Genetic aberration, not a result of injury:
[Linked Image]

Wish I could do this with my hind leg:
[Linked Image]

Posted By: Tom264 Re: Favorite Deer Cam Photos - 07/19/11
[Linked Image]
Uncle!!!!!
Posted By: Marc Re: Favorite Deer Cam Photos - 07/19/11
This one is from my back yard. There are spikes back there every year eating my fruit but we rarely see a bigger buck. I put the cameras out to see if something bigger came at night. So far, no. This ones cool though.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Tom264
[Linked Image]

Only you Tom264, only you.
Posted By: ringworm Re: Favorite Deer Cam Photos - 07/20/11
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
C'mon man, I posted a humble few of mine. How about some of your own?
Posted By: 4_S_ter Re: Favorite Deer Cam Photos - 07/21/11
[Linked Image]

Posted By: 4_S_ter Re: Favorite Deer Cam Photos - 07/21/11
[Linked Image]

Posted By: rost495 Re: Favorite Deer Cam Photos - 07/21/11
Originally Posted by Monkey_Joe
C'mon man, I posted a humble few of mine. How about some of your own?

Can't bring myself to buy a camera....
Thats a big kitty.

Joseph
Understand. I was poking at the guy posting other's photos.

I held out until a few years ago on the camera deal and then popped for what was a last-year's closeout model that runs off D batteries and has an IR flash.
I have an absolute riot with the camera. It is real fun during rut - like the pic of the deformed antlered deer above is one of a sequence where he runs off a smaller guy - for all of about 30 seconds. My "yard" has an L shaped planting of pines that is about 125 yards long on each leg that becomes a huge scrape line with about every tree seeing some activity.

I see deer now that I never knew were around. Unfortunately that is not necessarily a good thing here - there are some horrible spikes around that just escape notice because of how skinny their antlers are. I knew they were here, just not how many.

I have a pic from last year of a "unicorn" buck - he has a regular set of small antlers and about a 6-8" spike right in the middle of his forehead. I'll have to dig that one up this weekend.
[Linked Image]
big deer
[Linked Image]

big snake
Posted By: rost495 Re: Favorite Deer Cam Photos - 07/21/11
Originally Posted by Monkey_Joe
Understand. I was poking at the guy posting other's photos.

I held out until a few years ago on the camera deal and then popped for what was a last-year's closeout model that runs off D batteries and has an IR flash.
I have an absolute riot with the camera. It is real fun during rut - like the pic of the deformed antlered deer above is one of a sequence where he runs off a smaller guy - for all of about 30 seconds. My "yard" has an L shaped planting of pines that is about 125 yards long on each leg that becomes a huge scrape line with about every tree seeing some activity.

I see deer now that I never knew were around. Unfortunately that is not necessarily a good thing here - there are some horrible spikes around that just escape notice because of how skinny their antlers are. I knew they were here, just not how many.

I have a pic from last year of a "unicorn" buck - he has a regular set of small antlers and about a 6-8" spike right in the middle of his forehead. I'll have to dig that one up this weekend.

Ain't the price... never has been..I'd spend 1000 on one if I wanted one... I"m afraid I'll see what I think I know is around, adn then waste the rest of my life looking for a deer thats probably nocturnal and or comes through once or twice a year..... odds are not good. I have things to do in life, I can't afford a wild deer chase too... grins....
Ain't the price... never has been..I'd spend 1000 on one if I wanted one... I"m afraid I'll see what I think I know is around, adn then waste the rest of my life looking for a deer thats probably nocturnal and or comes through once or twice a year.....

Have them but this is very true, going to run mine before the season and then try to hang them up. Wasted way too much time chasing a fantasy deer the past few seasons
They can be golden. We've taken many good bucks with the use of them. That said, they do cause you to chase ghost once in a while. I chased a 5.5yo 8pt last season I had multiple pics of. You'd have thought he was a ghost until I finally had him at 32yds, but too much brush to get an arrow through. It's nice knowing they are there to me. I get dulled out after seeing no deer for many sits, but having pics of them makes me give it a bit more effort.

This little guy was on a small piece of property my family has hunted since deer were introduced to the area many decades ago. Despite all those years of hunting the area has only produced a couple deer over 120 for us. Even though I hunt much better areas for bigger deer, I keep going back to where I tagged along with Papaw and Daddy when I was a little buck. It would mean more to me to put a tag on this guy than a 180 anywhere else in the country:
[Linked Image]

Ya'll have a good one,

loder
Posted By: 1minute Re: Favorite Deer Cam Photos - 07/21/11
Don't have a deer cam, but the wife gets good pictures.
I titled this one as "I can't see."
[Linked Image]
She is asking for a trial cam now, as she'd like to know what comes through behind our house at night. That's a pretty cheap way for me to get through next Christmas.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Favorite Deer Cam Photos - 07/22/11
One of my favorites:
[Linked Image]

Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Favorite Deer Cam Photos - 07/22/11
[Linked Image]
Posted By: FyrepowrX Re: Favorite Deer Cam Photos - 07/23/11
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
just noticed i never uploaded most of last years, need to go do that. a few more older ones...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I like the one above with its' tongue hanging out.

Cameras certainly are proof positive of what may only pass through a certain spot once.

I run a camera here at home for just the pure value of seeing what is around. I don't hunt here except for an occasional late season antlerless season that we have.

I have neighbors who do hunt around here and we often share photos from game cameras. It is interesting to note how often there will be an unusual animal around - 12-18" straight spikes, or something like my previously mentioned unicorn looking deer, or the whacky looking antlers posted above that some or all of us get a single photo of, but often none of us get more than just a single photo. And these guys run cameras for months on end. Some of our individual sightings may be spaced months apart so its' not like the guy made a single pass that hit everyone's camera.

Good fun stuff, but kinda of the way that I look at it as a hunting tool (I don't, actually) is that if I have chosen to set up a camera (an extremely limited range and coverage device) to get a picture of a deer it is because I have chosen a spot for all of what are obvious reasons to us. Food sources, sign, what have you. I'd be hunting there with or without photographic evidence.

Th
Making a rub.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: jpb Re: Favorite Deer Cam Photos - 07/23/11
Originally Posted by 1minute
Don't have a deer cam, but the wife gets good pictures.
I titled this one as "I can't see."

She is asking for a trial cam now, as she'd like to know what comes through behind our house at night. That's a pretty cheap way for me to get through next Christmas.

Make sure that it is a trail cam with a REAL good lens!

I'd hate to see any decrement from her wonderful picture quality!

John
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Favorite Deer Cam Photos - 07/23/11
I use cheap $50 wildgame units on public land.
I will post more later after I get them uploaded

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: mrk80 Re: Favorite Deer Cam Photos - 07/24/11
A few from last year...

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]

This guy is on my wall now!

[img:center][img]http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz60/mrk8066/nontypicalset1051.jpg[/img][/img]

Posted By: mrk80 Re: Favorite Deer Cam Photos - 07/24/11
Here is a cool one of a coon trying to save his buddy that the coyote has got by the head!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Favorite Deer Cam Photos - 07/25/11
This is a small pond that in ten days I only took one day picture out of nearly 100.

Here are some pics from that set.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u52/doetail68/255.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u52/doetail68/254.jpg[/img]
These are people pictures from a ridge trail.

The wheelchair hunter was in and out fro weeks. He didn't let his handicap stop him from hunting.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This is me

[Linked Image]
Coons love a trail-cam

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Duh, I wonder if the trail cam is working?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Texas99 Re: Favorite Deer Cam Photos - 07/27/11
I have one a lot like that. Can't show it now, as the investigation is still n. Been having a lot of trouble with thieves and trespassers, had my trailer broken into, installed an alarm system. Next weekend I let the property about 4 PM, alarm company called around 4:20 or so. Found a smashed window when I returned, but the alarm scared them off. Always figured it was the kids across the road, and they watched me leave that day. Next day I discovered 5 of my 7 game cams were gone. They had been chained and locked to the trees, but a plastic housing doesn't defeat a pry bar. Very next day we found 4 of those 5, in the brush alongside my drive. Figured the crooks tossed them as they were running from the alarm, probably figured to come back and get them later? Thee were all Moultrie's, D-40's, I think, but maybe D-55's. Amazingly, one still had an SD card in it, and was powered up! Had a nice full frontal picture of the punk laying it down, with several other cameras under his other arm! Best game cam pic I've ever gotten, bar none. Boy should be in jail right now, the investigators were going to conference with the DA about charges yesterday before picking him up. Another funny thing, there were 400 pix of limbs blowing overhead as the camera lay on it' back for 2 days, but none of the kid pulling it off the tree, or coming to the point where he dumped it. He evidently turned it off and turned it back on, maybe playing with it?
Originally Posted by Texas99
I have one a lot like that. Can't show it now, as the investigation is still n. Been having a lot of trouble with thieves and trespassers, had my trailer broken into, installed an alarm system. Next weekend I let the property about 4 PM, alarm company called around 4:20 or so. Found a smashed window when I returned, but the alarm scared them off. Always figured it was the kids across the road, and they watched me leave that day. Next day I discovered 5 of my 7 game cams were gone. They had been chained and locked to the trees, but a plastic housing doesn't defeat a pry bar. Very next day we found 4 of those 5, in the brush alongside my drive. Figured the crooks tossed them as they were running from the alarm, probably figured to come back and get them later? Thee were all Moultrie's, D-40's, I think, but maybe D-55's. Amazingly, one still had an SD card in it, and was powered up! Had a nice full frontal picture of the punk laying it down, with several other cameras under his other arm! Best game cam pic I've ever gotten, bar none. Boy should be in jail right now, the investigators were going to conference with the DA about charges yesterday before picking him up. Another funny thing, there were 400 pix of limbs blowing overhead as the camera lay on it' back for 2 days, but none of the kid pulling it off the tree, or coming to the point where he dumped it. He evidently turned it off and turned it back on, maybe playing with it?

Cant wait to see that one!
Hope they nail the piss out of them.

Joseph
Here's a few

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The whitetail in the middle pick is 2-1/2 years old. Me thinks he's gonna be a big-un.

So what's he looking like this year Blowtorch?
I'll try to see if I can get some pics from this year. I don't own the place but was lucky enough to get invited by the Owner to hunt there last year. These are his "pet" deer so I'm sure no one has shot them. This is the worst drought we have ever had down here but I don't think it would affect these deer. There is plenty of well produced water on this place.
I can't seem to top this one from a few years ago!! Probably never will...

[Linked Image]
i call this one 'the dancin bear ' bear weighed 420lbs when killed in the fall . he liked swingin my feeder.

[Linked Image]
Here's the deer in my middle picture one year older. I would have to clean my pantalones out if I saw him when I was hunting.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: lochsa Re: Favorite Deer Cam Photos - 07/29/11
these were taken this spring.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Favorite Deer Cam Photos - 07/30/11
Originally Posted by Blowtorch53
Here's the deer in my middle picture one year older. I would have to clean my pantalones out if I saw him when I was hunting.

What make of camera are you using? I like the info bar. It gives good info.
Posted By: rrroae Re: Favorite Deer Cam Photos - 07/31/11
Didn't know you had moose in Texas!!

Originally Posted by Blowtorch53

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: wadevb1 Re: Favorite Deer Cam Photos - 08/06/11
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by lochsa
these were taken this spring.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That is awesome. Wish someone with a rifle had been there. Any idea who won?
Posted By: hotdog Re: Favorite Deer Cam Photos - 08/07/11
Here are a few I have gotten in Eastern Ky.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: tzone Re: Favorite Deer Cam Photos - 08/07/11
Here are a couple from the back yard.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
my new favorites from last week. not bad for the carolinas...one of my buddies says that big one will go 140. i have no idea but sure would like to put a tape to him this fall. season opens sept 1 so there is chance to still catch them in the bachelor groups before their habits change.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Here's the very latest of the "Texas Moose". He would make for some dirty shorts if I saw him while I was hunting.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I thought he was Northern genetics but the guy told me he was pure South Texas.

pure sumthin... what's with the fence?

Probably keeps the hogs off the feeder.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Favorite Deer Cam Photos - 08/10/11
I would almost bet this is some kind of deer breeding operation, not your basic low fence ground.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Favorite Deer Cam Photos - 08/10/11
Originally Posted by RugerM77270
Probably keeps the hogs off the feeder.

Hogs can ruin a feeder, even if they don't destroy it, they'll run all the deer off... just like the damn goats on our lease... I have to fence all my feeders off too...
Not saying that's what this is but...

I have a couple friends that raise penned deer and thrive for massive antler growth on skinny little 120 lb white tail bucks.....

I don't get it personally.

Here's my analogy on the whole penned, ranch, fair chase thing.

looking at a pen raised buck to me is like looking at a new silicone breast implant on a stainless steel table. Just a clear bag of silicone laying on a stainless table... wow, a bag of man made stuff...

Next stage, high fence ranch deer that chow at antler growth supliment feeders and graze on food plots all day..

Well, the breast implant is now inside Joan Rivers right tit bag. (not a whole lot funner to look at)

Fair chase wild game white tailed buck.

Epic all natural rack on a late 20's baywatch type lifeguard.
(more better)

Posted By: Mr_Saw Re: Favorite Deer Cam Photos - 08/14/11
In no particular order...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg168/covertski/Trail%20cam/ICAM0007.jpg[/img]
The Texas Moose is a pet deer. The guy that owns the place raises them and does not shoot any of them. It's a small place compared to most Texas ranches and it's near Houston so I guess you could call it a breeding operation. The perimeter is high fenced but he doesn't allow hunting except for culling. I posted the pics because they are very interesting to me. It is truly amazing to me how big his headgear is for such a young deer. The fence you see in the background is low and it is just in the corner of a pasture where he put a feeder.

There are a lot of ranches down here that are high fenced and just deer harvesting operations. Most of them have a lot of exotics and none of the hunting, if you want to call it that, is fair chase. You can pay someone 5 or 10K and kill a buck like this on lots of places. I have been on some "company" hunts and shot some exotics like that. Not much fun and certainly no sport.

Where I hunt in South Texas there are no cattle or wild hogs because it is so dry and there is only brush. There is no cell phone service and no lights at night. The place is low fenced only to keep stray cattle out. That's the way hunting should be and I am greatful that I can go on a place like that.

Thank all you guys for posting some great pics.
Posted By: Redcanoe Re: Favorite Deer Cam Photos - 08/18/11
Can't wait for those frosty fall mornings to finally arrive!
[Linked Image]

Kevin
god that looks great! "crunch, crunch, crunch.."
Posted By: tzone Re: Favorite Deer Cam Photos - 08/18/11
What a great picture that is feeding the fire.
© 24hourcampfire