Home

Decent water and green makes nice horns.

I can't report on the mountains but Kansas has had significant water all year, just short of flooding.

This should be a awsome year for horns, and pheasant should have completely rebounded from the drop off the last 5 years.

Spot
Grasses ,etc are green,but everything west of Loveland pass,tree wise is brown due to beetle kill. Millions of acres.There is going to be some hellacious aspen groves in twenty years
Green as I have ever seen it this time of year. Cept maybe in 93. Like Ireland green.

The Colorado mountains are getting a good amount of rain.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ther was a good snow pack to water the tundra above timberline.
[Linked Image]

KC

I was going to say conditions are pretty good, but after those pictures comments are a waste of time.

Exceptionally green here in Idaho!

ElkNut1
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Way green here now but not a drop of fireweed yet. This might be the year it did not show up, I suppose.

Wish there was something that would kill those beetles.

Don't the elk rely upon the pines for cover...

Nice pictures KC

Should be an good year for horns - I also just found out I drew a western KS mulie tag..

Spot
Its beautiful here in SE Idaho, we had lots of spring rain & I don't think I've ever seen so many wild flowers.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Picked this bunch for my wife, she loves wild flowers.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Dick

Pacific Northwest is Douglas Fir green, always.
Good moisture in south west Colorado.
plenty green here. we had a long,cold,wet spring.
"Green?" Is that the stuff between the snow banks?
North Idaho is as green as I have ever seen it and loaded with wild flowers too. Little snow this past winter but a lot of rain in the spring.
It is starting to brown central MT and the beetles are bad.

Is there no way to kill those beetles?
Just talked to a buddy yesterday who manages the ranch I hunt at in Northern New Mexico...told me they are getting rain "just about every day" and the antlers are showing the results of that rain. Got me fired up!
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

Is there no way to kill those beetles?

Log green infested trees or fire.
Very green around here. Unfortunately, if it turns out like last year's big green-up, things are about to turn really crunchy up high in the next month or so. Last year was like walking around on rice krispies come bow season. No good way to avoid it.
© 24hourcampfire