Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
FPC Offline OP
OP Offline
F
The minute Colorado Gov. Hickenlooper signs this Gun Control Bill the boycott of Colorado will begin! Yes Hick, you will be signing the demise of Colorado revenue just satisfy you liberal base. Every Vacationer, RV'er, and conference booker should remove Colorado from their future plans! Tomorrow morning I will send out 8000 emails to make sure this is the last State supporters of The U.S. Constitution should visit for any reason!!!!

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good luck with that...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Brad
Good luck with that...

I thought you sold your 30-06 84L and kept the 270?

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by FPC
The minute Colorado Gov. Hickenlooper signs this Gun Control Bill the boycott of Colorado will begin! Yes Hick, you will be signing the demise of Colorado revenue just satisfy you liberal base. Every Vacationer, RV'er, and conference booker should remove Colorado from their future plans! Tomorrow morning I will send out 8000 emails to make sure this is the last State supporters of The U.S. Constitution should visit for any reason!!!!

Are you a Colorado resident?

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
All the limpwristed front range hippies are begging for gun control, when they're not having a candle light vigil for a dead elk.

They can keep their TOMS shoes, fixie bikes, men's capri pants, and gun control.

Silly Greenies, Guns arent for hippies...

IC B2

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I've actuall started to plug this info in deciding which state to start building up preference points. Why plan to do that in a state that looks like it's headed toward gun restrictions. I think I'll look toward states that are moving in the direction of protecting gun rights.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by darcytribe7
I've actuall started to plug this info in deciding which state to start building up preference points. Why plan to do that in a state that looks like it's headed toward gun restrictions. I think I'll look toward states that are moving in the direction of protecting gun rights.

Try Arizona and Nevada, if you're truly interested in building points for hunt in pursuit of an inordinately large bull elk.

F
FPC Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Yes, have been a CO resident for more than 35 years. Now that this liberal backpack rathole has become Weed Central Colofornia, I'm selling everything I own and voting with my feet to Wyoming , Montana or Idaho...where the Constitution still has meaning.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
FPC... Are you a Colorado resident or not.... You sure were Mouthy to start this thread!!! Believe me, none of us here in this wonderful state are pleased with what's going on.... Most of the time you can't fight City Hall!!!

Just Sayin....

I take a lickin', and SOMEHOW, Keep On Tickin'!!!! smile
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by JWP58
All the limpwristed front range hippies are begging for gun control, when they're not having a candle light vigil for a dead elk.

They can keep their TOMS shoes, fixie bikes, men's capri pants, and gun control.

Silly Greenies, Guns arent for hippies...

I bet you wrangerlers & a white shirt with cut off sleeves... dont you.

For I am not ashamed
IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Can't blame folks for being pissed at being taken over by the liberal overflow. I wonder how many Col. members the NRA has, just askin? We really ALL need to stand together.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Already told them my rig packs enough fuel to make it clear across the state. I'll do my best to assure they don't get a dime from me.

Last edited by 1minute; 03/11/13.

1Minute
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I don't thik there will be an effective boycott in Colorado this fall. Too many hunters from out of state can come here...hunt....go back home and forget about Colorado. As for me....I am looking at homes out of state to get out of here as soon as I can. The political climate in Colorado won't change anytime soon...at least not soon enough for me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would like to know what has the NRA done about Colorado? I have sent probably 50 letters to all of the senators and representatives. I really haven't seen the NRA do anything. I expected them to be more visible. If the politic climate doesn't change quick I will be looking for a new home after 33 years. I moved here because it was a good place to hunt. Now there are too many restricts.

Time spent hunting is not deducted from one's lifetime.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by DayPacker
I would like to know what has the NRA done about Colorado? I have sent probably 50 letters to all of the senators and representatives. I really haven't seen the NRA do anything. I expected them to be more visible. If the politic climate doesn't change quick I will be looking for a new home after 33 years. I moved here because it was a good place to hunt. Now there are too many restricts.

Realistically, why would the NRA care??? They've increased their revenue by leaps and bounds in the past three months, which means their probably more than happy with our current political climate. OR they're too busy attempting to BUY OFF the corrupt politicians in D.C.

And no, Im not a fan of the NRA. Buying off these people will not solve our problem, as the people really running the show doesnt need the cash...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hunt41Ram
I don't thik there will be an effective boycott in Colorado this fall. Too many hunters from out of state can come here...hunt....go back home and forget about Colorado. As for me....I am looking at homes out of state to get out of here as soon as I can. The political climate in Colorado won't change anytime soon...at least not soon enough for me.

Till they get stopped with that hi capacity magazine in their pistol, or the 10-22......Then the party is over.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I would like to know what has the NRA done about Colorado?

Did hickenpooper already make it law?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
personally I think a boycott would have an effect, but not on those most responsible.

There is a group of leftist state senators, mostly from the Denver metro area, with their heads so far up they don't care who gets hurt.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am a bit conflicted over this. My primary elk hunt these days is a private land only hunt in the White River country. Camp attendance runs between three and six, depending on the obligations of my hunting partners. I am the only nonresident who is invited to this annual get-together and have been faithfully attending since 1997.

In years past, I usually applied for elk permits in Wyoming, Arizona and (occasionally) Montana, as well as here in New Mexico. I have been applying as a resident here in New Mexico for 22 years and have drawn exactly three permits. I admit that I put in for the quality hunts that are hard to draw. The Colorado regulations ensure that I will draw an either-sex permit for that White River hunt each year. In addition, the costs for the Colorado tag and the travel involved are by far the most economical option for an out-of-state hunt.

In short, I can't imagine not hunting with my Colorado friends each year as long as I am able. It doesn't cost me that much. The total outlay for my participation in that hunt is significantly less than $1,000. I can forgo my summer fishing trips which account for most of the dollars that I contribute Colorado's economy these days. I guess that I will continue to enjoy my ten days in the mountains of Rio Blanco County each fall...

Last edited by mudhen; 03/15/13.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Unfortunately I think that there are so many people around that nobody will ever notice a boycott by a few hunters. There are always another 1,000 of them coming in from elsewhere.
We are in the noise. But this should not stop us from acting, I too sent letter to the lawmakers (which I have not done in the past). At least gives me the right to say "they did it despite my protests".

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 2,466 guests, and 1,341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,446
Posts18,470,944
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.