Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
My kids love a little AR 16" pencil bhw 3 groove barreled one I built on aero parts years ago. They keep asking me to built them each one.

I had some sequential numbered aero m4e1 lowers that I was going to use for them but I ended up doing a 6 arc and a 223 to match on 2 of them.

I found a deal on some ballistic advantage pencil barrels so I'm thinking about ordering 3 of those tonight. However, I've had pretty good luck with PSA uppers for the money so I wonder if I should just go that route?

They're young kids and just want them lightweight but I keep wanting to go all in and build good ones that will last them until the dems take them away. I have toolcraft bcgs and ctr stocks already. I'm thinking about ordering these ballistic advantage pencil barrels and areo s-one handguards and just going for the higher end build but the psa pencil uppers on some poverty pony lowers I already have would save me some cash.

Do you think areo m4e1s are worth the extra cash for kids builds. I prefer them fir my own and am leaning that way but I've had very good luck with psa too.

Bb

GB1

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Like you I have no complaints with PSA. I'd go that route with kids, depending upon their age, they're interest, and how likely they are to be competing. Plenty of other places to use your cash (especially for kids) and you can always do a match quality build if they or one of them becomes interested in match shooting. Plus down the road, in the AR market, much easier to unload a PSA then a high end build. JMHO

If things were as obvious as they initially appear . . . then men would be riding horseback sidesaddle . . . and not women. - Will Rogers
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Depending on the kids they’d probably enjoy picking out parts and helping you assemble them. Let them rattle can them. So I’d say buy parts and assemble.

If the option is BA barrel, Aero rail and receiver VS PSA and Anderson, I’d build all day long. You won’t be able to get your money back out of either.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
My kids love a little AR 16" pencil bhw 3 groove barreled one I built on aero parts years ago. They keep asking me to built them each one.

I had some sequential numbered aero m4e1 lowers that I was going to use for them but I ended up doing a 6 arc and a 223 to match on 2 of them.

I found a deal on some ballistic advantage pencil barrels so I'm thinking about ordering 3 of those tonight. However, I've had pretty good luck with PSA uppers for the money so I wonder if I should just go that route?

They're young kids and just want them lightweight but I keep wanting to go all in and build good ones that will last them until the dems take them away. I have toolcraft bcgs and ctr stocks already. I'm thinking about ordering these ballistic advantage pencil barrels and areo s-one handguards and just going for the higher end build but the psa pencil uppers on some poverty pony lowers I already have would save me some cash.

Do you think areo m4e1s are worth the extra cash for kids builds. I prefer them fir my own and am leaning that way but I've had very good luck with psa too.

Bb
DelTon has pencil barrels for $99. They are 1/9 twist if that works for you. I'm thinking of doing the same thing.

Unbranded has good prices on parts including hand guards.

kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 07/09/23.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
A couple of years ago my son got my 12 year old grandson a complete build kit from PSA and let him put it together in a few after school sessions in his shop. Great father-son project.

Mathew 22: 37-39

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
PSA. Can't beat the price on those uppers, and their barrels are good for anyone, not just kids.

Last edited by CopperSolid; 07/09/23.

Igitur quī dēsīderat pācem, præparet bellum
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
PSA-running a special now where you can get a complete M4 upper for $229 and a complete lower for $99. Really hard to beat a AR for $329

Who is John Galt?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (257 mag, 257Bob, 257_X_50, 160user, 163bc, 280ACKIMP, 60 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,787
Posts18,477,248
Members73,943
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.