Home
Posted By: ringworm To the regular guy... - 11/28/11
Good job. Congrats.
I think that this sites continued focus on Mcmillan stocks and leupold optics, barnes bullets ect ect ect... in a small part discounts the rugular guy.
The guy who hunts with an off the shelf 700, or 110 or 336. the guy who chooses to spend his money on core-lokts and uses a $100 scope.
the guy sitting on a 5 gallon bucket or climbing 2x4's to get in his stand.
The guy who totes a 20' piece of yellow nylon rope and a uncle henrey folder in his Carharts.
This is just to let you know that your not alone. That just because the guys with $2000 dollar rifles and $5 a pice bullets may appear to be the norm, you are whats right about hunting.
Doing more with less.
Filling the freezer every year and once in a while taking a buck worthy of showing off.
And to all the hunters who remember what its like to sit on the back of Pa-pa's tailgate with that first deer and be proud to have used his rifle to take it.
You guys are what hunting is. Dont forget it.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ready Re: To the regular guy... - 11/28/11
Good post - just not sure, there is that sharp devine...

BTW TSX run about buck apiece.
i know what you mean i am guilty as hell of it my buddy always tells me that all my fancy rifles and nosler bullets dont kill no more dead that his old savage and tasco and rem core lockets or his 30/30 and winchester factory ammo

Posted By: Steelhead Re: To the regular guy... - 11/28/11
To the lads out there, please aspire to have more than a job at the 7-11 and being able to afford what you wish without going in debt.

I know Ringworm is likely up to his arse in debt buying that double wide but if he hadn't made all those bad choices in life he could do better than selling 32oz Cokes at 7-11.

I sure as hell hope a man that reaches his late 40's can afford a box of Barnes bullets.

Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: To the regular guy... - 11/28/11
He sure is puzzy hurt this morning..
Guessing if you had to get up at 4am for the $7 an hour job you would be too.

Sucks to be 'lucky'
Posted By: ingwe Re: To the regular guy... - 11/28/11
Well...give him some credit, hes saved enough to be shooting a .376 Steyr.....
He makes it easy to prove the statement about making bad choices, don't he...
Posted By: ringworm Re: To the regular guy... - 11/28/11
dont worry, baby...
Your special.
noone thinks your average or regular.
We ALL know you are a "true master" hunter.
why, a corelokt would probably melt in your fingers.
yawn.
yeah, your right. A double wide... 7-11. yep.
you got me nailed.
Thats why your posts (combined between the 2-3 screen names you use) are in the neighborhood of 10-12 a day. Your out there hunting.
Now if i could just pay off this trailer slinging slushies i'd try and buy me a yeller stock so i could be a master hunter too.
Posted By: JohnMoses Re: To the regular guy... - 11/28/11
Shot this buck when I was 9 using a Browning Auto 5 20 gauge. 2 slugs in the neckbone.
[Linked Image]

I don't own a custom rifle, but wouldn't mind having one someday.

Ringworm, why do you always try to make everything an "us against them affair?" If they hunt legally and have some morals about them, why should it matter what someone uses in the field?
JM: in all fairness ringworm posted this to the "regular" guy...

You are highly irregular.....shall we say.... whistle
Originally Posted by ingwe
JM: in all fairness ringworm posted this to the "regular" guy...

You are highly irregular.....shall we say.... whistle

LMAO!!

grin
You're just jealous because you aren't talented enough to kill deer with a shotgun.

....at 428 yds.
....offhand.
....with a 73 mph wind.
....with only the neck and head showing.

So I must not be a regular guy. Super human is a better word.

grin
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
You're just jealous because you aren't talented enough to kill deer with a shotgun.

....at 428 yds.
....offhand.
....with a 73 mph wind.
....with only the neck and head showing.

grin

Schitt...Ive done THAT with a revolver, whilst riding past at a full gallop on horseback...

Super Human.....laffin! laugh
P.S.

He was running too...
I figured that...mine was too.....
My little sister can kill one like that with a revovler...

and she doesn't have any arms...

big deal.
Posted By: kyle1974 Re: To the regular guy... - 11/28/11
why would I want to be regular?
Is there something wrong with trying to achieve more? I don't hunt with a $5000 rifle, but I hunt with people who do. They're still good people... just because they have more moeny than I do doesn't mean anything... other than they have more money and choose to spend it. big deal.

big deal.

So can mine, and shes blind....
Posted By: goalie Re: To the regular guy... - 11/28/11
Regardless of what gear you are hunting with, you'll never be happy if you worry about what everyone else is using for gear.

Never.

Posted By: SKane Re: To the regular guy... - 11/28/11
And, I never used to use email, the internet or a cell phone.

I salute the hunter that takes game ethically and has respect for the animal he/she is pursuing. That's it. Outside of that, taint for me to judge how they go about doing it. Different strokes.

[Linked Image]
I killed a grouse with an empty beer bottle for a club, back of the head. "klink!" Ninja skeelz.

And I caught a jackrabbit once, I snook up on him and tackled the sumbish... Of course that was a regretable handful, but I held on through the beating and squeeling and biting he dished out and I kilt him in the end.

And dats da troof.

You 2 jokers and your tall tales.

grin

posers, "da bote uv youse."

Posted By: tzone Re: To the regular guy... - 11/28/11

big deal.

Y'all got some wierd looking sisters. grin
Posted By: tzone Re: To the regular guy... - 11/28/11
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I killed a grouse with an empty beer bottle for a club, back of the head. "klink!" Ninja skeelz.

You're lucky. I haven't been able to find any beer drinking grouse yet. I'll keep lookin.
Good looking buck for the young man. I remember when Treebark camo was the thing to have.
Posted By: Berettaman Re: To the regular guy... - 11/28/11
In my experience, the "regular" guy that you describe is also out at the bar until closing time the night before the season, never had time to sight in his gun, and has a hard time finding his deer hunnin' coveralls opening morning. Then he complains about all those of us who take it seriously and are prepared.
Posted By: SKane Re: To the regular guy... - 11/28/11
Originally Posted by Berettaman
In my experience, the "regular" guy that you describe is also out at the bar until closing time the night before the season, never had time to sight in his gun, and has a hard time finding his deer hunnin' coveralls opening morning. Then he complains about all those of us who take it seriously and are prepared.

TFF. And, there's some truth in it too.
Originally Posted by ringworm
(combined between the 2-3 screen names you use)

Yeah, you tell 'im, cohiba...
Posted By: Tom264 Re: To the regular guy... - 11/28/11
I sense alot of jealousy from pinworm.....

big deal.

Mines headless and lost her legs when she fell asleep in the back of a garbage truck and got compacted...
Posted By: goalie Re: To the regular guy... - 11/28/11
Originally Posted by Berettaman

Oh yeah, you're from Minnesota alright.....

smile

(or Wisconsin)
Posted By: SteelyEyes Re: To the regular guy... - 11/30/11
Shot this buck when I was 9 using a Browning Auto 5 20 gauge. 2 slugs in the neckbone.
[Linked Image]

Ringworm, why do you always try to make everything an "us against them affair?" If they hunt legally and have some morals about them, why should it matter what someone uses in the field?

Simple, it's class envy. People with less money aren't any more humble, they just can't afford more expensive stuff. Not all people with more than two nickels to rub togeter are jerks. People can be so judgemental sometimes and usually it's about something they're not overly famliar with. Oh well. Continue the urination contest at will.
Posted By: Maarty Re: To the regular guy... - 11/30/11
I'm regular.... every morning half an hour after my first coffee and again half an hour before bed.... regular as clockwork and I manage it without needing bran or any other supplementary fiber.
Posted By: SteelyEyes Re: To the regular guy... - 11/30/11
Originally Posted by maarty
I'm regular.... every morning half an hour after my first coffee and again half an hour before bed.... regular as clockwork and I manage it without needing bran or any other supplementary fiber.

Yep, that's regular all right...:)
Posted By: Sportdog Re: To the regular guy... - 11/30/11
Originally Posted by ringworm
Good job. Congrats.
I think that this sites continued focus on Mcmillan stocks and leupold optics, barnes bullets ect ect ect... in a small part discounts the rugular guy.
The guy who hunts with an off the shelf 700, or 110 or 336. the guy who chooses to spend his money on core-lokts and uses a $100 scope.
the guy sitting on a 5 gallon bucket or climbing 2x4's to get in his stand.
The guy who totes a 20' piece of yellow nylon rope and a uncle henrey folder in his Carharts.
This is just to let you know that your not alone. That just because the guys with $2000 dollar rifles and $5 a pice bullets may appear to be the norm, you are whats right about hunting.
Doing more with less.
Filling the freezer every year and once in a while taking a buck worthy of showing off.
And to all the hunters who remember what its like to sit on the back of Pa-pa's tailgate with that first deer and be proud to have used his rifle to take it.
You guys are what hunting is. Dont forget it.
After reading this thread a couple of times I thought that I'd weigh in. In my area, the "regular guy" hunter is going away quickly. There is just too much money to be made in the hunting industry. Hunting takes money. Whether you buy your own land. lease it, or take road trips, cash is the name of the game. I'm not convinced that the expense of hunting is all bad either. The game animals are less pressured and the hunters are more serious about the sport. I'm far from rich but saved my nickels and managed to buy a small tract of hunting property close to home. I used to travel to hunt but the guys that I traveled with have quit hunting so it's mostly a solo gig for me. I don't have custom rifles, high end scopes, nor do I shoot expensive bullets but have zero problems with those who do. As long as a guy obeys the game laws, shows some respect for the animals and other hunters, and just behaves in a civil manner, it makes no difference to me whether he is carrying a 4000 dollar custom rifle, shooting Barnes bullets with a Zeiss scope or he is using a 200 dollar shotgun, shooting Remington rifled slugs, and no scope. There are rich people that are nice and rich people who are jerks, There are poor people that are nice and poor people who are jerks. That's just the way it is.
Posted By: eyeball Re: To the regular guy... - 12/01/11
[Linked Image]

When I was 9 an auto-5 or model 12 was the mark of the richest of folks who could hunt with kings and a dream that propelled me to skipping Dutch dates and certain nookie (later) to study for work that would bring those luxuries.
I didn't even dream the law would allow a mere kid to touch a gun like that. PS. John, where were you aiming with that shotgun? I would have aimed for the bull's- eye, and you know where that is. shocked grin
Posted By: Winnie Re: To the regular guy... - 12/01/11
[Linked Image]

Yeah but you wore a ugly ass hat.

I bet the deer was laughing to hard and you shot him up close. grin
P.S.

He was running too...
He'll of a shot there John, and the second one was certainly a miraculous shot. How did you manage to hit that broken neck buck in the neck again as he bit the dirt? grin My old man would have wanted to know why I wasted the second shot, but I will say you did great shooting for a 9 year old.
Ringworm, I've been where that happy kid is, and I would give up all my trophies to be able to go back there again. when I was a real sick kid with asthma, I used to pray I wouldn't die before I killed a deer.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: To the regular guy... - 12/03/11
You tell me one other screen name, jackass. Might have used another name with yo sis, but for sound reason.
Posted By: LDHunter Re: To the regular guy... - 12/03/11
The fur's fixin' to fly... LOL

Y'all need to take your pi$$ing match to email.

I'm one of those guys who used to hunt with a box stock military rifle and my blue jeans and black T-Shirts because that was what I could afford. I hitched a ride with friends and ate beans cold from the can.

Now I have a couple of custom rifles and a nice 4WD pickup and several other toys but I'm still the same hunter and I still love to be out in the woods and the chance to collect a buck now and then.

The difference escapes me and most of my friends.

I think the only ones who really notice how someone is dressed, what kind of rifle he carries, what he drives, etc. are those that measure themselves against other people and that inevitably leads to unhappiness.

Nuff' said....

$bob$
© 24hourcampfire