most embarressing thing is that when some hot young girl flirts with me sometimes I forget is that it's probably just because I remind her of her Granddad.

Last edited by victoro; 12/01/10.
GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I used to stand flatfooted and jump into the saddle and gallop off. Last time I tried to ride a horse, I hiked my foot up into the stirrup on the third try, then nearly pulled poor old Doc over on me. He finally got the idea to stand with his legs spread like a sawhorse. I nearly ruptured myself climbing aboard. Getting off was much easier, I jumped down then stumbled forward twenty feet before I got my balance back. Well, I may not be Roy Rogers anymore, but Gabby Hayes was good too!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I must admit, I am 32 and I run and slide at our house all the time on our floors. My 4 yr old and 2 yr old love it.......sorry, still a child at heart.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You guys are funny. laugh

When I was in high school I'd always run down the wood staircase pretty fast wearing socks. Untill one morning they were a little more slippery than normal. I slid on my ars down all 17 steps. I thought my brother put pledge on the steps. Years later my mom finally confessed, it was her. smile

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
I still ride the little electric galloping horses outside the grocery stores...that is, when my wife will give me some quarters.

Did that at a bachelor party about 5 years ago.. I think some alcohol was involved though...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In the spirit of childish antics, I race my three kids in a 40 yard dash at least once a year. I am 66 yrs old and todate they have not caught me yet. smirk

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
run and slide on hardwood floors while wearing socks.

grin

I caught myself doing the same thing the other day on our new wannabe hardwood floor in the hallway. I'm pleased to say that I still enjoyed it at 41.

Oh, and I enjoy riding the crossbrace on the shopping cart now and then too, as well as still pulling the occasional shopping cart wheelie. grin

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We had a dog who loved to ride along in the car. She developed a Pavlovian response to the sound of car keys being removed from a pocket. She would come barreling from wherever she was in the house and head for the back door. She always had a bit of trouble with the kitchen linoleum, especially when Mom waxed. She would land on her side, piling up throw rugs until she bounced off the kitchen cabinets.

There is also the story of the little boy who told a neighbor that his grandmother always slid down the banister from the second floor. A few days later the boy informed the neighbor that in order to foil Grandma's antics, his parents had wrapped the banister with barbed wire. The neighbor allowed as how that must have stopped her. To this, the boy replied, "No, but it sure slows her down."

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tom Cruise would be proud of ya!!!! grin

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Yeah, and you'll keep it up until one day your slide will be less than the usual coordinated rigid standing slide. You'll do the splits mid-slide or your feet will lag or lead the remainder of your carcass.

If you get really really lucky you will recover before things get completely out of control and learn your lesson with this subtle warning.

If you get just really lucky your split or your bounce will not be of such a large magnitude to cause lasting injury and you will learn from this less than subtle warning.

If; however, you are a slow learner (kinda a given, being as you're having this discussion at 48) - or your luck runs like mine (and you are a slow learner like me) - you will split or bounce in such a fashion and extent that the lesson will be firmly and indelibly implanted.

Listen to your elders, some of us have already learned these things the hard way. And not much quicker than you have....

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by roundoak
In the spirit of childish antics, I race my three kids in a 40 yard dash at least once a year. I am 66 yrs old and todate they have not caught me yet. smirk

Sweet! smile

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by T_O_M
I'm a year behind you 'n' I still jump on my grocery cart and tool out across the parking lot on my way back to the truck.

Tom

I've figured out how to take the shopping cart and blast around the corners of the aisles doing 4 wheel drifts in the process. (Don't try this when the cart is top heavy, believe me blush) My wife is convinced I'm still at a mental age of 8. I prefer the more advanced age of 17 or so because I don't think girls have cooties anymore. grin

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glad you think so. My wife fears I am going to blow a gasket, therefore I am giving serious consideration of retiring from the race, unbeaten. grin

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by roundoak
Glad you think so. My wife fears I am going to blow a gasket, therefore I am giving serious consideration of retiring from the race, unbeaten. grin

I think I would do the same. Go out a winner! smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

225 members (308xray, 16penny, 2ndwind, 30Gibbs, 338Rules, 32 invisible), 1,959 guests, and 1,102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,613
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.