Home
Posted By: NevadaWapati Son's First Bull - 11/27/22
Jack was able to get his first Nevada bull on the first day of his hunt. Factory Hornady 6.5 PRC 143 grain ELD-X.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Proud_Dad Re: Son's First Bull - 11/27/22
Nice bull! Congratulations! Memories that will last a lifetime right there...
Posted By: crittrgittr Re: Son's First Bull - 11/27/22
That's a dandy, congrats
Posted By: Doc_Holidude Re: Son's First Bull - 11/27/22
Wow! That’s awesome! He does realize he’s ruined for life right? Between being consumed by elk hunting, and the bar being set so high on elk #1…oh yeah, he’s toast!

Congrats to him and you on a super fine bull! 😎

Doc_Holidude
Posted By: roundoak Re: Son's First Bull - 11/27/22
The smile says it all. Congrats to your son.
Posted By: Judman Re: Son's First Bull - 11/27/22
Hellava first bull right there! Grats👊🏻
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: Son's First Bull - 11/27/22
Awesome.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Son's First Bull - 11/27/22
Excellent!
Posted By: Godogs57 Re: Son's First Bull - 11/27/22
Fine bull! Congrats! Good shootin.
Posted By: SLM Re: Son's First Bull - 11/27/22
Excellent, congrats.
Posted By: Deans Re: Son's First Bull - 11/27/22
That is a nice bull. Congrats.
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Son's First Bull - 11/27/22
Heck of a bull, congrats!
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: Son's First Bull - 11/27/22
Awesomeness
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Son's First Bull - 11/27/22
Beauty of a bull!

My brother just bought a 6.5 PRC. Can you tell us more about shot distance, placement, and number of times your son hit him?

Keep in mind I’m a big believer of shooting until they fall down, sometimes elk need a lot of killing.

P
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: Son's First Bull - 11/27/22
Very well done!

That bull is the apex of elk hunting for some of us! Here's to him getting an even bigger one next time!
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Son's First Bull - 11/27/22
That's a dandy for sure
Posted By: Talus_in_Arizona Re: Son's First Bull - 11/27/22
That’s outstanding!
Posted By: smokepole Re: Son's First Bull - 11/27/22
Congats to you all!

Might take him a while to top that one grin
Posted By: jc189 Re: Son's First Bull - 11/27/22
That's one Hell of a first Bull. Congrats. Nice job
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: Son's First Bull - 11/27/22
Wow! Congratulations. Beautiful bull and a great picture too!
Posted By: PintsofCraft Re: Son's First Bull - 11/27/22
Outstanding bull!! He’s gotta be over the moon with that one.
Posted By: beretzs Re: Son's First Bull - 11/28/22
Wow. What a bull! Congrats to your boy!
Posted By: KDF Re: Son's First Bull - 11/28/22
Congrats to your son... nice bull!
Posted By: DollarShort Re: Son's First Bull - 11/28/22
Woohoo!
Posted By: Springcove Re: Son's First Bull - 11/28/22
Congratulations on a great bull
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Son's First Bull - 11/28/22
Nv has some great elk and really fun units to hunt. That's a good bull!
Posted By: NevadaWapati Re: Son's First Bull - 11/28/22
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Beauty of a bull!

My brother just bought a 6.5 PRC. Can you tell us more about shot distance, placement, and number of times your son hit him?

Keep in mind I’m a big believer of shooting until they fall down, sometimes elk need a lot of killing.

P
The rifle belongs to a friend of my son. It's a Savage 110 with a Vortex 5-25 scope. It is set up for long distance shooting. The friend killed his elk at 1300 yards. My son shot his at 1100 yards. Both of these are more than twice the distance I've ever shot an animal.

The shot was across a canyon with no wind. He missed another 1100 yard shot earlier but the wind was howling around 30 mph. He hit the bull three times. The first was a gut shot, the second shot hit him in the hind quarter and the third was in the neck. He had a good side view of the elkon the first shot, the bull took a few steps and was facing away for the second and third shots. The bull only walked five yards from the time he was first hit until he dropped on the third.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Son's First Bull - 11/28/22
He can quit huntingelk now...it'll be hard to top that one.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Son's First Bull - 11/28/22
Originally Posted by NevadaWapati
Beauty of a bull!

P
The rifle belongs to a friend of my son. It's a Savage 110 with a Vortex 5-25 scope. It is set up for long distance shooting. The friend killed his elk at 1300 yards. My son shot his at 1100 yards. Both of these are more than twice the distance I've ever shot an animal.

The shot was across a canyon with no wind. He missed another 1100 yard shot earlier but the wind was howling around 30 mph. He hit the bull three times. The first was a gut shot, the second shot hit him in the hind quarter and the third was in the neck. He had a good side view of the elkon the first shot, the bull took a few steps and was facing away for the second and third shots. The bull only walked five yards from the time he was first hit until he dropped on the third.

Thanks

Did he recover any of the bullets?

P
Posted By: BlueDuck Re: Son's First Bull - 11/28/22
Nice one.
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Son's First Bull - 11/28/22
That bull for a first kill has set the bar impossibly high, it'll be mighty hard to improve on that bull. Congrats on an exceptionally fine trophy elk !
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Son's First Bull - 11/28/22
Wow! Very nice! Congrats to him.
Posted By: Sasha_and_Abby Re: Son's First Bull - 11/29/22
nice bull
Posted By: NevadaWapati Re: Son's First Bull - 11/29/22
Beauty of a bull!

P

Thanks

Did he recover any of the bullets?

P

Negative
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Son's First Bull - 11/29/22
Really nice bull but he’s spoiled now. 😊
Posted By: smokepole Re: Son's First Bull - 11/29/22
The shot was across a canyon with no wind. He missed another 1100 yard shot earlier but the wind was howling around 30 mph.

Not many people can make 1100 yard shots in a 30 mph wind.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Son's First Bull - 11/29/22
Looks like your son had a good day elk hunting.
Congratulations.
Posted By: 79S Re: Son's First Bull - 11/29/22
Beauty of a bull!

P

Uh…….. I guess it’s minute of elk…
Posted By: deflave Re: Son's First Bull - 11/29/22
Beauty of a bull!

P

Your kid and his friend are dumb fugk ass holes.

And you are a dumb fugk ass hole for “bragging” about this kill.
Posted By: firstcoueswas80 Re: Son's First Bull - 11/29/22
Beauty of a bull!

P

Wow..you [bleep] are the [bleep] that give us all bad names.

Was there no one intelligent enough in the group to think "man maybe we shouldn't take an 1100 yard shot with 30 mph winds"?

Bunch of dummies. That's the worst of the worst. Borderline above poachers.
Posted By: 79S Re: Son's First Bull - 11/30/22
Hell yeah slinging lead.. not trying to run anyone off but this one was one of those stories that should never been told.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Son's First Bull - 12/01/22
Beauty of a bull!

P

The shot was across a canyon with no wind. He missed another 1100 yard shot earlier but the wind was howling around 30 mph. He hit the bull three times. The first was a gut shot, the second shot hit him in the hind quarter and the third was in the neck. He had a good side view of the elk on the first shot, the bull took a few steps and was facing away for the second and third shots. The bull only walked five yards from the time he was first hit until he dropped on the third.

No wind and he still shot him in the guts? Then the ass? Was he aiming for the neck on the third shot or was it a case of “the bullet has to land somewhere?”

Does your boy practice regularly at 1100 yards, or was it “use this rifle, it’s good to 1300 yards?” If you don’t shoot long range it doesn’t matter what you use, you’ll end up missing or worse, a gut shot.

I can wear Steph Curry’s shoes but that doesn’t make me a 3-point shooter.

Just my opinion.

P
Posted By: claybreaker Re: Son's First Bull - 12/03/22
Great Bull, Congrats. He has set himself good to measure the others against.
Posted By: CJW Re: Son's First Bull - 12/03/22
I hope your son grows up smart enough to be ashamed of this and you one day. This wasn't hunting, it was slob shooting for brags. Same with his buddy.

Did you actually follow up on the first bull to make sure it wasn't hit? Would you even be able to say 100% that it wasn't?
Posted By: shawlerbrook Re: Son's First Bull - 12/03/22
Never to ceases to amaze me on the things people will brag about on the internet.
Posted By: Rodinaz Re: Son's First Bull - 12/04/22
Nice, congratulations
Posted By: Rekobeez Re: Son's First Bull - 12/04/22
Very good.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Son's First Bull - 12/05/22
The OP was on the ‘fire a couple of hours ago, I’m sure he’s seen the comments.

$10 says he won’t answer my questions.
© 24hourcampfire