M
Here's some of mine from 2010:

What we try so hard to fool, I laugh every time I see this photo:
[Linked Image]

Genetic aberration, not a result of injury:
[Linked Image]

Wish I could do this with my hind leg:
[Linked Image]

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.
GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Uncle!!!!!

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
This one is from my back yard. There are spikes back there every year eating my fruit but we rarely see a bigger buck. I put the cameras out to see if something bigger came at night. So far, no. This ones cool though.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Marc; 07/19/11.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tom264
[Linked Image]

Only you Tom264, only you.

Monster Whitetails are Awesome!!!
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
C'mon man, I posted a humble few of mine. How about some of your own?

Last edited by Monkey_Joe; 07/20/11.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

Wood is Good.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

Wood is Good.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Monkey_Joe
C'mon man, I posted a humble few of mine. How about some of your own?

Can't bring myself to buy a camera....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Thats a big kitty.

Joseph

Joseph
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Understand. I was poking at the guy posting other's photos.

I held out until a few years ago on the camera deal and then popped for what was a last-year's closeout model that runs off D batteries and has an IR flash.
I have an absolute riot with the camera. It is real fun during rut - like the pic of the deformed antlered deer above is one of a sequence where he runs off a smaller guy - for all of about 30 seconds. My "yard" has an L shaped planting of pines that is about 125 yards long on each leg that becomes a huge scrape line with about every tree seeing some activity.

I see deer now that I never knew were around. Unfortunately that is not necessarily a good thing here - there are some horrible spikes around that just escape notice because of how skinny their antlers are. I knew they were here, just not how many.

I have a pic from last year of a "unicorn" buck - he has a regular set of small antlers and about a 6-8" spike right in the middle of his forehead. I'll have to dig that one up this weekend.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
[Linked Image]
big deer
[Linked Image]

big snake

long before Rodriguez stole that goat.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Monkey_Joe
Understand. I was poking at the guy posting other's photos.

I held out until a few years ago on the camera deal and then popped for what was a last-year's closeout model that runs off D batteries and has an IR flash.
I have an absolute riot with the camera. It is real fun during rut - like the pic of the deformed antlered deer above is one of a sequence where he runs off a smaller guy - for all of about 30 seconds. My "yard" has an L shaped planting of pines that is about 125 yards long on each leg that becomes a huge scrape line with about every tree seeing some activity.

I see deer now that I never knew were around. Unfortunately that is not necessarily a good thing here - there are some horrible spikes around that just escape notice because of how skinny their antlers are. I knew they were here, just not how many.

I have a pic from last year of a "unicorn" buck - he has a regular set of small antlers and about a 6-8" spike right in the middle of his forehead. I'll have to dig that one up this weekend.

Ain't the price... never has been..I'd spend 1000 on one if I wanted one... I"m afraid I'll see what I think I know is around, adn then waste the rest of my life looking for a deer thats probably nocturnal and or comes through once or twice a year..... odds are not good. I have things to do in life, I can't afford a wild deer chase too... grins....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
T
Ain't the price... never has been..I'd spend 1000 on one if I wanted one... I"m afraid I'll see what I think I know is around, adn then waste the rest of my life looking for a deer thats probably nocturnal and or comes through once or twice a year.....

Have them but this is very true, going to run mine before the season and then try to hang them up. Wasted way too much time chasing a fantasy deer the past few seasons

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
They can be golden. We've taken many good bucks with the use of them. That said, they do cause you to chase ghost once in a while. I chased a 5.5yo 8pt last season I had multiple pics of. You'd have thought he was a ghost until I finally had him at 32yds, but too much brush to get an arrow through. It's nice knowing they are there to me. I get dulled out after seeing no deer for many sits, but having pics of them makes me give it a bit more effort.

This little guy was on a small piece of property my family has hunted since deer were introduced to the area many decades ago. Despite all those years of hunting the area has only produced a couple deer over 120 for us. Even though I hunt much better areas for bigger deer, I keep going back to where I tagged along with Papaw and Daddy when I was a little buck. It would mean more to me to put a tag on this guy than a 180 anywhere else in the country:
[Linked Image]

Ya'll have a good one,

loder

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't have a deer cam, but the wife gets good pictures.
I titled this one as "I can't see."
[Linked Image]
She is asking for a trial cam now, as she'd like to know what comes through behind our house at night. That's a pretty cheap way for me to get through next Christmas.

1Minute
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
One of my favorites:
[Linked Image]

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
[Linked Image]

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

============================================================

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 66 invisible), 2,617 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,309
Posts18,505,531
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.