-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And, I never used to use email, the internet or a cell phone.

I salute the hunter that takes game ethically and has respect for the animal he/she is pursuing. That's it. Outside of that, taint for me to judge how they go about doing it. Different strokes.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I killed a grouse with an empty beer bottle for a club, back of the head. "klink!" Ninja skeelz.

And I caught a jackrabbit once, I snook up on him and tackled the sumbish... Of course that was a regretable handful, but I held on through the beating and squeeling and biting he dished out and I kilt him in the end.

And dats da troof.

You 2 jokers and your tall tales.

grin

posers, "da bote uv youse."

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
My little sister can kill one like that with a revovler...

and she doesn't have any arms...

big deal.

So can mine, and shes blind....

Y'all got some wierd looking sisters. grin

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I killed a grouse with an empty beer bottle for a club, back of the head. "klink!" Ninja skeelz.

You're lucky. I haven't been able to find any beer drinking grouse yet. I'll keep lookin.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Good looking buck for the young man. I remember when Treebark camo was the thing to have.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
In my experience, the "regular" guy that you describe is also out at the bar until closing time the night before the season, never had time to sight in his gun, and has a hard time finding his deer hunnin' coveralls opening morning. Then he complains about all those of us who take it seriously and are prepared.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Berettaman
In my experience, the "regular" guy that you describe is also out at the bar until closing time the night before the season, never had time to sight in his gun, and has a hard time finding his deer hunnin' coveralls opening morning. Then he complains about all those of us who take it seriously and are prepared.

TFF. And, there's some truth in it too.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ringworm
(combined between the 2-3 screen names you use)

Yeah, you tell 'im, cohiba...

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I sense alot of jealousy from pinworm.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
My little sister can kill one like that with a revovler...

and she doesn't have any arms...

big deal.

So can mine, and shes blind....

Mines headless and lost her legs when she fell asleep in the back of a garbage truck and got compacted...

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Berettaman

Oh yeah, you're from Minnesota alright.....

smile

(or Wisconsin)

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Shot this buck when I was 9 using a Browning Auto 5 20 gauge. 2 slugs in the neckbone.
[Linked Image]

I don't own a custom rifle, but wouldn't mind having one someday.

Ringworm, why do you always try to make everything an "us against them affair?" If they hunt legally and have some morals about them, why should it matter what someone uses in the field?

Simple, it's class envy. People with less money aren't any more humble, they just can't afford more expensive stuff. Not all people with more than two nickels to rub togeter are jerks. People can be so judgemental sometimes and usually it's about something they're not overly famliar with. Oh well. Continue the urination contest at will.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm regular.... every morning half an hour after my first coffee and again half an hour before bed.... regular as clockwork and I manage it without needing bran or any other supplementary fiber.

The original international turd
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by maarty
I'm regular.... every morning half an hour after my first coffee and again half an hour before bed.... regular as clockwork and I manage it without needing bran or any other supplementary fiber.

Yep, that's regular all right...:)

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by ringworm
Good job. Congrats.
I think that this sites continued focus on Mcmillan stocks and leupold optics, barnes bullets ect ect ect... in a small part discounts the rugular guy.
The guy who hunts with an off the shelf 700, or 110 or 336. the guy who chooses to spend his money on core-lokts and uses a $100 scope.
the guy sitting on a 5 gallon bucket or climbing 2x4's to get in his stand.
The guy who totes a 20' piece of yellow nylon rope and a uncle henrey folder in his Carharts.
This is just to let you know that your not alone. That just because the guys with $2000 dollar rifles and $5 a pice bullets may appear to be the norm, you are whats right about hunting.
Doing more with less.
Filling the freezer every year and once in a while taking a buck worthy of showing off.
And to all the hunters who remember what its like to sit on the back of Pa-pa's tailgate with that first deer and be proud to have used his rifle to take it.
You guys are what hunting is. Dont forget it.
After reading this thread a couple of times I thought that I'd weigh in. In my area, the "regular guy" hunter is going away quickly. There is just too much money to be made in the hunting industry. Hunting takes money. Whether you buy your own land. lease it, or take road trips, cash is the name of the game. I'm not convinced that the expense of hunting is all bad either. The game animals are less pressured and the hunters are more serious about the sport. I'm far from rich but saved my nickels and managed to buy a small tract of hunting property close to home. I used to travel to hunt but the guys that I traveled with have quit hunting so it's mostly a solo gig for me. I don't have custom rifles, high end scopes, nor do I shoot expensive bullets but have zero problems with those who do. As long as a guy obeys the game laws, shows some respect for the animals and other hunters, and just behaves in a civil manner, it makes no difference to me whether he is carrying a 4000 dollar custom rifle, shooting Barnes bullets with a Zeiss scope or he is using a 200 dollar shotgun, shooting Remington rifled slugs, and no scope. There are rich people that are nice and rich people who are jerks, There are poor people that are nice and poor people who are jerks. That's just the way it is.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Shot this buck when I was 9 using a Browning Auto 5 20 gauge. 2 slugs in the neckbone.
[Linked Image]

Ringworm, why do you always try to make everything an "us against them affair?" If they hunt legally and have some morals about them, why should it matter what someone uses in the field?
When I was 9 an auto-5 or model 12 was the mark of the richest of folks who could hunt with kings and a dream that propelled me to skipping Dutch dates and certain nookie (later) to study for work that would bring those luxuries.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I didn't even dream the law would allow a mere kid to touch a gun like that. PS. John, where were you aiming with that shotgun? I would have aimed for the bull's- eye, and you know where that is. shocked grin

Last edited by eyeball; 11/30/11.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

Yeah but you wore a ugly ass hat.

I bet the deer was laughing to hard and you shot him up close. grin

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
P.S.

He was running too...
He'll of a shot there John, and the second one was certainly a miraculous shot. How did you manage to hit that broken neck buck in the neck again as he bit the dirt? grin My old man would have wanted to know why I wasted the second shot, but I will say you did great shooting for a 9 year old.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Ringworm, I've been where that happy kid is, and I would give up all my trophies to be able to go back there again. when I was a real sick kid with asthma, I used to pray I wouldn't die before I killed a deer.

Last edited by eyeball; 11/30/11.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1minute, 264magnum, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 160user, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 2,344 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,538
Posts18,491,436
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.