Home
The Official Dink-a-thon thread has vanished! shocked

Therefore the presiding judge, having just got back from an Uber-Dink hunt has decided to restart the thing and name himself...at least for the time being, as the WINNER! laugh

Eat your hearts out!

[Linked Image]

.223AI 55 gr TTSX behind the shoulder. deer went 25 yards. Lazered 231 yards for the uber-shot! cool
Good Lord, why did you go all Boom & Crockery on us?

That thing is a hoss....
We figured from watching Bubbavision one of the problems we have is that we don't name our deer.

That one is called " The Big Two" grin
Killed it with a 223ai.....Stunt Shooter!!
If we name them, than it has style?

I'm not good at this, can I simply capitalize what I call them and make that a name?

Like, "MF'erEatingTheGrapes" or "BigF'nNannyintheBack."
We figure he will score about 17 net B&C...nice and symmetrical....
Originally Posted by RWE
If we name them, than it has style?

I'm not good at this, can I simply capitalize what I call them and make that a name?

Like, "MF'erEatingTheGrapes" or "BigF'nNannyintheBack."

No, you have to name them, do high fives and fist pumps when you shoot them, and praise Jesus for the gift you have been given. You also must wear a full sized backpack, even if you are in an blind....
I win...see those two nubs in front of the ears? They didn't even break the skin.

[Linked Image]

Attached picture dink.jpg
The judge will need a close-up for verification......

And a fifth of Blantons.......unless you live in Texas, then Rebecca Creek will grease the wheels to a 'win' grin
FOUL!

Jr's deer has no legs.

Can we consider that fair chase? Thing couldn't move with no legs!
You got a point there!

No legs gets a penalty....2 fifths of Rebecca Creek.
I promise it had legs at some point.

[Linked Image]
Still don't see but two legs.
Still can't see the head....

The Dink-a-thon is hallowed ground...this is no place for tomfoolery or chicanery...

The Poobah Has Spoken.
do mine eyes deceive me?

What caliber was that beast slain with?
.223AI.....55 gr TTSX 231 yards.

Chip shot grin
jr's deer.

It looks like a long action cartridge that is bigger than a 26 caliber bullet...

Figured you were stunt shooting. is there any other way?
Oh, sorry...I thought it was all about me.

I gotta quit hanging with Deflave....
Nice pronghorn.
Yeah, but his cutters were weak....
What is this an election? Trying to get me DQ'd on a technicality? wink

I did shoot it with a 7x57
(+10mm and a belt)
Style points for the 7x57...but the lack of a close up of the rack is kinda like a dead democrats vote counting....
And in Japan we would call it an 'Erection'....
Originally Posted by jryoung

I did shoot it with a 7x57 (+10mm and a belt)

whoa, Mr. fine print.
If he could prove he killed it with a belt that would open up a whole new category.
The worst part about it was I meant to get the picks in the field as I literally said to myself I had just won the dink-a-thon. But, my buddy started frantically waiving me over to him as he had a deer bedded on a hill but couldn't ID it as a whitey and shooting light was almost gone.

A certain victory slipped through your hands! shocked
Originally Posted by ingwe

Therefore the presiding judge, having just got back from an Uber-Dink hunt has decided to restart the thing and name himself...at least for the time being, as the WINNER! laugh

Eat your hearts out!

[Linked Image]

.223AI 55 gr TTSX behind the shoulder. deer went 25 yards. Lazered 231 yards for the uber-shot! cool

I've seen the same pic with a Burris scope a few years ago laugh
All entries into the dink-a-thon must submit their official boone and cricket score, for fair and balanced judging.
Are dependants of Campfire members eligible to enter the Dink-A-Thon?

If so, my boy-cub's buck has a chance. He even kilt it with a .223. cool
Yes. Absolutely.
Couple more days until the season opens here and then I'm in.

I've been watching a couple of fat little dinks hoovering up white oak acorns in the back pasture in the evenings.

Eat up bishes,Eat up.... smirk
Originally Posted by RWE
FOUL!

Jr's deer has no legs.

Can we consider that fair chase? Thing couldn't move with no legs!

Disqualification! Disqualification!

Come on guys. No way we can let the judge win the Dinkathon with that monster.
I'm still in the lead...... grin
This is my 8 year old stunt-shooter. Ruger Compact .223, 60 grain Partition over H4895. wink

[Linked Image]

Velvet covered 3pt dink.

[Linked Image]
We have a new leader!!! laugh
Originally Posted by RWE
Good Lord, why did you go all Boom & Crockery on us?

That thing is a hoss....

grin

Are you trying to tell the pobah he has a record size dink? shocked
First time he's heard that.
Outstanding bruinruin! Congrats to him, It's gonna' be tough for anyone to beat that entry. smile

Owned!

[Linked Image]
BASTID! cry

I don't mind relinquishing the lead to bruin ruins son...but it really hurts to give it to you!

It would help immensely if I knew you used your plastikka....
That is the plastikka.

Synthetic and BLUED for extra points.
Deduct for blued actually...

But Plastikka helps enormously, if for no other reason than Shrap hates it grin
Here is one with taken by one of boys with a Savage 340 in 30-30.
Total length combined is 6.25". cool

[Linked Image]
Looks like we have a new leader!!! laugh
Short of being all white, that'll be tough to beat.
I dunno...a proper bribe to the judge would grease the wheels of victory.... whistle
[Linked Image]

I still have west river and archery season to get one smaller
you lose dink points for gratuitous antlerage posting.
Yeah...thats really over the top.....
Dammit!

Ima going out and shooting something with milk on it's lips.
Make sure its got knobs, because I got dq'd for shooting that doe the neighbors were bottle feeding with a sippy cup.
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
[Linked Image]

I still have west river and archery season to get one smaller

You are suspended from next years contest as well.
A reminder to those who haven't entered yet. Theres still plenty of time to buy Blantons and forward to the judge...
FTS!
[Linked Image]

I'm in.
That one is mighty big, and you get extra style points for the proper muzzle loader...

This is gonna cost a schittload in bribes! laugh
There were almost 5 score-able points grin

He will be converted to sausage shortly wink
He's too good to make sausage out of! cry

Cut mine up yesterday ( two scorable main beams...) and the meat looks scrumptious! Gonna be some steaks!
I've got the rest of the month with cooler weather to add to the freezer, hoping for some doe meat wink
I might go shoot a doe too...havent decided yet...
Looks like Im out �got some medical issues going on. Good luck all!
Damn! And you won the first year too!
I'm not above knee capping someone to win.
I hope you aren't thinking of persuading the judge with violence or intent to do harm. That would be non-pc and inappropriate.

That said, if you want to kneecap MagMarc...I'll give you his address.

Honey ( in my case bourbon) is what catches this fly....
Did you clip the face out of the photo deliberately or was that just the heat of battle? That should earn a few style points!
I hope you aren't thinking of persuading the judge with violence or intent to do harm. That would be non-pc and inappropriate.

That said, if you want to kneecap MagMarc...I'll give you his address.

Honey ( in my case bourbon) is what catches this fly....

I'm canceling my bribe
Wait a minute...dont be hasty!

That home made apple butter and Va. Country ham worked very well in the place of bourbon, I must say....

Blew my chance today had a doe and a couple of contenders come by. I really didn't want either of them and figured they needed their mamma more than I did. My friends each got a doe and one of them was also a contender but no entries. Had a nice day though the erosion is getting really bad where we hunt as the hills just keep getting steeper.
Noticed the same thing here. Musta been a shift in the tectonic plates, mountains are not only steeper, but higher than they used to be.

On the good news side though, the deer are heavier than they used to be too.

You really notice it dragging them out.Much more than before.
Noticed the same thing here. Musta been a shift in the tectonic plates, mountains are not only steeper, but higher than they used to be.

Thanks for the information ingwe! I had thought this was just a geographic anomaly in my area. Just started in the last few years too.

That's so true, seriously though I have to say even after all these years of being around deer I am always surprised by their weight. They never weigh what I would expect. Take the doe my friend shot yesterday she was nice and fat and her trunk length and girth was easily the size of a St Bernard we use to have. The dog weighed about 168 lbs but this doe I guessing would probably weigh in at 120 lbs or less. The dink was noticeably longer and more pot bellied than my old lab but I'm Guessing the deer would weigh in the 60 lb range my chubby lab weighed 78 lbs. maybe it's bone density or just pure muscle but deer are always weigh in surprisingly light

Eat your hearts out!

[Linked Image]

What a monster, check this fetus out. There was still afterbirth clinging to him...

[Linked Image]
Damn your hide!

You've bested me again! cry

You will need to show proof ( or bribe with something 80 proof) that your deer was killed in the 2014 season.

Its not that I don't trust you......I just don't want you to win... grin
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Dammit!

Ima going out and shooting something with milk on it's lips.

Time for me to put away the cookies. eek
Why isn't this veal thread in the small game area?

Ella

(+10mm and a belt)

The 7x57 is so weak you tried to finish it with a 10mm and then had to beat it to death with a belt?

Jesus man, that's brutal.

Originally Posted by MadMooner

(+10mm and a belt)

The 7x57 is so weak you tried to finish it with a 10mm and then had to beat it to death with a belt?

Jesus man, that's brutal.

Could have been worse, could have shot it with a .270 first! Might still be tracking it, little blood loss with a self healing exit wound. laugh
We are getting about an inch of snow per hour today which makes it difficult to judge a dink from a doe especially when they are running to get away from the 35 Whelen.
Have you ever chased a doe through a foot of fresh snow while holding a tape measure up to her bald head?
Jeesh!
My son may have shot a contender.
I am holding my breath.
whelennut
I respectfully submit the family entries. The first is a dink, not a contender, but her first deer ever and a fine shot with a beautiful smile. We went from that beautiful, mild weather two days ago to the pictures from today. I expect consideration points for A) Killing him in the blizzard B) Using a single-shot pistol to circumvent idiotic slug zone in Minnesota and my dark horse trump card C) Driving back to town through the blizzard to pick up my 9 year old daughter who wanted to "help you find him dad!" Her beaming smile gets something, right? They're both too young to buy you any Blanton's!!!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
EXCELLENT! laugh

Yeah, your daughter's deer is too big, but she's too young to buy Blantons and bribe the judge, so we can give her some deduct points! grin

Son's deer is a contender wink

Yours doesn't stand a chance....cause the judge will pick either one of theirs first! laugh
But Daddy can bribe in her name...I mean, that is an option, isn't it?

A bribe be a bribe.
He's all talk, Vic.

Last year I thought I'd made the ultimate bribe offer, to get my son's dink past your white goat.

Bribes don't work.

I offered to let my Son date Ingwe's stepdaughter & was bombarded with a pile of expletives !
Well...the white dink was such a shoe in that anyone would have been able to see through my chicanery had anyone else won.

I don't remember the step daughter thing...I should have just referred your son to the mean one.....
Originally Posted by RWE
Short of being all white, that'll be tough to beat.

Love seeing the hard-fought competition unfold.......
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
But Daddy can bribe in her name...I mean, that is an option, isn't it?

A bribe be a bribe.

I agree.
EXCELLENT! laugh

Yeah, your daughter's deer is too big, but she's too young to buy Blantons and bribe the judge, so we can give her some deduct points! grin

Yours doesn't stand a chance....cause the judge will pick either one of theirs first! laugh
EXCELLENT! laugh

ingwe - I don't have a son. Both of those kids are my daughters. smile. The one in the snow is the same deer as my pic with the pistol. The younger daughter can't hunt until next year, she just wanted to help me get him. smile
Okay...your daughter gets extra points deducted from the score of her giant because the judge made an error in....judgement. blush

This puts her soooo much closer to a win...you are still out in the cold though!
Darn! My butchering process is MUCH slower this year! Both girls want to help, so we started with quartering out last night and taking the heads off. We discovered that the bigger of the two bucks is actually a 5x4 - it has a weird little point coming out of each base, straight forward. Almost buried in fur, but still an inch long. Now I have to wait for them to get home from school to get them started on boning out shoulders... I know this will eventually speed the butchering in future years, but I have to make the time investment now, which is driving me nuts... smile
It will pay off in big dividends...
ingwe - I don't have a son. Both of those kids are my daughters.

His judgement may have been temporarily off due to......imbribing...

As long as he doesn't think I'm pretty......that will key us in on the fact that the bribing has gone too far...or he needs a later cut from the still, let the methanol run off first.
Can we get a picture of the uber-dink, the epitome of the competition, the never-will-be-topped piebald dinkystein from last year? Or would that depress the Poobah?
Sure.

As it came in. I watched it for quite a while, thinking it was a doe. After I looked with the binocs, I saw it it was a button buck. Actually, I saw it as a smaller bottle of Blanton's, thinking the bribe factor in this one wasn't so important. To save money, I just poured some out of the big bottle I had bought. (hiccup)

[Linked Image]

After quick application of 300 grain WFN via .44 Mag.

[Linked Image]

I did shoot another dink to bring myself back to reality, and to keep my humility and humbleness, well, at least until Saturday, when the season opens again.

[Linked Image]
Is that a piebald or an albino? Against the law to kill an albino here.

No flame on you, just wondering. I have seen exactly 1 piebald deer. It was a doe standing on side of the road 1/4 mile from the camp. Never saw that deer during hunting season.

Clyde
Against the law?
Don't your coon-azz legislators have any better way to spend tax dollars...
Glad to see that y'all are putting some dinks in the freezer!

Grim season here so far. I've watched deer every evening all year including the day before the season opened.

Haven't seen a bit of deer hair since. Fargin' Bastages.
Originally Posted by selmer

[Linked Image]

Look at the mass on that dink! THAT is a CLEAR violation of dinkcode 27-14, subsection 14-3, paragraph dd 17.

"No dink shall be entered as to resemble a dink at first glance, but when further scrutiny reveals a monster dink, applicant shall be immediately and unequivocally disqualified from said competition forthwith and post haste".

I think the offender should be made to drink Hamms beer until next season as well.
I can't drink real beer any more. I'm already sentenced to drinking NA beer for the rest of my life... Neurological disease that manifests as ataxia, aka, drunk. Confusing if I'm inebriated or having a myasthenic attack could result in not living until next season. It's not worth it. So be happy that I'm being punished adequately for my iniquities...
I was told I should enter my hunting buddy's daughter's first deer that she got last weekend. It isn't the smallest deer around, but the antlers are, well, diminutive...

[Linked Image]

Here is her with the deer. She is 13 years old and 5'10":

[Linked Image]
Holy cats! I think that's the biggest button buck I've ever seen! My congratulations to the huntress.
It was an Albino.

Then it was stew.

Some steaks.

A little burger.
WOW! Thats a contender for sure!
I shot a Clydesdale dink.
He had a 3 pt rack.
What is an appropriate bribe?
Do I get points for using a 250 gr. SPEER in the 35 Whelen?
Whelennut
Yes. Absolutely.

Wait a minute I tried this a couple years ago and you told me there was some rule about the kid being taller than his rifle is long. I knew something was awry... shocked
Originally Posted by whelennut
I shot a Clydesdale dink.
He had a 3 pt rack.
What is an appropriate bribe?
Do I get points for using a 250 gr. SPEER in the 35 Whelen?
Whelennut

A Clydesdale dink? Three points? With a Whelen?

I think you are trying to undermine the sanctity of this entire contest.

We apparently need to define 'dink'.....

sheesh....
Originally Posted by LBP
Yes. Absolutely.

Wait a minute I tried this a couple years ago and you told me there was some rule about the kid being taller than his rifle is long. I knew something was awry... shocked

This falls under the heading of "Judges Discretion"...

Think of a Holier Than Thou Moderator on another site, and you'll get the picture...... whistle
I see, but "Judges Discretion" can be swayed... wink
Are there separate categories for blue tape over the muzzle?
The dinkstress.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by LBP
I see, but "Judges Discretion" can be swayed... wink

No.

He can be bribed. He does the swaying afterwards....
Originally Posted by Verwoest_P_A
The dinkstress.
[Linked Image]

I like this one best so far!

She is a LOT better looking than the rest of you guys! laugh

We need to make a new category: Antelope Does shot with an AR by attractive people!
We need to make a new category: Antelope Does shot with an AR by attractive people!

Would that be too *broad* of a category??
The dinkstress.
[Linked Image]

What about mule deer does shot by 8 month pregnant wives with an AR?
[Linked Image]
Very photogenic!
No more pictures of guys from now on.

[Linked Image]

We will have to call that the DDD category. grin

( Double does down)
The dinkstress.
[Linked Image]

Careful. I can tell that the prevert judge is weighing his bribery options.

The offenses and penalties prescribed in U.S. Code � 201 are separate from and in addition to those prescribed in sections 1503, 1504, and 1505 of this title.

[Linked Image]
I've been watching with a strange mixture of lust, envy, and revulsion as these Dinkathons have evolved over the years. It kind of reminds me when I got invited to a co-worker's fetish party without really understanding the nature of the invite. Truth is, I've not had an entry to give you until now. Over the past decade or so, I've been pretty lucky holding out for a decent set of antlers.

Last night, I had a bit of an . . . oops. Against the freshly mowed grass this fellow had a hard time making his antlers stand out. I thought he was a doe, honest!

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...ADwE/RnFI_wfkMAo/s720/IMG_9055.JPG?gl=US[/img]
I measured the "rack;" it was a solid 5 inches. If I'd known my search for The Big One would have ended this way, I should have shot the 1 1/2 inch spike I saw Monday. That might have made me a real contender.

That is a Booner Dink, to say that is to say 'Jumbo Shrimp'.

I would think the judge to disqualify this entry solely based on the uber dorkiness of the hat used in the taking of this Dink 'entry'.

Edited to add pic of Shaman Dink:
[Linked Image]
That hat is Uber. The problem is I was on my way to falling over and the hat was coming off. The camera malfunctioned after that, and this was the best SuperCore was able to get.

Here's a pic from last year with the hat properly sit-i-tated.
[img:left]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-...ADNA/zBHWI9cbqt4/s800/IMG_8415.JPG?gl=US[/img]
Well, you're right about this years deer being the only viable entry. Those two in the other pic are wayyyyy too big!

Style points for the hat.
So is there a jailbait category? We went out last weekend to fill some whitetail doe tags on a friend's land, and of course wanted non-dink does. By 4:30 in the afternoon Eileen had seen several, but wasn't sure any was big enough until a doe came by with a buck right behind her. When the doe stopped, appearing to say "Take me, big boy!," Eileen shot.

It turned out to field-dress a little less than the average Montana doe, like about half as much. Any credit there?

I shot a B&C doe, as I do every year.
The dinkstress.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ok the first pic is really cool, but man the second pic is Uber Cool!!! Uber style points for the Aviators... cool
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
When the doe stopped, appearing to say "Take me, big boy!," Eileen shot.

I can't believe she elected to rob a man of his fun.......

There is no dink doe category, except of course the newly established antelope doe category...cause they gots horns.... grin
I think shaman is onto something with the hat and dink buck. He should be in it. I like it. I like it ALOT!

I got serious today on dink killin. I even used a 270 with Sierra GKs wink
[Linked Image]

The money shot
[Linked Image]
I think you intentionally broke off that little horn....

That'll take extra bribery.....
No I did not, but would have to made him a winner wink
Originally Posted by MagMarc
[Linked Image]

The money shot
[Linked Image]

Now that is a real contender for Top Dink.

I think extra bonus style points should be awarded for using a Sierra bullet in a Model 70 Featherweight in .270.

The only thing that would make it better would be if the Featherweight was originally a hoary old 7x57 Mauser that had been rebarreled to the vastly superior .270.....GRIN....
You two should both know by now, and have no doubts about this...

There are severe deduct points for using a .270
The 270 is Uber cool

You should build one grin
Taunting the judge will also get you deduct points..........
Originally Posted by 1Deernut

I would think the judge to disqualify this entry solely based on the uber dorkiness of the hat used in the taking of this Dink 'entry'.

[Linked Image]

Holeeee-Schitt what a noggin'!!! (The hunter, not the dink......)
Ease your way in with the current Deuce build, change it to a 6.8
I actually thought about that........but underneath the metrics...its gay.
Once you start thinking .277 it won't be long whistle
You two should both know by now, and have no doubts about this...

There are severe deduct points for using a .270

What if the .270 is made in Germany?

Surely, that would trump a 7x57.
No help if it is made in Germany...it just degrades my opinion of German Gunmakers.
No help if it is made in Germany...it just degrades my opinion of German Gunmakers.

Even the Germans have come to realize that the .270 is superior to the Hoary Ol'Mauser.

You need to accept the obsolescence of the 7x57 and move forward with the rest of the Enlightened Ones and know shooting bliss.
HBB...you've forced me to use this...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

What are you doing with Marc's picture?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

laugh !!!!!!!
Theres just no reasoning with some people. Usually .270 shooters.....

Well, at least they've seen fit to "come out".
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
[Linked Image]

The money shot
[Linked Image]

Now that is a real contender for Top Dink.

I think extra bonus style points should be awarded for using a Sierra bullet in a Model 70 Featherweight in .270.

The only thing that would make it better would be if the Featherweight was originally a hoary old 7x57 Mauser that had been rebarreled to the vastly superior .270.....GRIN....

WINNER, WINNER!

Awesome dinkness and killed with the most uber rifle and caliber in the WORLD!
[Linked Image]
The 270 appreciates your recognition of Uber wink
Next Year: We will have a Dink-a-thon

and,

We will have a Gay Dink-a-thon for .270 shooters.

And I wont be the judge of the second one. God only knows what you people use for bribes... eek
[Linked Image]

Just quit fightin it and come on over to the Dark Side.
Cum on dudes, a .270?
[Linked Image]

I would, but they don't make these jumpsuits in my size...

[Linked Image]
LOL!

whiskey hurts coming out your nose!
Im gonna go pour some down my throat...I can't cope with a world of ever-increasing .270 users....
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Stay the course. I am sure you could find one in your size somewhere. After all you do live in the San Francisco of the Rockies.
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Cum on dudes, a .270?
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Stay the course. I am sure you could find one in your size somewhere. After all you do live in the San Francisco of the Rockies.

Damn, Ingwe moved to Boulder?????
[\quote]

Damn, Ingwe moved to Boulder????? [/quote]

San Francisco, Boulder, Bozeman, Helena, Missoula =

Same/Same.
Coupla .27's in the stable now. Not feeling any tingling yet...
Ingwe,

My cousin's son shot the KING OF THE DINKS this morning, I am submitting it for your approval.

[Linked Image]

I could of killed this one this morning

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by barm
Ingwe,

My cousin's son shot the KING OF THE DINKS this morning, I am submitting it for your approval.

[Linked Image]

This is EXCELLENT!!!

The kids are beating us old experienced guys!

Get with the program you wankers!
Cousin's son could take the lead if the reputable member, in good standing with our esteemed judge, can solidify the details of the kid's choice of dispatch....

....I mean, he doesn't look like a 270 kid. He looks like a 308 or a 243 kid.
Post a pic!

I don't care what the kid shot it with.

I only care what the adults, who should know better, shoot.
I was speaking about the young fella from barm's post. Very impressive.
Oh yeah...that kid is a CONTENDER!!
I'm pullin for that entry. Let's hope some guy with a bottle of Fireball Whisky and a pic of an albino button buck doesn't come along.... whistle
Fireball whiskey is not going to work on this judge.

Just an FYI for future reference... whistle
Originally Posted by Micro_Groove
Cousin's son could take the lead if the reputable member, in good standing with our esteemed judge, can solidify the details of the kid's choice of dispatch....

....I mean, he doesn't look like a 270 kid. He looks like a 308 or a 243 kid.

The dink was taken with a Marlin X7 chambered in 243 Winchester shooting Hornady 95 grain SST's. Thank heavens it was not a 270, it surely would have soured his standing in the Dink-a-thon.
Nope! Look at that kids face! Nothing could sour him, or his standings... grin
Yeah,

Extra points too, for using a projectile that is not supposed to be able to kill deer !!

grin
Yeah, with a .243 he is well on his way to being a stunt shooter!

Had he used a .270 again I say it would not have affected his standings in the contest. He would need to receive a good beating, but his standings would be secure...
I was referring to the SST !

.243 is a great deer CALIBER.
Yeah, with a .243 he is well on his way to being a stunt shooter!

Had he used a .270 again I say it would not have affected his standings in the contest. He would need to receive a good beating, but his standings would be secure...

His Dad has been known to reach for a .270 while hunting deer. I will keep this young man on the straight and narrow and not allow a .270 in his hands. BTW his older brother is a stunt shooter too, by using his very own 243.
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

The SST is a risk for sure.

And apparently replying to a post without reading it carefully, or finishing my morning coffee is a risk too... eek
smile
Heres a bump for those stalwart souls, out fighting the elements for freezer pleasers!
Possible Record Book Dink Down.

I'm giving it the obligatory one week drying period before I score it, but it looks like a sub 1" gross buck.

I'd like to thank Jesus for the opportunity, it's really a dream come true. It took years to draw the tag and I couldn't be more pleased.

Uber for sure.
Possible Record Book Dink Down.

I'm giving it the obligatory one week drying period before I score it, but it looks like a sub 1" gross buck.

I'd like to thank Jesus for the opportunity, it's really a dream come true. It took years to draw the tag and I couldn't be more pleased.

Uber for sure.

Go ahead and post the pic. I'm sure the drying time will take the score from .98" to .975". You can bribe the corrupt judge with a kickback of his choice and be no worse for the wear.
yeah, moon unit, lets see this bruiser...

The SST is a risk for sure.

And apparently replying to a post without reading it carefully, or finishing my morning coffee is a risk too... eek

Passing 'gas' at your age is a risk too.
THE Hero shot.

[Linked Image]

In negotiation with Dink Monthly for the cover shot, so none of you hillbillies better try and steal the pic.

Had his balls dropped......
and by dropped I mean,
Oh, nevermind.

Trophy dink.
Nice.
My balls hang low, and by low,I mean plowing a furrow.

For you East Coasters, that there is a trophy mule deer dink. It's like a Chinese girl with green eyes or leather bucket seats.

With all of the emphasis on trophy bucks these days, it warms my heart to see the dink celebration we have here grin
MM,

You need to trim the hair back in order to show that bone to the judge.

Wait... That didn't sound right. NO 270 REMARKS.
THE Hero shot.

[Linked Image]

In negotiation with Dink Monthly for the cover shot, so none of you hillbillies better try and steal the pic.

Dude...thats impressive! Many congrats on a deer you can carry out and don't have to drag. grin

A contender for sure. Forget about trimming the hair back to show me the boned though... eek
No worries Poobs.....No shag carpet here, I keep the hardwood waxed.

I will now accept concession speeches.
But wait...

the judge has yet to accept and approve a bribe.... whistle
No worries Poobs.....No shag carpet here, I keep the hardwood waxed.

I will now accept concession speeches.

That comment deserves a point addition... sick puppies in this thread.
With all of the emphasis on trophy bucks these days, it warms my heart to see the dink celebration we have here grin

Motion seconded smile

[Linked Image]

Did I mention that mine scored 18 B&C points gross, and a clean 17 and 5/8s net.

Very symmetrical with AWESOME main beams!
Lots of time left. Hard to separate the does from the dinks.
You should be ashamed of yourself, Poobs. That thing is a monster.

Prolly tough as old shoe leather.
looks like he is all main beams to me
18 B&C points? Heck I didn't know herd bulls were eligible. shocked
It looks like a freaking eland!

For you East Coasters, that there is a trophy mule deer dink. It's like a Chinese girl with green eyes or leather bucket seats.

What's a Chinese girl with leather bucket seats got to do with anything?
I just finished surfing Asian Leather Porn.

So.......everything?
that explains the waxed hardwood...
Originally Posted by RWE

I knew a Japanese girl once with green eyes grin

I checked her seat, it wasn't leather whistle
Two coats.
Originally Posted by RWE

How much candy did it take to get her into the van? whistle
I get it now! The van had leather seats,Right?
The dink had a leather seat.

Get with the program.
Originally Posted by RWE

Get with the program.

That sounds racist.....
Originally Posted by RWE

Get with the program.

That sounds racist.....

At dawn We riot!
Originally Posted by RWE

Get with the program.

That sounds racist.....

Who is getting hair removed by a Chinese girl with no leather seat?

Pedicure too?
Not a dink...
Perhaps a ...Donk? [Linked Image]
Originally Posted by RWE

How much candy did it take to get her into the van? whistle

Not much.

The Clown Suit helped.
Originally Posted by ringworm
Not a dink...

If you scored that rack via B&C you might make it into the dink-a-thon. PLENTY of deducts for non-symmetry there.
It always does laugh
I knew a Japanese girl once with a leather bucket.
Thats off topic.

Dont disrespect this thread....
Sorry, thought this was the Dunk-a-thon thread.thad
I went out with Mischief the wonder dog looking for dinks. She didn't think they had enough antler showing so she wouldn't shoot. Maybe next year we'll have an entry.

[Linked Image]
She receives Honorable Mention! laugh
Couldn't hardly never abide a dog with that much patience and discretion.
That dog needs glasses. Look how it's face is all scrunched up looking for horn.
That looks like the back view of a frog dog. Their faces are always scrunched.
C'mon, ya cheated some and noticed it's mug in the mirror.
grin
Originally Posted by ringworm
Not a dink...

If you scored that rack via B&C you might make it into the dink-a-thon. PLENTY of deducts for non-symmetry there.

If we're counting deductions I think this one will make it into the dink category!
Danged busted off two on his left side, he must've lead with his right LOL!
[Linked Image]
Cat
Its not like you Canadians to be nefarious and sneak one of your monster bucks into the dink-a-thon.

How dare you!

Granted its worth a try just to let us see more of that rifle...its pretty cool looking!

That said, however...I think you owe a certain judge a fifth ( or in your case a litre) of Blantons......... whistle

Hey, Canadian's shoot dinks too !

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Paul...it looks like you are in first place for the Canadian Division.... grin
Used my sookum .243 Savage m11 youth with slip over recoil pad & 95gr federal fusion factory load, to boot.

Oh yeah, crappy Simmons blazer 3-9 x 40 scope.

Whole package cost less than $400 !

sick

Boy, it has killed a truckload of deer, though !

blush
The Simmons scope will count against you....
Green tape, 'cause we all know blue never works.

For the record, tenderloins were veddy delicious.
The Simmons scope will count against you....

Yikes !

Guessing the fact that I'm eating moose backstrap stroganoff, while conversing with you, will somehow also count against me !
BASTID! cry
Its not like you Canadians to be nefarious and sneak one of your monster bucks into the dink-a-thon.

How dare you!

Granted its worth a try just to let us see more of that rifle...its pretty cool looking!

That said, however...I think you owe a certain judge a fifth ( or in your case a litre) of Blantons......... whistle

I guess that would count as a B&C dink??
As for the penalty My good Sir I have a wide assortment if fine single malts in my cabinet and you are quite welcome to come on up and sample to your heart's content - along with a Monte Cristo or two!:>)
Cat
By single malt I presume you mean scotch....and you must remember we colonials are not as well refined.
Im a Bourbon drinker...its an American thing. grin

If by Monte Cristos you mean the sandwich...I can easily wade through them!

The rifle intrigues me...I go to Alberta every summer for a bit...maybe I should swing west this year..... whistle

Where in Alberta?
BOURBON??!! I'll have to put a bag over my head when I buy that stuff so my friends don't recognize me!!
Sandwiches we can do!!
I'm up North, 300 miles north of Edmonton to be exact.
Google Fort McMurray Alberta. :>)
You are welcome any time!
Cat
Ft. McMurray is where we go!
That looks like the back view of a frog dog. Their faces are always scrunched.

Mischief the Wonder Dog is a French Bulldog and she finds the term "frog dog" derogatory and offensive. Her face is scrunched up because there's alot going on behind that furrowed brow. Is enough antler showing to qualify for dink status? Should she use a 223, 223AI, with a TTSX or NBT? Would Old Crow be a sufficient bribe?
Hey, Canadian's shoot dinks too !

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That's a nice dink you have there - waitaminit that didn't come out quite right!!
Cat
I don't always shoot dinks...but when I do, I am happy.

[Linked Image][/URL]http://[/img]

Perry
Dude! Thats a dandy! laugh
I snuck out without the wonder dog and shot this one. I think there is too much antler to qualify as an official dink unless there is a bone to bore size ratio credit (45/70). Or if the aforementioned Old Crow is a sufficient bribe. smile
[Linked Image]
Can we start multiple categories here smallest overall, smallest 2pt, 3pt, ect. If so I got an entry in to the 2x3 category.

Wife's blacktail from this year.

[Linked Image]
You people are losing the spirit of the Dink-a-thon, showing up and posting these monster shooter bucks.

And Old Crow is never gonna make a good bribe.

I know, I know...I started this thing off with a monster with AWESOME main beams, but I only did that cause it was the first entry and I knew someone would beat it.

Helpful hint...the more antler mass/points it has, the more Blantons the Judge will need for consideration. ( Unless you are from Texas, then Rebecca Creek can work miracles in the judging arena..... whistle )
Of course it's up to Da Judge to decide, but I think indeed a consideration should be given to caliber used.

It should be in your favor if there is not too much span between the weight of the bullet and the weight of the deer, the closer, the better.

Obviously the most desirable antler size is the class of "Barely visible above hairline." Those, on a 60 lb. deer shot with a .458" 540 grain bullet would be hard to beat.

Kids trump all..
^^^^^^^^

This.

Unless I change my mind.
You people are losing the spirit of the Dink-a-thon, showing up and posting these monster shooter bucks.

And Old Crow is never gonna make a good bribe.

I know, I know...I started this thing off with a monster with AWESOME main beams, but I only did that cause it was the first entry and I knew someone would beat it.

Helpful hint...the more antler mass/points it has, the more Blantons the Judge will need for consideration. ( Unless you are from Texas, then Rebecca Creek can work miracles in the judging arena..... whistle )

Who is Rebecca Creek & is somebody going to post photos ?
Rebecca Creek can make you do things your Mama would slap you for....
I see I'll have to use my google Fu & post my own pictures !
[Linked Image]

She looks like fun !

She looks like fun !

At her current drinking rate, she'll be LOTS of fun in about 15 minutes....
[Linked Image]

She looks like fun !

Thats Rebecca alright! laugh
I'd go with a palmated prong category fer that'un, if my opinion counts?
My hunting buddies daughter's deer pic made the local paper.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/outdoors/283925611.html

It's the Alaina Bohrer, from Edina one.

[Linked Image]

I respectfully request the judges re-examine the rack on this dink, as it may now be eligible for "famous" points for being in the paper.....

Winner, winner, venison dinner !

Awesome, looks like conditions were on the cool side. Adds to the cool factor.

Congrats to Alaina & to her dad, your buddy !

Thanks for posting on their behalf.
Winner, winner, venison dinner !

Awesome, looks like conditions were on the cool side. Adds to the cool factor.

Congrats to Alaina & to her dad, your buddy !

Thanks for posting on their behalf.

My pleasure. It was a pretty fun opener. My little guy is too young to hunt yet, so I got to live/parent vicariously.

That is my son's future "first" rifle she was using. She went to the range and practiced this fall, then made a perfect shot when it mattered.

I think my buddy and I both almost teared up with joy when she insisted on field dressing it and then skinning and quartering it when we got it back. More so when, on the drive home Monday through the snowstorm, she was asking her dad multiple questions about what rifle she will get as her own, what kind of jacket and knife she needs etc...
Awesome, truly awesome.

Soon will be your time goalie.

There is nothing like it !

grin
Definite contender. The size of the rack, plus the fact it was taken by a kid give it all kinds of style points!

KUDOS!
Definite contender. The size of the rack, plus the fact it was taken by a kid give it all kinds of style points!

KUDOS!

Does she get "stunt-shooter" points for using a .223 on something bigger than a prairie-dog????

whistle
Thought I was shooting a little meat doe....nope. He had little stubs lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

She looks like fun !

Thats Rebecca alright! laugh

Clearly we need to invite her to the Hog Hunt... smirk
Originally Posted by goalie

KUDOS!

Does she get "stunt-shooter" points for using a .223 on something bigger than a prairie-dog????

whistle

Dats a BIG 10-4!!! laugh
Originally Posted by Ky221
Thought I was shooting a little meat doe....nope. He had little stubs lol

[Linked Image]

Cant see the stubs from the photo, didn't get a bribe. You are disqualified! wink
Pic of the testicles work? Lol
He wants to be bribed, not get excited.....

Did I say that??
I can't believe last years winner-without bribery no less- can be that cruel to an objective judge such as myself....

Besides that ky221 kid catches fish bigger than that deer...
I apologize, but the opportunity for a cheap shot is, well, an opportunity (grin).

One thing about ky221 kid. He shoots proportional deer. The wee little lad has him a wee little deer.
You do realize that some might shoot a matched pair of those, if they have the time and enough tags?
Twins are always good... whistle
I present the worlds tiniest deer, of the subspecies Microdinkus Bambiani ;

barely half the length of the scope it were; killed with a .17mach2 that both over-penetrated and over-expanded.... cheap ass cup-n-core bullets; need a .17 TTSX for this sort of work.

hoping for a few more of them so i can make me a sammich. wink

[Linked Image]

OK...you will DEFINITELY get the" Ingenuity Award" this season..... laugh

I'm lovin' it!
OK, heres a new entry, and current leader ( because she is family, it is her first deer, she insisted on dressing and dragging herself.)
Button buck ( honest, I saw close-ups)
Ohio- shotgun season, 410 slug (!)
My cousins daughter ( no names or faces on the net without her dad's permission...)

[Linked Image]
remember when judging its hard for old fat guys to climb trees to get photo angles correct.

plus our friends own a liquor store, so the quality of my bribe will be good.
Originally Posted by FyrepowrX
remember when judging its hard for old fat guys to climb trees to get photo angles correct.

Plus....there is that ingenuity and creative thing going on......

Does your friends store stock high end bourbon?

You just got my vote...

Plus....there is that ingenuity and creative thing going on......

Oh, please... We all know you'll sell out for low-end bourbon. Let me judge and I'll negotiate for the entire inventory.
Go away, or I shall taunt you!
Go away, or I shall taunt you!

I am upwind. You are rendered powerless.

so you're saying you like that stuff that costs more than $10? whistle

[Linked Image]

Sir, there is a fine line between satire and cruelty...and you have crossed it.

so you're saying you like that stuff that costs more than $10? whistle

[Linked Image]

This will do for Da Judge
[Linked Image]
If you come back out to go trout fishing, you will be in "the Grizzly Tent" again...with the smoldering pot of bacon grease.
Sir, there is a fine line between satire and cruelty...and you have crossed it.

sorry, woke up feeling mean after eating too much at the Festival of the Scorched Galliformes yesterday.

i see i will have to offer a higher quality bribe in order to be declared a champion.

would a larger quantity of cheap stuff work? wink

This is as close as I will come to a dink

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Clever way to hide the antlers.....
Here's my official 2014 entry from yesterday.
Do I get extra style points for old school smoothbore barrel, irons, and 2 3/4" Sluggers??

[Linked Image]
The antlers are too big to qualify this year for contention, but definite style points for the spray gun and the GFY sticker.
Honorable Mention for sure....
I respectfully suggest she be awarded points for the cool hat!
whelennut
Yall just wait, I've got one still on milk in the back pasture w/itty bitty nubs. Were talking nipple nubs(scientific word). I'm holding off till the last weekend in December after all of the bribes have taken place and am going to submit one picture and one quart Jim Beam Devil's Cut. That should bring that old man in Montana to his knees. powdr
You need to re-read the thread.

Blantons...not Devils cut.

Unless you are in Texas, then its Rebecca Creek.

sheesh....even bribes are hard to come by these days.
I finally got my rack back from the processors. Before it went up on the Spike Wall at camp, I took a picture for y'all for official scoring purposes.
[Linked Image]

The processor had lost my rack, and was going to substitute a nice 6 pointer that nobody wanted. I turned him down. First off, this is the first entry I've been able to make in this august contest, and I could not pass up the chance. Secondly, the Spike Wall is the wall between the kitchen and dining room at camp. Every small rack goes up there. The point is, you can shoot anything you want at our camp, but the small ones go up in the most visible spot along with a picture of the fellow who takes it. This was only the second time a rack of mine made it to the Spike Wall. The first, in 2005, was a deformed rack with a few points from a 3-legged buck. I did not want my sons to think I was exempt. It took the processor 2 weeks of digging, but he came up with it.
Well then, you get an "A" for effort , but those antlers are entirely too long, considering some of the other entries this year....

I hate to break it to you like that, but there it is...
Shucks, Ingwe! I knew my Monster Dink wasn't going to get much. It was just an honor to get here finally. It was all a mistake-- burned my buck tag on this guy, because I couldn't see the spike against the tall grass at last light.

If I'd been really meaning it, I'd have nailed the little boxer-sized fellow who kept coming around my stand. He had spikes less than 1.5"

Can a hand feed back yard buck be scored had he not been grain feed he would have been much smaller[Linked Image][/URL]
Originally Posted by shaman

If I'd been really meaning it, I'd have nailed the little boxer-sized fellow who kept coming around my stand. He had spikes less than 1.5"

Oh sure....

We all have stories about the "little one that got away....."
Fred: You are now leading the Blacktail Division!

Congrats! laugh
With bonus points for back yard grain fed?

I got the scoop on that buck, hell of a hunt I'm told...

There had been a good buck coming into the does in the yard and a buddy of ours was down hunting the late buck hunt. It was the last day and they were on there way back to the house and Fred told them to come over and wait for the buck he had been seeing to come out, rules being that he couldn't shoot any of the local bucks that frequent the yard throughout the year. Al (pictured) came over and was drinking coffee and playing cribbage, when all of a sudden he said I'm out, spike! Since it wasn't a buck that Fred had ever seen before Al made a really good stock over to the sliding glass door and carefully opened it up and took aim....

All or parts of this story have been fabricated.
It's true I'm one heck of a guide all the amenities of home and deer success rate is 100%
It feels good to be in first I have to thank my dad who only meat hunts, my Uncal Mel who will eat anything,my other Uncal Dave who gets heart attack excited at the thought of a spike buck and my (Uncal Alan pictured) who kills yard bucks shamelessly LOL .
Anybody else?

Come on...you have till Jan 1 to enter, bribe, and win!
Anybody else?

Come on...you have till Jan 1 to enter, bribe, and win!

I think you need a special new category for "management" bucks. Bribe dependent upon response...
Look he had it coming walking around my house all cocky and looking in the windows. I have a law called standing in my yard : laugh
My dink this year

[Linked Image]
Been hunting for this one, but so far he's eluded me.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by troutfisher13111
My dink this year

[Linked Image]

This one is way too big! wink
Originally Posted by tmitch
Been hunting for this one, but so far he's eluded me.

[Linked Image]

Too many points...he might score 4 or5 B&C net.
Originally Posted by troutfisher13111
My dink this year

[Linked Image]

This one is way too big! wink

Translated:

I'll be looking forward to this bribe. Blanton's...hint.. grin
Last years winner speaks... grin
Therefore, I am qualified to give advice....and Blanton's to the proper individual.. grin
Originally Posted by 1Deernut

[Linked Image]

I actually have a two similar hats. One blaze orange for hunting and one black that I used to wear with my uniform. They were made by Columbia and called a Yazoo hat. Very warm.

The deer think I look funny in the orange one too. They die laughing.

Dan
I was told this would be a grand champion dink.Unfortunatly all I can shoot are dinks,because I have no 7x57 to take the REAL game with.I'm stuck with my little 250 .Some day I too hope to hunt Manly game with a 7x57 while wearing a leopard skin thong..LIKE A REAL MAN. [Linked Image]
Yep...you've got a looooong way to go. First off you are shooting monster bucks with multiple points, and second you are using an American Classic, the 99 in .250

You do need the Euro-trash 7x57 and the African throwback of leopard thongs.

Another option is stunt shooting, no gun bigger than a conventional 22-250...

You are just completely on the wrong track here, shooting respectable deer with classics.

Sorry for brow beating you, but I just had to vent...

wink
Originally Posted by DeereJohn
[Linked Image]

There seems to be something strange about that deer...
grin
Originally Posted by SmokeEater2

Thanks for the information ingwe! I had thought this was just a geographic anomaly in my area. Just started in the last few years too.

Don't forget. Gravity is at least double what it was 20 years ago. I found that out a few years back when dragging a stag off the hills in Ireland. It was confirmed when I tried climbing a tree in my backyard to cut some limbs a few weeks back. I blame it on global warming.
I blame Al Gore directly for all of it.
Gravity has increased more than it was 20 years ago.

This is proven by the fact my ass is actually dragging daily, as opposed to just occasionally.

Case closed.
Respectfully submitted; My canon kilt "antlerless" buck !

[Linked Image]

Had 8 points as the M99 spoke & 0 at retrieval from brush pile ! Had to check between back legs to be sure it was my deer.

whistle

Found 1 side.
Paul, a buck with just pedicels could be a contender...
Paul, a buck with just pedicels could be a contender...

..... If the appropriate bribe is supplied in a timely fashion !

wink whistle

I can't believe you just wrote that, for all to see !

blush
We have no secrets here.....
B&C, on this thread, means Blanton's and Crystal glass.

If Da Phoobs says it scores high in B&C, that simply means send more Blanton's, and being that it is close to Christmas, and new drinking glass. More is better towards reducing your deer towards being a contender.
Vic,

Have you been drinking ?
No, but he's last years winner.....

hint...
Vic,

Have you been drinking ?

I am not as shinck as you drunk I am.

[Linked Image]
Not me but I took the pictures and I butchered it. Might have gotten 30 lbs of meat total off this big fella. 20 lbs grind including 2 lbs beef fat I added... plus tenderloins and backstraps... Maybe closer to 25 lbs. Sumbitch was little!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
You might have a winner there.

Poobs, who is the actual front runner so far?
Think this one is smaller. Was taken during the 2013 season. 1 1/2" spike on one side barely exposed nub on other side. We called it the unicorn.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by huntinaz
Not me but I took the pictures and I butchered it. Might have gotten 30 lbs of meat total off this big fella. 20 lbs grind including 2 lbs beef fat I added... plus tenderloins and backstraps... Maybe closer to 25 lbs. Sumbitch was little!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

If you can't carry them out with one hand-like a suitcase- then they're not little. grin
Haha, yeah there's room for improvement smile

AZShooter, that's an awesome buck!
If there was a record book for small this would be hard to beat. What would it score after deductions? Zero or negative something?
It will be at the Judge's discretion, but I think points are in order for using a rifle longer than the deer.
This contest has been rigged for years. The judge is a known drunk, gambler and has ties to the Mafia. Pay your entry fees at your own risk. He has been known to rig the contest when alcohol is used in concert w/under the table bribes. Several members have entered clear winners in the past only to be snubbed at the last minute by threats from ruthless under world type characters. This is one bad dude. Some people that entered the contest have gone missing and never heard from again because they had no whiskey to trade for their lives. Beware! powdr
I flatly deny any ties to the mafia.

Entry fees was an idea I hadn't thought of..... whistle

Prepare to ante up next year!

As to the rest of what he said....

No comment.
Bump

Somebody must still be shootin 'em !
Season's open to 1/1/2015 here.

I got a couple weeks yet.

Paging Poobah... Here's my official entry into the Dink-a-thon contest. MULE DEER was with me and he said you should declare this buck to be the winner of the Southwest Texas free-range division. Sure, he's got 12 points and all, but Mule Deer said you should not question his judgment and immediately declare this buck to be a winner. Surely you will accept JB's judgment on this matter. (Of course, bribes MIGHT still be in the offing).

[Linked Image]
OK, first off, he's too big.

Secondly: Mule Deer has been conspicuous by his absence at the judging table....his opinion carries no weight, and any bribes directed towards him, will be re-directed towards the only real judge...The Poobah!

I have staged a successful bloodless coup against my erstwhile other judge!

[Linked Image]
And I'll bet you A-holes didn't bring me back any Rebecca Creek...

Victory could have been yours.........

Thats all Im saying.
And I'll bet you A-holes didn't bring me back any Rebecca Creek...

Victory could have been yours.........

Thats all Im saying.

I live here, remember? I have access to vast quantities of Rebecca Creek...
And What good does that do ME?

I'll be there next month and I'll buy my own!

Screw you guys! I Fart in your general direction!
And What good does that do ME?

I'll be there next month and I'll buy my own!

Screw you guys! I Fart in your general direction!

If you were thinking straight, you'd declare this buck a winner and have some in time for Christmas. ;-)
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
If you were thinking straight, you'd declare this buck a winner and have some in time for Christmas. ;-)

If he was thinking "over ice", he'd be thinking whatever snake oil your hawking.

Move along, junior.
Hey, Kentucky Windage's buck WAS the smallest we could find in Southwest Texas. Doesn't that qualify for anything?
Originally Posted by RWE

If he was thinking "over ice", he'd be thinking whatever snake oil your hawking.

Move along, junior.

Hey, he's the one Jonesing for Rebecca Creek. I can supply it. Simple math. Even you can understand it. Ingwe needs only to declare the buck a winner.

And "Junior"... really? I'm just remarkably well preserved.
Sorry, KW.

I mistook you for one of the rookie neophytes attempting to secure this coveted honor.

Now that I see the competition has taken its rightful place in both the field and dank dark recesses of backroom chicanery, I know that all is righteous in the world.
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Hey, Kentucky Windage's buck WAS the smallest we could find in Southwest Texas. Doesn't that qualify for anything?

JB,I don't think Poobah understands just how hard we had to work to find a buck that small in Southwest Texas. Six of us had to shoot 24 deer just to get to this one. The man just doesn't appreciate hard work and sacrifice.
Poobah - Also, you can cancel your Texas trip. JB shot your pig -- using iron sights, no less. You'd have to kill them bare-handed to top that.
You'd have to kill them bare-handed to top that.

I don't think that's a problem.

Have you seen him choke a chicken?
Originally Posted by RWE
You'd have to kill them bare-handed to top that.

I don't think that's a problem.

Have you seen him choke a chicken?

I thought he was banned from doing that in public as a condition of his probation...
Poobah - Also, you can cancel your Texas trip. JB shot your pig -- using iron sights, no less. You'd have to kill them bare-handed to top that.

BTDT....used a knife...

[Linked Image]

If you got your twelve pointer by counting those little sticker...ooops, I forgot you're back east....

disregard.

I am however happy to hear yours was the smallest of the biggest.... grin

BTDT....used a knife...

[Linked Image]

If you got your twelve pointer by counting those little sticker...ooops, I forgot you're back east....

disregard.

I am however happy to hear yours was the smallest of the biggest.... grin

Baby Killer! Unlike the Dink-a-thon, only grown-up pigs count!
Wow, guessing my little BUMP, this morning, frayed a few tempers.

KW, just send me the Rebecca Creek & I'll declare you the whinger of the whole Texas division !
KW, just send me the Rebecca Creek & I'll declare you the whinger of the whole Texas division !

What kind of Freudian slip was that?

wink whistle

I may be old, but my mind is sharp !

No, we're just having a little fun messing with Ingwe. It's like those commercials, "Messing with Bigfoot."

They are, after all, a genetic familial match.

And no Rebecca Creek for you for that whinger crack, you wanker.

No, we're just having a little fun messing with Ingwe. It's like those commercials, "Messing with Bigfoot."

And like Bigfoot....we are both Legendary......

[Linked Image]
You know, they make medicine for that condition...

OH, and a small point of order. I did not, TECHNICALLY speaking, shoot the smallest of the big ones. But since the others did not enter, being intimidated by my prowess, I win. The logic is unassailable.

OH, and a small point of order. I did not, TECHNICALLY speaking, shoot the smallest of the big ones. But since the others did not enter, being intimidated by my prowess, I win. The logic is unassailable.

Good to hear and good to know. I would hate for you to lose any bit of your lofty position in my estimation. I would, in fact, be crushed to discover you were merely human.

I'm sure you could say the same of me.

And no Rebecca Creek for you for that whinger crack, you wanker.

grin

Good to hear and good to know. I would hate for you to lose any bit of your lofty position in my estimation. I would, in fact, be crushed to discover you were merely human.

I'm sure you could say the same of me.

Absolutely. In fact, I think only you and I should be allowed to drink Rebecca Creek. Of course, JB can imbibe if he so chooses. Deflave can lick up any that gets spilled if he keeps our glasses filled, the fire stoked and cigars lit, but he should have to work for it.
That is as it should be...
I dropped a fish in front of Ingwe but my 270 dink still wins laugh
It is disqualified by virtue of the fact you used a .270.....

Unless some pretty skookum bribes are coming....
Bribes shouldn't be necessary when the �ber 270 is used, especially with a Game King.
Life's not fair.

Get a helmet.
Are you inferring ;

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
As things seem to have slowed down, here again !

We all know how's dink this is, right ?

[Linked Image]
Friendly reminder: 11 more days in the dinky-a-thin. Jan 1 a winner will be declared.
Our season runs until the third.

There could be some Blanton's in it for you.....
Friendly reminder: 11 more days in the dinky-a-thin. Jan 1 a winner will be declared.

I have a flintlock hunt Jan. 3- 5. What sort of bribe is needed to extend the deadline?????
Stopped by the cooler to check on one hanging and a guy was dropping off a 60 pound button buck he shot with a 7mag quartering towards him. Blew out a from shoulder and a offside rear ham and probably bloodshot both loins. Couldn't stand around and wait to see the mess but I was tempted to click a pic and enter it ...

But my good christian upbringing got the better of me and I chose the righteous path.
Damn that deer was busted up.
Originally Posted by Huntingnut

I have a flintlock hunt Jan. 3- 5. What sort of bribe is needed to extend the deadline?????

See the post above yours from Vic....last years winner...cause he knows who is buttering the bread here grin
There are points for lack of size between cartridge and deer...
Originally Posted by Huntingnut

See the post above yours from Vic....last years winner...cause he knows who is buttering the bread here grin

Duly noted...
As things seem to have slowed down, here again !

We all know how's dink this is, right ?

[Linked Image]

Can't be the poobah. That "guy's" stomach is too flat.
He will 'mature' one day....
Where you going in Texas, Poobah?
Running around ranches hunting predators from Mason on down to the border by Eagle Pass.

However I will hole up in Kerrville for a couple days to catch up on sleep.
[Linked Image]

4 x 1

Inches that is.
In the interest of full disclosure, I did stunt shoot his older and more handsome brother a half minute earlier:

[Linked Image]
Full disclosure is a good thing, even if it causes you to forfeit the competition.....
Bribe has been sent
Not that it matters, because I have been disqualified for some BS technicality, but tomorrow is it, correct?
Technically...yes. I think theres still a few open areas in the south...TX, AL and SC...contest can be re-opened dependent upon brand of bribe....
AND THE WINNERS ARE?? .??
Still waiting to see what the late guys offer for bribes....theres still some seasons ( and liquor stores) open....
The suspense is killing me. At least award the blacktail category. Can't think of an open season for then now. LOL
I'll have to post pics when I load them onto the computer, but I finally got a dink yesterday.

I didn't have any white Krylon, and this one is physically slighter larger than last year's white goat, but it's a contendah...

Shot it with my little .243 that my daughter named "The Great Pumpkin", pictured here with a definite non-competitor.

[Linked Image]
Are you kidding with this?

That thing is a monster! Don't be taking up bandwidth posting the big ones on the Dink-a-thon thread!
OK, heres where we stand so far on the Whitetail category...barm's cousins son with this monster. He gets it cause the kid figured out how to beat out the old experienced guys....and because the symmetry of the antlers is awesome! grin

[Linked Image]

In the clues deer category we have Azshooters 'unicorn' buck...

[Linked Image]
In the blackmail category we have fredIIIs buck. Had to post it up, he's squirming so much hoping for the win, soon he will be whining like someone from Oregon...
Besides, he invested a lot, raising and feeding this buck in his back yard....

[Linked Image][/URL]
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2014 Dink-a-thon: WINNERS! - 01/04/15
In the newest category 'Pretty girls with antelope dinks' we have the dinkstress, submitted by Verwoest_P_A

[Linked Image]
Lastly, another new category " Biggest Turd in the Punchbowl" easily won hands down by Kentucky Windage trying to sleaze this one in, invoking the name of last years judge and just in general being sleazy about it.

[Linked Image]
I wuz kinda pushing the envelope a little with the deer pictured but KW took the heat off of me.

Thanks, Partner!!
Can I get style points for shooting a dink with a .223? I even recovered the bullet.

And I am a source for Becky Crick smile
My entry was a lost cause when 270/GameKing were used together. Next year I promise to do better whistle

I must say this awesome and much deserving of the whitetail award
[Linked Image]
Congrats to the young man.
OK, heres where we stand so far on the Whitetail category...barm's cousins son with this monster. He gets it cause the kid figured out how to beat out the old experienced guys....and because the symmetry of the antlers is awesome! grin

[Linked Image]

Awesome!!! I will let him know of his award. Thank you, honorable Poobah.
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Can I get style points for shooting a dink with a .223? I even recovered the bullet.

And I am a source for Becky Crick smile

It would have helped in the judges determination to know about the Beck Creek before final judgement was made.... whistle

No style points for a .223 when the judge is the ultimate stunt shooter.....
No style points for a .223 when the judge is the ultimate stunt shooter.....

That's why I advocate points for minimal spread between size of the cartridge and size of the deer.

A 60 lb deer shot with a .458 mag would be an example.

Discourage stunt-shooting......haarrrummmphh.
Lastly, another new category " Biggest Turd in the Punchbowl" easily won hands down by Kentucky Windage trying to sleaze this one in, invoking the name of last years judge and just in general being sleazy about it.

[Linked Image]

I am truly honored to be named the Biggest Turd in the Punchbowl. I promise to faithfully carry out my duties and represent the 'Fire in a manner befitting the title, and I'd like thank last year's judge, the right honorable Mr. John Barness, for lobbying on my behalf.

I'll buy you a couple of drinks at SHOT, John.

:-)
No love for the current judge???? frown
I would like to thank the judges, my wife for letting me feed deer in the yard and god for the second amendment,also I would like to thank all the blacktail hunters who pass on spikes or who are too ashamed to post their kills. I would also like to thank the doe in heat in my yard for Attachments her brother killed. Peace out :DLMFAO

Well, hell, Ingwe, I can't make good on the bribe without a mailing address.
Might have some more dink's entered from GA Fl and AL.

Well, hell, Ingwe, I can't make good on the bribe without a mailing address.

That would be a beautiful gesture on your part.
Originally Posted by TLB2
Might have some more dink's entered from GA Fl and AL.

Im waiting for them...it'll be a 'southern whitetail category' grin
If its brown its down this weekend for me. It will be a 6.8spc doing the lead slingin.
I just checked the calendar and we have 34 days left. The dinks are going down. I hurt my back and the docs said no dragging deer. I shot a good sized doe at the beginning of the season and my partner had to drag it out. He told me I was going to have to shoot smaller deer if I couldn't help drag 'em.

Dink just doesn't sound as swank as veal, and bambi sounds ruthless, but then again I didn't make the rules... laugh
OK, Poobs, I uploaded this year's pics, and here is this year's candidate.

I know it's late, and I don't have enough bribe left, but I just want to establish the fact that I can be a serious contender. Krylon was not on sale, so no white goats....

Dink '14
[Linked Image]

With da "pumkin". That is a youth-sized rifle, by the way. The deer is small, not the rifle is large.....
[Linked Image]

Of course, KW ain't going to have the only turd in the punchbowl....
[Linked Image]

That, dinksters, is my season.
WOW! That last one is a nice buck!

Im not sure about that dink though...I think its photoshopped in your desperation not to lose the title!
Note to self:

More bribe..
exactamundo......
exactamundo......

Your bribe has been delayed on account of weather. We will experience a "wintry mix" here tonight, which will bring life in Texas as we know it to an end. It may be the apocalypse.
Good, then I might move there, once the bodies all quit stinking.... I checked the long range forecast for when Im there...looks like 60s.... grin

Its 4 degrees here now, sun shining brightly...
WOW! That last one is a nice buck!

Im not sure about that dink though...I think its photoshopped in your desperation not to lose the title!

I'll take that as a compliment. You actually think I'm smart enough to use Photoshop!!
© 24hourcampfire