Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
Looking for some information on the 4th Rifle season in GMU 62 for Cow Elk. I've heard road conditions can be miserable there, but am looking for areas to focus on. I've been there for first season but not for fourth. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Elk.

"I won�t be wronged, I won�t be insulted, and I won�t be laid a hand on. I don�t do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." �John Wayne (John Bernard Books, The Shootist)
GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
First item on your gear list.

Chains

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
smile Done. Next?
Elk

"I won�t be wronged, I won�t be insulted, and I won�t be laid a hand on. I don�t do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." �John Wayne (John Bernard Books, The Shootist)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
hunt down low they are down low by this time of year Normally. I drew either sex 62 tag for 4th this year. that's where I will be.

If you are not America first you are america last. Be loud and proud America first.
L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
Thanks Codave101. I thought that they would likely be in the BLM and low forest areas. Any suggestions beyond that?
Thanks again,
Elk

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
It's going to depend on the weather. They sure weren't low around here last year for 4th season.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
we found them in the cedars on the south end of the unit last year but you are right the wheather did not bring them down the hunting pressure did.

Last edited by Codave101; 05/22/13.

If you are not America first you are america last. Be loud and proud America first.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I drew 4th season either sex elk in 62 as well, Best bet is the cedars on the south end. The weather is ALWAYS a crap shoot, some years more snow than others!

L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
Yeah, I understand that the weather at the time will play a big part of what will happen. Thanks to all for your input. I'll probably see you out there. Good luck on all your draws this year and have a good Memorial Day.
Elk

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
It was dry in the lower part of 62 today, we saw a few cows but no bulls.

IC B3

L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
Thanks BeanMan. Sorry you didn't see any bulls. For several years now I have gone with a cow tag - I alredy have some nice horns on the wall and think the cows taste better anyway. If you're willing to share, please send me a PM on where you were seeing the cows. I have several places higher up for the earlier seasons I have seen them in the past; however, late season and lower down is not something I know much about and the weather may keep me from getting to the areas I know.
Thanks
Elk

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

152 members (2ndwind, 300_savage, 30Gibbs, 19 invisible), 1,688 guests, and 1,031 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,756
Posts18,476,368
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.