Home
Looking for some information on the 4th Rifle season in GMU 62 for Cow Elk. I've heard road conditions can be miserable there, but am looking for areas to focus on. I've been there for first season but not for fourth. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Elk.
First item on your gear list.

Chains
smile Done. Next?
Elk
hunt down low they are down low by this time of year Normally. I drew either sex 62 tag for 4th this year. that's where I will be.
Thanks Codave101. I thought that they would likely be in the BLM and low forest areas. Any suggestions beyond that?
Thanks again,
Elk
It's going to depend on the weather. They sure weren't low around here last year for 4th season.
we found them in the cedars on the south end of the unit last year but you are right the wheather did not bring them down the hunting pressure did.
I drew 4th season either sex elk in 62 as well, Best bet is the cedars on the south end. The weather is ALWAYS a crap shoot, some years more snow than others!
Yeah, I understand that the weather at the time will play a big part of what will happen. Thanks to all for your input. I'll probably see you out there. Good luck on all your draws this year and have a good Memorial Day.
Elk
It was dry in the lower part of 62 today, we saw a few cows but no bulls.
Thanks BeanMan. Sorry you didn't see any bulls. For several years now I have gone with a cow tag - I alredy have some nice horns on the wall and think the cows taste better anyway. If you're willing to share, please send me a PM on where you were seeing the cows. I have several places higher up for the earlier seasons I have seen them in the past; however, late season and lower down is not something I know much about and the weather may keep me from getting to the areas I know.
Thanks
Elk
© 24hourcampfire