Home
Posted By: FPC Boycott Colorado - 03/10/13
The minute Colorado Gov. Hickenlooper signs this Gun Control Bill the boycott of Colorado will begin! Yes Hick, you will be signing the demise of Colorado revenue just satisfy you liberal base. Every Vacationer, RV'er, and conference booker should remove Colorado from their future plans! Tomorrow morning I will send out 8000 emails to make sure this is the last State supporters of The U.S. Constitution should visit for any reason!!!!
Posted By: Brad Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/10/13
Good luck with that...
Posted By: 40O Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/10/13
Originally Posted by Brad
Good luck with that...

I thought you sold your 30-06 84L and kept the 270?
Posted By: Mauser_Hunter Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/10/13
Originally Posted by FPC
The minute Colorado Gov. Hickenlooper signs this Gun Control Bill the boycott of Colorado will begin! Yes Hick, you will be signing the demise of Colorado revenue just satisfy you liberal base. Every Vacationer, RV'er, and conference booker should remove Colorado from their future plans! Tomorrow morning I will send out 8000 emails to make sure this is the last State supporters of The U.S. Constitution should visit for any reason!!!!

Are you a Colorado resident?
Posted By: JWP58 Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/10/13
All the limpwristed front range hippies are begging for gun control, when they're not having a candle light vigil for a dead elk.

They can keep their TOMS shoes, fixie bikes, men's capri pants, and gun control.

Silly Greenies, Guns arent for hippies...
Posted By: darcytribe7 Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/10/13
I've actuall started to plug this info in deciding which state to start building up preference points. Why plan to do that in a state that looks like it's headed toward gun restrictions. I think I'll look toward states that are moving in the direction of protecting gun rights.
Posted By: Maverick940 Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/10/13
Originally Posted by darcytribe7
I've actuall started to plug this info in deciding which state to start building up preference points. Why plan to do that in a state that looks like it's headed toward gun restrictions. I think I'll look toward states that are moving in the direction of protecting gun rights.

Try Arizona and Nevada, if you're truly interested in building points for hunt in pursuit of an inordinately large bull elk.
Posted By: FPC Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/10/13
Yes, have been a CO resident for more than 35 years. Now that this liberal backpack rathole has become Weed Central Colofornia, I'm selling everything I own and voting with my feet to Wyoming , Montana or Idaho...where the Constitution still has meaning.
Posted By: Bigdogfla Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/10/13
FPC... Are you a Colorado resident or not.... You sure were Mouthy to start this thread!!! Believe me, none of us here in this wonderful state are pleased with what's going on.... Most of the time you can't fight City Hall!!!

Just Sayin....
Posted By: ZEKEOB Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/10/13
Originally Posted by JWP58
All the limpwristed front range hippies are begging for gun control, when they're not having a candle light vigil for a dead elk.

They can keep their TOMS shoes, fixie bikes, men's capri pants, and gun control.

Silly Greenies, Guns arent for hippies...

I bet you wrangerlers & a white shirt with cut off sleeves... dont you.
Posted By: guy57 Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/10/13
Can't blame folks for being pissed at being taken over by the liberal overflow. I wonder how many Col. members the NRA has, just askin? We really ALL need to stand together.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/10/13
Already told them my rig packs enough fuel to make it clear across the state. I'll do my best to assure they don't get a dime from me.
Posted By: Hunt41Ram Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/14/13
I don't thik there will be an effective boycott in Colorado this fall. Too many hunters from out of state can come here...hunt....go back home and forget about Colorado. As for me....I am looking at homes out of state to get out of here as soon as I can. The political climate in Colorado won't change anytime soon...at least not soon enough for me.
Posted By: DayPacker Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/14/13
I would like to know what has the NRA done about Colorado? I have sent probably 50 letters to all of the senators and representatives. I really haven't seen the NRA do anything. I expected them to be more visible. If the politic climate doesn't change quick I will be looking for a new home after 33 years. I moved here because it was a good place to hunt. Now there are too many restricts.
Posted By: JWP58 Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/14/13
Originally Posted by DayPacker
I would like to know what has the NRA done about Colorado? I have sent probably 50 letters to all of the senators and representatives. I really haven't seen the NRA do anything. I expected them to be more visible. If the politic climate doesn't change quick I will be looking for a new home after 33 years. I moved here because it was a good place to hunt. Now there are too many restricts.

Realistically, why would the NRA care??? They've increased their revenue by leaps and bounds in the past three months, which means their probably more than happy with our current political climate. OR they're too busy attempting to BUY OFF the corrupt politicians in D.C.

And no, Im not a fan of the NRA. Buying off these people will not solve our problem, as the people really running the show doesnt need the cash...
Posted By: high_country_ Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/14/13
Originally Posted by Hunt41Ram
I don't thik there will be an effective boycott in Colorado this fall. Too many hunters from out of state can come here...hunt....go back home and forget about Colorado. As for me....I am looking at homes out of state to get out of here as soon as I can. The political climate in Colorado won't change anytime soon...at least not soon enough for me.

Till they get stopped with that hi capacity magazine in their pistol, or the 10-22......Then the party is over.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/15/13
I would like to know what has the NRA done about Colorado?

Did hickenpooper already make it law?
Posted By: Alamosa Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/15/13
personally I think a boycott would have an effect, but not on those most responsible.

There is a group of leftist state senators, mostly from the Denver metro area, with their heads so far up they don't care who gets hurt.
Posted By: mudhen Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/15/13
I am a bit conflicted over this. My primary elk hunt these days is a private land only hunt in the White River country. Camp attendance runs between three and six, depending on the obligations of my hunting partners. I am the only nonresident who is invited to this annual get-together and have been faithfully attending since 1997.

In years past, I usually applied for elk permits in Wyoming, Arizona and (occasionally) Montana, as well as here in New Mexico. I have been applying as a resident here in New Mexico for 22 years and have drawn exactly three permits. I admit that I put in for the quality hunts that are hard to draw. The Colorado regulations ensure that I will draw an either-sex permit for that White River hunt each year. In addition, the costs for the Colorado tag and the travel involved are by far the most economical option for an out-of-state hunt.

In short, I can't imagine not hunting with my Colorado friends each year as long as I am able. It doesn't cost me that much. The total outlay for my participation in that hunt is significantly less than $1,000. I can forgo my summer fishing trips which account for most of the dollars that I contribute Colorado's economy these days. I guess that I will continue to enjoy my ten days in the mountains of Rio Blanco County each fall...
Posted By: PaulDaisy Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/15/13
Unfortunately I think that there are so many people around that nobody will ever notice a boycott by a few hunters. There are always another 1,000 of them coming in from elsewhere.
We are in the noise. But this should not stop us from acting, I too sent letter to the lawmakers (which I have not done in the past). At least gives me the right to say "they did it despite my protests".
Posted By: Hunt41Ram Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/15/13
Originally Posted by high_country_
Originally Posted by Hunt41Ram

Till they get stopped with that hi capacity magazine in their pistol, or the 10-22......Then the party is over.

I don't think there will be much concern about stopping out of state hunters with high capacity magazines. This is about control of Colorado residents...not paying tourists that visit and leave.
Posted By: leemar28 Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/15/13
Boycotting Colorado isent the anser. Outfitters,lodges, Mom&Pop stores, gunshops etc. Those people are in the same boat. Cut them off and how will they raise $$ to fight this ? We need to Boycott those that are in favor of this kind of legislation.
Do some research on Colorado's state legislators. What do they have their fingers into? Find this out and go after them.
We need to stick together on this!
Posted By: taylorce1 Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/15/13
Originally Posted by guy57
Can't blame folks for being pissed at being taken over by the liberal overflow. I wonder how many Col. members the NRA has, just askin? We really ALL need to stand together.

Three life members in my household, I'd be sending them GOA and RMGO more money if I wasn't on a temporary furlough.
Posted By: guy57 Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/16/13
Agreed we can only do what we each can afford. I wish we could boycott the government and not the good folks in business. We are going to be applying for elk tags in a few days and our group has very mixed feelings about Col. now. Just a bad deal.

Guy
Posted By: leftycarbon Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/16/13
Hunters boycoting Co. will only hurt the people that are the supporters of gun rights. Ranchers, guides and folks in small towns. Libtards in Denver and Boulder could care less if every hunter stayed out of Colorado. Hell they held a candil light vigil and funeral for a elk shot by Boulder police. If skiers and recreation people stop comming that might be noticed.

Lefty C
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/16/13
Hunters boycoting Co. will only hurt the people that are the supporters of gun rights.

I thought tag money went into the general fund for the [bleep] to spend?
Posted By: cobrad Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/16/13
Never would have believed this would come to pass in my beloved Colorado. It is a sad day. The crazy [bleep] on the east slope are from a different place, it only bears the same name. I've written letters, sent money, passed on the emails. The liberal east slope government doesn't care about the voice of it's constituency. We have been ignored. Let the voters speak at the next election, but don't forget the vast majority of our population is front range liberals. I would leave, but my family and history is here, along with grandkids my wife won't move away from. I've already suggested Wyoming, it's just a few more hours away.
I love this state, but despise the sorry excuse for a government we have. I also urged all of our legislators to throw out those east coast bums that came here to manipulate our state government, but there are too few law makers with balls enough to stand up, use their own head, and do the right thing.
Posted By: Tanner Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/16/13
Well put Brad.... ya' nailed it. It sounds like we're in the same boat... I don't want to leave this beautiful place, but first chance I get, you can bet Wyoming is the place.

It breaks my heart to see our great state desecrated by a radically liberal agenda, leaving countless hunters and overall outdoorsmen like ourselves feeling absolutely ashamed. Kind of puts a guy at a loss for words really... there's nothing to express what we've become.
Posted By: BeanMan Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/16/13
Brad and Tanner, I'm right here with you. Us folks on the western Slope are outvoted and outspent by the large populations of the Front Range. If I could pull up and go I might head to Wyo, but my home, Wife, Family, and job are all here in the Grand Valley. And that's pretty hard to walk away from. Makes me sick to be sure.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/16/13
I agree, a boycott by hunters and outdoors men will only hurt the local folks who are in the same boat we are in. Any links to the legislation so us "flat landers" can take a look at what may be coming ?

FWIW, it ain't just Colorado. We have similar microcosm of what you are experiencing in Colorado, here in North Central KY, 40 miles south of Cincinnati. Used to be 95% agricultural, cattle, hay, tobacco. Over the past 20 years, many folks have moved south out of the suburbs into the county to "get away" from all the city nonsense. AS soon as they run for elected office, they turn around and start enacting all of the inane laws they moved here to get away from...
Posted By: Huntinut Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/16/13
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Any links to the legislation so us "flat landers" can take a look at what may be coming ?

You see all of the legislation here
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/16/13
Huntinut, Thanks for the link. Looks like a sucky situation. I feel for you guys...
Posted By: model70man Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/16/13
I have 14 PPs and can get the 15th this year. Do you Colorado folks think it would be a hassle for me when I get to go?
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/16/13
Originally Posted by leemar28
Boycotting Colorado isent the anser. Outfitters,lodges, Mom&Pop stores, gunshops etc. Those people are in the same boat. Cut them off and how will they raise $$ to fight this ? We need to Boycott those that are in favor of this kind of legislation.
Do some research on Colorado's state legislators. What do they have their fingers into? Find this out and go after them.
We need to stick together on this!

Well maybe the locals will pay more attention to who they elect.
Posted By: BeanMan Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/17/13
Originally Posted by model70man
I have 14 PPs and can get the 15th this year. Do you Colorado folks think it would be a hassle for me when I get to go?

No, as much as I dislike the new laws they do not effect big game hunters.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/17/13
as long as they check their guns at the border, first....
Posted By: 4th_point Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/17/13
Sorry to hear about the situation in CO.

My wife is from CO, and all the in-laws still live there. I thought for sure that OR had more liberal whack jobs, but apparently not.

Just got this via e-mail:

Outdoor Channel Blacklists Colorado Over Gun Control Laws

(GunAuction.com) � The Outdoor Channel, a very popular cable network for hunters, fishermen and outdoors type people, has notified the Colorado Senate Republican Caucus that they are prepared to pull all of their productions out of the state if the anti-gun laws are passed. Currently, the Outdoor Channel has four cable program series being produced in Colorado, including their most popular program �Gun Stories.�

Michael Bane, executive producer and host of Outdoor Channel, sent an email to State Sen. Steve King (R-Grand Junction) stating in part:

�This morning I met with my three Producers, and we made the decision that if these antigun bills become law, we will be moving all of our production OUT of Colorado. We have already cancelled a scheduled filming session for late this month. Obviously, part of this is due to our own commitment to the right to keep and bear arms, but it also reflects 3 lawyers� opinions that these laws are so poorly drafted and so designed to trap otherwise legal citizens into a crime (one of our attorneys referred to them as �flypaper laws�) that it is simply too dangerous for us to film here.�

�I can give you chapter and verse on the legal implications if you need, but suffice to say that the first legal opinion was so scary we went out and got two others. Al three attorneys agreed.�

�We are relatively small potatoes in television, but our relocation of production will cost Colorado a little less than a million dollars in 2013.�

�Secondly, we have proudly promoted Colorado in our productions (and have been moving more and more production into the state); now we will do exactly the opposite. What does this mean for Colorado? The community of television producers is a small one. Last week I had lunch with a major network producer who was looking to locate his new reality series in Colorado. That producer is also a shooter, and the new reality series will now be based out of Phoenix. That lunch cost Colorado over a million in economic impact.

�Thirdly, according to numbers I received from the National Shooting Sports Foundation yesterday, hunting had an almost $800,000,000 impact on Colorado in 2012, driving as many as 8330 jobs. Next month I will be in Texas meeting with most of the top outdoor/hunting producers, and the Number One agenda item will be Colorado. Already, hunting organizations and statewide hunting clubs around the country are pulling out of Colorado, and we expect this trend to accelerate rapidly.�

�The message we will take to our viewers and listeners is that these proposed laws are so dangerous to hunters and any other person, be she a fisherman or a skier who brings a handgun into the state for self-defense, that we cannot recommend hunting, fishing or visiting Colorado. We reach millions of people, and, quite frankly, we have credibility that Colorado government officials can no longer match. Colorado Division of Wildlife is already running ads trying to bring more out-of-state hunters to Colorado�in light of the flood of negative publicity about these proposed laws, I can assure you those ads will fail.�

Read the complete letter here:

http://coloradosenatenews.com/Downloads/MichaelBane.pdf

Posted By: cobrad Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/17/13
We need all the bad press and loss of revenue we can get. It seems logic doesn't move our legislators here, maybe money or the loss of their jobs will.
Take a look at this. We need this kind of courage, determination, and loyalty to the constitution in every state.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...re-passes-gun-control-nullification-bill
Posted By: sharps4590 Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/17/13
I saw this coming 20 years ago and I am not so prescient that I had to be the only one. Not just the gun control part but it follows part and parcel with what was happening on the front slope with the influx of leftists. When Colorado went after the trappers I wrote off the state. I haven't been there since 1986 except to pass through once or twice.

When we made our move out west it was to Wyoming. Unfortunately it didn't work out and we returned to Missouri. It was absolutely no reflection on Wyoming, the people or the climate. Blood is thicker than water and for me holds my allegiance more than where I wanted to live. Aging parents didn't require a move back but demanded it.
Posted By: Alamosa Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/17/13
I don't know much about the house but I do follow the senate more closely.
Some of these districts, like Boulder and Denver, are very liberal and they are always going to elect the furthest left candidate from any choice they have.

There are 5 senators or so that are far to the left of their constituents in their respective districts. I believe retiring these senators are where real improvement could be made in 2014.

John Morse - Colorado Springs
Angela Giron - Pueblo
Gail Schwartz - Snowmass
Mary Hodge - Brighton
Linda Newell - Littleton

http://coloradosenate.org/home/directory/member-directory
Posted By: Bighorn Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/17/13
Originally Posted by Alamosa
I don't know much about the house but I do follow the senate more closely.
Some of these districts, like Boulder and Denver, are very liberal and they are always going to elect the furthest left candidate from any choice they have.

There are 5 senators or so that are far to the left of their constituents in their respective districts. I believe retiring these senators are where real improvement could be made in 2014.

John Morse - Colorado Springs
Angela Giron - Pueblo
Gail Schwartz - Snowmass
Mary Hodge - Brighton
Linda Newell - Littleton

http://coloradosenate.org/home/directory/member-directory

I believe that Angela Giron and John Morse in particular have seriously misrepresented their constituencies, and failed to listen to the people they represent. Time will tell, as in the next election cycle.
Posted By: Blackbrush Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/19/13
Sorry CO brothers. You need to get your house in order. It has only gotten worse with me spending my money there over the years. Don't tell me I'm making it worse by going elsewhere. My withdrawal from the economy is my only way to "vote" in that state. Accumulated CO points are safe for 10yrs. I'm not spending another dime there until it's "right".

I urge all to vote with their voices, ballots and dollars and to also support others that do likewise - like Magpul.
Posted By: willowcreek1996 Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/19/13
While I understand the need to make our voices heard as hunters, sportsmen and gun owners, I don't think that walking away from colorado hunting is the answer. Walking away from hunting might be the next step in helping the people that pushed the anti gun legislation through, push some sort of anti hunting legislation through. I don't claim to have the answer, but I don't think that boycotting hunting in Colorado is it.

Maybe everyone needs to ski elsewhere, host business meetings elsewhere, buy mexican weed and Anheuser Busch products.
Posted By: BeanMan Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/20/13
Willowcreek, we've got a AB brewery just North of Fort Collins, CO. Better boycott another beer.
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/20/13
Originally Posted by willowcreek1996
While I understand the need to make our voices heard as hunters, sportsmen and gun owners, I don't think that walking away from colorado hunting is the answer. Walking away from hunting might be the next step in helping the people that pushed the anti gun legislation through, push some sort of anti hunting legislation through. I don't claim to have the answer, but I don't think that boycotting hunting in Colorado is it.

Maybe everyone needs to ski elsewhere, host business meetings elsewhere, buy mexican weed and Anheuser Busch products.

I largely agree. Unfortunately industries that deserve to feel the pinch will continue to be supported by the Subaru driving liberals who've taken over the once great state.
Posted By: Blackbrush Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/20/13
The opposition will not respond to reason or touchy feely approaches. Win or lose? People need to act swiftly and decisively.
Posted By: Alamosa Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/20/13
The gang of Democratic legislators, mostly far-left, female Obama worshippers from Denver metro area, would like nothing better than to see the firearms and hunting segments of the economy boycotted.

What they would really hate is if their favorite Starbucks closed or their Subaru dealership was shut down, or of their local organic food market were boycotted.
Posted By: jryoung Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/20/13
What they would really hate is if their favorite Starbucks closed or their Subaru dealership was shut down, or of their local organic food market were boycotted.

Too bad they don't realize hunting is the original, local, free range, organic.
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/20/13
The gang of Democratic legislators, mostly far-left, female Obama worshippers from Denver metro area, would like nothing better than to see the firearms and hunting segments of the economy boycotted.

Starbucks is one of the good guys AFAIC.............but I know what you meant. wink
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/20/13
https://www.change.org/petitions/colorado-residents-who-support-our-rights-recall-john-hickenlooper
Posted By: cobrad Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/21/13
I signed it and emailed it on. You should too.
Posted By: 1ElkHunter Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/21/13

I see them here everyday.....

During the last Presidential election, the incumbent's signs littered many lawns in my neighborhood (which also had Subaru's in driveway....). I felt like I was on a daily E-n-E behind enemy lines (still do actually).
Posted By: PaulDaisy Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/22/13
I hope I am not catching myself profiling but I have noticed that 4 times out of 5 when I get cut off by an SUV driven by a cell phone talking driver, when riding a bike, I see an Obama sticker on its bumper.
Seems to indicate the general lack of respect for others in those supporting removal of rights of others.
Sucks, folks. My job is here, and it is beautiful. I guess beautiful attracts them bleeding heart liberals.
Posted By: Marc Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/22/13
Is it safe to drive a Subaru when I am elk hunting? Maybe I better put NRA stickers all over it?
Posted By: exbiologist Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/22/13
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Hunters boycoting Co. will only hurt the people that are the supporters of gun rights.

No, it goes into the game cash fund. Legislators can't touch it.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/22/13
NRA stickers on a subaru might be a good idea but I don't think they will stick.
Posted By: Alamosa Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/22/13
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
NRA stickers on a subaru might be a good idea but I don't think they will stick.

LOL grin

There was a time when I though the Kerry/Edwards stickers came standard.
Posted By: 30338 Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/22/13
Edwards. There was a classy libtard.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/22/13
Originally Posted by exbiologist
Originally Posted by watch4bear

No, it goes into the game cash fund. Legislators can't touch it.

Exb

That is true but they just cut from the general funding. That's what they did with the lotto money the DOW got money from lotto but less from the general fund. It was a typical political bait and switch that the lotto was going to be used for more wildlife programs.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/22/13
As I understand it,which might be wrong,but the money goes into the general fund,but is ear marked.Then the DOW must submit a budgtet and request that money bac. They do not necessarily get it all back.
Posted By: Whiptail Re: Boycott Colorado - 06/11/13

Colo. officials aren�t seeing hunter boycott
By Associated Press on Tue, Jun 11, 2013
POSTED: 6:27 am

GUNNISON, Colo. (AP) � Colorado wildlife officials say they see no signs hunters across the country are boycotting Colorado because of new laws meant to curtail gun violence.

So far this year, big game applications have increased by 18,000 over the number in 2012. Colorado Parks and Wildlife processed 469,000 applications this spring, compared with 451,000 applications submitted in 2012.

Those figures do not necessarily forecast the number of hunters in the field this fall, because it doesn�t include over-the-counter licenses available for purchase in many places to in-state and out-of-state hunters.

Hunters and gun rights activists are upset because new Colorado laws require background checks for private and online gun sales and limit ammunition magazines to 15 rounds in response to recent mass shootings.
Posted By: Alamosa Re: Boycott Colorado - 06/11/13
I suspect that the accountants for Colorado Parks and Wildlife may not agree with that assessment.

I don't think just big game application totals would be a necessarilly significant statistic.
I think that numbers of non-resident apps would paint a more accurate picture. Non-residents have a lot of choices and the CWP makes a lot more money off each non-res tag.

I would expect that in-state hunters would somewhat fill the void and buy those available tags but providing far less revenue to Colorado. That doesn't even take into account how much additional $ non-res hunters spend in gas, food, lodging, supplies, and so on.

I suspect that the overall economic health of the country also influences tag sales numbers. I believe there is, generally, probably a little more disposable income compared to the previous year.
Posted By: 30338 Re: Boycott Colorado - 06/11/13
Strange, article in Denver Post today says they are having to cut budget by 5% and fee increases are on the horizon. Sure hope they can buy some more new pickups still.

Guess no one knows till fall if the OTC folks will show up or not. Applications do not equate to increased license sales.
Posted By: roper Re: Boycott Colorado - 06/11/13
I suspect that the accountants for Colorado Parks and Wildlife may not agree with that assessment.

I don't think just big game application totals would be a necessarilly significant statistic.
I think that numbers of non-resident apps would paint a more accurate picture. Non-residents have a lot of choices and the CWP makes a lot more money off each non-res tag.

I would expect that in-state hunters would somewhat fill the void and buy those available tags but providing far less revenue to Colorado. That doesn't even take into account how much additional $ non-res hunters spend in gas, food, lodging, supplies, and so on.

I suspect that the overall economic health of the country also influences tag sales numbers. I believe there is, generally, probably a little more disposable income compared to the previous year.

The 2013 draw summary are out and for elk 75,484 non resident applied and drew 28,829 elk tag. For 2012 74,988 non resident applied and 28,001 drew elk tags. I'm sure some non resident hoped for a boycott so improve their chances on the draw.
Posted By: The_Yetti Re: Boycott Colorado - 06/12/13
I'm proud to be from the County whose Sheriff is leading the fight against the unConstitutional new laws and has filed a lawsuit against the state. He has also stated that he will not enforce any of the laws in the county.
Posted By: greentimber Re: Boycott Colorado - 06/12/13
I love Colorado and have enjoyed my hunting trips and visits there with friends. I don't plan to go back until the BS gun laws are removed. I regret the situation and hope the Sheriffs are successful in removing the nonsense.
Posted By: slammer Re: Boycott Colorado - 06/12/13
Yes no doubt it's a tough call for non-residents. You can boycott and possibly send a message but who is it going to hurt? For the most part, the people that voted for the gun restrictions are the politicians that represent the big city liberals. These politicians, and many of their constituents, don't like guns and many of them don't like hunting either. They couldn't care less about the money generated by the hunting industry and will no doubt enjoy it when less people show up to kill the poor innocent animals that roam the plains and mountains. On the flip side, the rural conservatives that are pro-gun and pro-hunting and rely on hunters buying services and supplies will feel the pinch. It would also put a bind on Parks and Wildlife budget wise and once again these folks have nothing to do with the passage of the ridiculous gun laws.

Looking at it in a selfish manner, less non-residents will mean less competition for us residents this fall but at a cost to many other fellow conservatives that rely on NR revenue to pay their bills.

Let's hope John Morse and Angela Giron both get the boot and the sheriffs win their lawsuit. Things are a mess and some fixing needs to take place.
Posted By: MileHighShooter Re: Boycott Colorado - 06/12/13
On this topic of Libs hating guns and many of them hunters...have any of you residents seen the latest add campaign by the DOW? Hug a Hunter? They're showing shots of wilderness and wildlife, panning back and forth between a hiker and a hunter, talking about how all the hunting money goes into supporting nature here and it wouldn't BE there if it weren't for hunters. In the end the hiker comes up and hugs a surprised hunter lol Nice to see them making an effort to remind people it is US to thank for the money to make the CO outdoors the way it is
Posted By: slammer Re: Boycott Colorado - 06/12/13
I have seen those tv ads - great PR for sportsmen. You would be amazed at the number of non-hunters and antis that think they pay taxes for wildlife conservation. They have no idea it's hunters, trappers and anglers that foot the bill. Speaking of trapping that was another huge loss for Colorado sportsmen but that's a very old story, along with the loss of spring bear hunting.
Posted By: greentimber Re: Boycott Colorado - 06/14/13
I'm not boycotting CO as much as I'm avoiding the laws. Several things in the new laws are pretty onerous when it comes to interactions with LE and guns. I don't intend to be the test case.
Posted By: Bighorn Re: Boycott Colorado - 06/14/13
Originally Posted by greentimber
I'm not boycotting CO as much as I'm avoiding the laws. Several things in the new laws are pretty onerous when it comes to interactions with LE and guns. I don't intend to be the test case.

Signatures on recall petitions for two of our Colorado senators are being counted by the S of S, as we speak-

If Sens. Morse and Giron are put on the ballot for recall, and successfully unseated, look for Gov. Chickenlooper to be next. The voters of Colorado have not yet spoken on this issue.....
Posted By: smokepole Re: Boycott Colorado - 06/14/13
Originally Posted by MileHighShooter
In the end the hiker comes up and hugs a surprised hunter lol Nice to see them making an effort to remind people it is US to thank for the money to make the CO outdoors the way it is

Not surprising to me at all. When I'm hiking the October backcountry, orange vest-clad with rifle in hand, I get stopped all the time by hikers who just want to give me a big hug.

Mostly it's women in short shorts and halter tops.
Posted By: CFVA Re: Boycott Colorado - 06/14/13
Originally Posted by smokepole

Mostly it's women in short shorts and halter tops.

Need a hunting partner?
Posted By: smokepole Re: Boycott Colorado - 06/14/13
Sorry, but I know you'e a general firearms season hunter and this only happens during the muzzleloader season. Chicks love big bores.
© 24hourcampfire