Home
Posted By: Burleyboy AR's for the kids - 07/09/23
My kids love a little AR 16" pencil bhw 3 groove barreled one I built on aero parts years ago. They keep asking me to built them each one.

I had some sequential numbered aero m4e1 lowers that I was going to use for them but I ended up doing a 6 arc and a 223 to match on 2 of them.

I found a deal on some ballistic advantage pencil barrels so I'm thinking about ordering 3 of those tonight. However, I've had pretty good luck with PSA uppers for the money so I wonder if I should just go that route?

They're young kids and just want them lightweight but I keep wanting to go all in and build good ones that will last them until the dems take them away. I have toolcraft bcgs and ctr stocks already. I'm thinking about ordering these ballistic advantage pencil barrels and areo s-one handguards and just going for the higher end build but the psa pencil uppers on some poverty pony lowers I already have would save me some cash.

Do you think areo m4e1s are worth the extra cash for kids builds. I prefer them fir my own and am leaning that way but I've had very good luck with psa too.

Bb
Posted By: GunGeezer Re: AR's for the kids - 07/09/23
Like you I have no complaints with PSA. I'd go that route with kids, depending upon their age, they're interest, and how likely they are to be competing. Plenty of other places to use your cash (especially for kids) and you can always do a match quality build if they or one of them becomes interested in match shooting. Plus down the road, in the AR market, much easier to unload a PSA then a high end build. JMHO
Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: AR's for the kids - 07/09/23
Depending on the kids they’d probably enjoy picking out parts and helping you assemble them. Let them rattle can them. So I’d say buy parts and assemble.

If the option is BA barrel, Aero rail and receiver VS PSA and Anderson, I’d build all day long. You won’t be able to get your money back out of either.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: AR's for the kids - 07/09/23
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
My kids love a little AR 16" pencil bhw 3 groove barreled one I built on aero parts years ago. They keep asking me to built them each one.

I had some sequential numbered aero m4e1 lowers that I was going to use for them but I ended up doing a 6 arc and a 223 to match on 2 of them.

I found a deal on some ballistic advantage pencil barrels so I'm thinking about ordering 3 of those tonight. However, I've had pretty good luck with PSA uppers for the money so I wonder if I should just go that route?

They're young kids and just want them lightweight but I keep wanting to go all in and build good ones that will last them until the dems take them away. I have toolcraft bcgs and ctr stocks already. I'm thinking about ordering these ballistic advantage pencil barrels and areo s-one handguards and just going for the higher end build but the psa pencil uppers on some poverty pony lowers I already have would save me some cash.

Do you think areo m4e1s are worth the extra cash for kids builds. I prefer them fir my own and am leaning that way but I've had very good luck with psa too.

Bb
DelTon has pencil barrels for $99. They are 1/9 twist if that works for you. I'm thinking of doing the same thing.

Unbranded has good prices on parts including hand guards.

kwg
Posted By: cra1948 Re: AR's for the kids - 07/09/23
A couple of years ago my son got my 12 year old grandson a complete build kit from PSA and let him put it together in a few after school sessions in his shop. Great father-son project.
Posted By: CopperSolid Re: AR's for the kids - 07/09/23
PSA. Can't beat the price on those uppers, and their barrels are good for anyone, not just kids.
Posted By: mrfudd Re: AR's for the kids - 07/09/23
PSA-running a special now where you can get a complete M4 upper for $229 and a complete lower for $99. Really hard to beat a AR for $329
© 24hourcampfire