Home
Posted By: Bluedreaux Memorial Day Sales - 05/15/14
There are usually some good sales around Memorial Day, I thought we should start a thread with links to what we find.

PSA has some pretty dang good deals going on right now. Three pages of uppers, some blem stripped uppers, BCGs and other stuff. Looks like you could put together a decent AR for around $600.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/15/14
man you can buy an upper with a SS barrel for $679! Don't know if the barrel is worth a hoot but its 1-8 wylde chamber. That is a really low price. Wait that is a complete kit missing only the lower receiver! $679!
Posted By: TexasChase Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/15/14
Good idea Blue
Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/15/14
Originally Posted by jimmyp
man you can buy an upper with a SS barrel for $679! Don't know if the barrel is worth a hoot but its 1-8 wylde chamber. That is a really low price. Wait that is a complete kit missing only the lower receiver! $679!

This one is $579.... http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/review/product/list/id/17232/#review-form

And they've got blem lowers for $50.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/15/14
how about optics on sale at Midway?

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?dimensionids=4294846723&newcategorydimensionid=13954

smile
Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/22/14
Foliage Magpul sale at DSG.... http://dsgarms.com/going-light-green

BCM has had blemished upper receiver groups going in and out of stock for a few days at pretty low prices too. You've gotta scroll through the page and look for the blemished stuff. http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR15-Parts-s/88.htm
Posted By: sherp Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/22/14
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

BCM has had blemished upper receiver groups going in and out of stock for a few days at pretty low prices too. You've gotta scroll through the page and look for the blemished stuff. http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR15-Parts-s/88.htm

Can't get Magpul or BCM stuff cheap enough for me to want to buy it. Their corporate policies are similar to Barrett's which means total crock of [bleep].
Posted By: TWR Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/22/14
Originally Posted by sherp
Can't get Magpul or BCM stuff cheap enough for me to want to buy it. Their corporate policies are similar to Barrett's which means total crock of [bleep].

I'm sure UTG and Tapco value your loyalty.
He's just trolling, it'll go like this...

What do you mean Sherp?
-Barrett suspended sales to LE in California because of CA gun laws.
-Magpul did the same thing with hi-cap mags.

Then it'll follow with some sort of outlandish, over-the-top statement in support of LE gunning down puppies and old ladies while confiscating their guns.
Posted By: supercrewd Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/22/14
Magpul made a lifetime customer out of me with their move.
Posted By: supercrewd Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/22/14
Originally Posted by TWR

And thats just funny!
Gen2 PMags for $8.49. Coupon code MAGCODE.

http://www.primaryarms.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=Mag571
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/22/14

What do you mean Sherp?

Then it'll follow with some sort of outlandish, over-the-top statement in support of LE gunning down puppies and old ladies while confiscating their guns.

Lol.
All we need is that guy with his "skinner" bullets to come in on the fun.

What do you mean Sherp?

Nothing over the top or outlandish.

Magpul stopped sales to any officer of a state if their state won't sell hi-cap mags to civilians. BCM did one even worse because they did like Magpul did plus they canceled a contract over their hatred of Chief Ed Flynn who likely would have become head of the FBI, ATF, or similar agency had Romney won in 2012.

Armalite is a little better. They won't sell direct to departments in those states, but they will sell to individual officers.

A gun business not selling a police officer anything they want is no different than a business saying they will not sell certain items to minorities.
Like I said.
Originally Posted by TWR

Not sure about UTG, but Tapco is owned by Remington and like most other old school gun companies(S&W, Colt, Ruger, etc) they are very subservient to the law enforcement community and have been big on voluntarily making items government sales only.
Like I said.

Like you said nothing. What did I post that was not true? Do you hate law enforcement?
Posted By: TWR Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/23/14
Ya I know Blue but sometimes you just gotta...

Troy sale 25% off with code Memorial2014
Posted By: sherp Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/23/14
Originally Posted by TWR
Ya I know Blue but sometimes you just gotta...

Troy sale 25% off with code Memorial2014

Now Troy is a great company with solid leadership and the correct values.

An officer who is opposed to gun companies wrongfully punishing police:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/thespot...ers-until-they-take-loyalty-oaths/91999/
Posted By: David_Walter Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/23/14
So, you support those of us in the Guard being able to own anything the "individual officers" cops can own, right?
Originally Posted by David_Walter
So, you support those of us in the Guard being able to own anything the "individual officers" cops can own, right?

While you are in the National Guard, yes. The Army National Guard was formed by King Charles I in 1636 and has been very helpful to police during times of need down through the years including all of the activities police were engaged in during Hurricane Katrina.
Posted By: David_Walter Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/23/14
Wait.

When I retire, I'll be a retired reserve officer.

Pretty much the same status cops used to justify retired cops carrying in all 50 states.

And you think I should give that up when you don't?

Why?
Wait.

Pretty much the same status cops used to justify retired cops carrying in all 50 states.

Why?

I am not a police officer so I am not exempt from any laws now or in the future. But yes when you retire you should get treated like everyone else. As to why, just looking at long standing laws and how well they have worked.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/23/14
Like I said.

Like you said nothing. What did I post that was not true? Do you hate law enforcement?
Bluedreaux hates all LEO's and is very anti-law enforcement. Just a heads-up. I think he might have even voted Libertarian once.
Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/23/14
More stuff from Primary Arms....

15% OFF ALL SCOPES OVER $499 USE COUPON CODE SCOPECODE
15% OFF ALL MUZZLE DEVICES USE COUPON CODE MUZZLECODE
15% OFF ALL TRIGGERS USE COUPON CODE TRIGGERCODE
15% OFF ALL COMPLETE UPPERS USE COUPON CODE UPPERCODE
MAGPUL MAG571 BLACK PMAG $8.49 USE COUPON CODE MAGCODE
15% OFF ALL BARRELS USE COUPON CODE BARRELCODE
$400 OFF ALL IN STOCK DANIEL DEFENSE RIFLES USE COUPON CODE DDEF
MAGPUL REAR SIGHT MAG278 BLACK USE COUPON CODE FLIPCODE

http://www.primaryarms.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=Mag571
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/23/14
The rumor is that Tom (Bluedreaux)) has to wear 3 inch tall lift shoes just to get to be 5 foot 7 inches tall. I have been very suprised in his interest in guns, I always thought he was part of the hollywood liberal establishment. I don't know why he does not like LEO's, maybe he knows too many of them or something.
Posted By: AH64guy Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/23/14
On topic - Quantico Tactical is having a 20% off store wide sale on May 23, 24 and 25. On those days, you will save 20% off everything* in our stores and on our website. If shopping on our website, use discount code MD2014

(*Note: Sale excludes firearms, ammunition or previously discounted items)
The rumor is that Tom (Bluedreaux)) has to wear 3 inch tall lift shoes just to get to be 5 foot 7 inches tall. I have been very suprised in his interest in guns, I always thought he was part of the hollywood liberal establishment. I don't know why he does not like LEO's, maybe he knows too many of them or something.
I've heard the 3" lifts only get him to 5'4" but his quoted height is always 5'7". He's always pictured next to little actors like Seth Green so that he looks average-sized. I boycotted that Jack Reacher movie because he was in it. It was also anti-law enforcement. I think almost all tv and movies are anti-law enforcement...except Cops. I only watch Cops now and I mute it when the commercials come on. They're all anti-law enforcement.
Didn't Bluedreaux play Bud Bundy on Married with Children?
Posted By: Take_a_knee Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/23/14
Wait.

Why?

When you wrestle(or argue) with a pig, you both get dirty, but the pig enjoys it.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
. I boycotted that Jack Reacher movie because he was in it. It was also anti-law enforcement. I think almost all tv and movies are anti-law enforcement...except Cops. I only watch Cops now and I mute it when the commercials come on. They're all anti-law enforcement.

That is exactly right. TV and the media hate police.
Posted By: TWR Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/23/14
Rainier Arms code 0526 for savings "too low to print"

Blue Force Gear use 20MEMORIAL for 20% off
Posted By: tjkanavel Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/25/14

Thanks! Just spent a bit of money on some new Foliage furniture I've been eyeing.
Posted By: Coyote_Hunter Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/25/14

Magpul stopped sales to any officer of a state if their state won't sell hi-cap mags to civilians. ...

A gun business not selling a police officer anything they want is no different than a business saying they will not sell certain items to minorities.

As a Colorado resident, I fully support their decision to move to Wyoming in protest of Colorado's new magazine laws.

I also fully support their decision not to sell their products to anyone in a state where they are prohibited to civilians.

And no, I don't hate law enforcement.
Posted By: boatboy Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/25/14
Freedommunitions has free shipping
their stock is a bit limited at this time but a good source for plinkin ammo

Hank
Posted By: sherp Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/25/14
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter

Magpul stopped sales to any officer of a state if their state won't sell hi-cap mags to civilians. ...

As a Colorado resident, I fully support their decision to move to Wyoming in protest of Colorado's new magazine laws.

I also fully support their decision not to sell their products to anyone in a state where they are prohibited to civilians.

And no, I don't hate law enforcement.

Apparently you do hate police because you want a private company cheating them out of their special priveleges.
Posted By: MallardAddict Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/26/14

Apparently you do hate police because you want a private company cheating them out of their special priveleges.

Are you serious with that statement? You state your not an LEO but that you feel they "deserve" special privileges.

I work with LEO daily and they certainly appreciate any discounts they get but I do not know a single one that thinks they "deserve" anything that Joe citizen doesn't. I also get those discounts due to my job and am thankful but don't expect same.

In fact I have never seen an "LEO" discount that was reserved only for police. Everyone I have ever seen also includes military, fire depts and ems among a few others. Career, reserve, volunteer or retired it matters not as long as you have an proper ID card.

Hell most of the LEO I know and work with advocate national carry for all CCW.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/26/14
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Didn't Bluedreaux play Bud Bundy on Married with Children?

Yes Bluedreaux was cast as young Bud Bundy...

[Linked Image]

Sherp you and I ain't gonna fix a corporate decision not to sell to this entity or that entity. Magpul's is a business decision levied against a bunch of liberal politicians who thrive on the voting decisions of emotional low I.Q. voters. Sadly we are witnessing the slow deliberate destruction of the republic from within and folks like you and I will soon be gone the way of the dinosaur. In the mean time there are other venders for the Colorado police to choose from so they are not being denied something essential and critical to their survival.

Now let's talk about more realistic stupidity like when do we expect the dollar to fail, the stock markets to fail, why is homeland security buying trillions of rounds of ammunition, where is the 22 long rifle ammunition, and the Varget rifle powder!

Finally don't you think that China knows that a single EMP over the east coast would have the country reduced to cannibalism in 10 days!
Posted By: Remy Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/26/14
Aimpoint Pro 369.99 shipped at PSA. I couldn't resist any longer.
Posted By: sherp Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/26/14
Originally Posted by MallardAddict

Are you serious with that statement? You state your not an LEO but that you feel they "deserve" special privileges.

I work with LEO daily and they certainly appreciate any discounts they get but I do not know a single one that thinks they "deserve" anything that Joe citizen doesn't. I also get those discounts due to my job and am thankful but don't expect same.

In fact I have never seen an "LEO" discount that was reserved only for police. Everyone I have ever seen also includes military, fire depts and ems among a few others. Career, reserve, volunteer or retired it matters not as long as you have an proper ID card.

Hell most of the LEO I know and work with advocate national carry for all CCW.

See plenty that are LE only and yes I do support it.

Not in to special priveleges? Where the hell do you live that cops give each other and their spouses traffic tickets?
Posted By: sherp Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/26/14
Sherp you and I ain't gonna fix a corporate decision not to sell to this entity or that entity. Magpul's is a business decision levied against a bunch of liberal politicians who thrive on the voting decisions of emotional low I.Q. voters. Sadly we are witnessing the slow deliberate destruction of the republic from within and folks like you and I will soon be gone the way of the dinosaur. In the mean time there are other venders for the Colorado police to choose from so they are not being denied something essential and critical to their survival.

Now let's talk about more realistic stupidity like when do we expect the dollar to fail, the stock markets to fail, why is homeland security buying trillions of rounds of ammunition, where is the 22 long rifle ammunition, and the Varget rifle powder!

Finally don't you think that China knows that a single EMP over the east coast would have the country reduced to cannibalism in 10 days!

Magpul is attacking police, not politicians.

Doubt China would do that. Why would they want to shoot the cow and leave it to rot when they can keep breeding and milking it.
well boo hoo I guess, I continue to support magpul and I am not anti-police. I believe Tom Cruise is a Po-lice person, maybe some others that post here, I think he still buys them magpuls.
Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/27/14
He's just trolling.
Posted By: sherp Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/27/14
He's just trolling.

Not in the least.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/27/14
I agree, we get these drive by's from time to time.
Posted By: Timbo Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/28/14

Not in to special priveleges? Where the hell do you live that cops give each other and their spouses traffic tickets?

Good point. The cops I know drive at any speed they want while off duty, eat free or discounted at many restaurants, and generally use the uniform to their full advantage. One bragged to me that he's never been denied hunting permission form anyone he's asked......in his uniform. He's even been made a "due free" member of several local hunt clubs. After all, you scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours.
Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/28/14
Originally Posted by Timbo

Good point. The cops I know drive at any speed they want while off duty, eat free or discounted at many restaurants, and generally use the uniform to their full advantage. One bragged to me that he's never been denied hunting permission form anyone he's asked......in his uniform. He's even been made a "due free" member of several local hunt clubs. After all, you scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours.

That's a great Memorial Day sale. Thanks for the heads up! I ordered two!
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/28/14
Timbo and Sherp what a pair!
Posted By: sherp Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/29/14
Timbo and Sherp what a pair!

Sounds like we both support special priveleges for police alright. I see mallard hasn't came back to prove me wrong. cool
Posted By: AH64guy Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/29/14
After the fact, but a darn cheap price for an AR.

Currently sold out, looks like they sold in under two hours.

They do have an alert for new stock.

http://grabagun.com/century-arms-dpms-ar-15-5-56-16-refrub.html
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/29/14
$439 for a complete rifle! Regardless of who makes it that is a good deal.
Posted By: MallardAddict Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/30/14
Sherp I live and work in Pierce County in Wa state. Yeah my LEO buddies will use discounts given to them but don't expect them or bitch about not getting one. As to speeding off duty that doesn't happen either. A lot of our LEO's have small bear stickers on their POV to identify themselves and I've seen plenty pulled over in traffic stops or with parking tickets. Maybe in your part do the world they get away with this but not in mine.

Our police chiefs demand their employees follow the law or pay the price. In fact many of the local departments do not allow their officers to accept any kind of food or services discounts or face discipline.

Washington State Patrol, Pierce County Sheriffs, King County Sheriffs, City of Lakewood and City of Puyallup off the top of my head as I have friends at all of them.

Also as i said aound here we don't have "LEO" discounts, they are first responder and military discounts given to many professions alike. Never saw one locally or on the net that was reserved for just Leo whether food, guns or other products if a guy was to look into them. Be curious to see you post a few verifiable examples that were only for LEO.

I fully support giving back to those who serve the people regardless of job title and I myself am a public servant but I sure don't feel its a "right" nor does any others I know.

Around here the law is the law and noone acts above it for long or it gets expensive.

Is there law enforcement officers who abuse their privileges? Absolutely as well all know but the same can be said for some firefighters, military, EMS, lawyers, elected officials etc etc etc..... fact is it would be foolish to claim they are anything but the minority.

As for your Magpul example previously they label their discount LEO/military but it really includes all first responders. I would know as I am not LEO and have used it twice with my ID. Say what you will about them but probably 90% of the LEO AR's on patrol locally will have a Magpul magazine in them so clearly they didn't lose support from those affected based on this decision.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/30/14
don't feed the troll.
Posted By: TWR Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/30/14
I bet the troll likes the Benelli ARGO system, he sounds familiar...
Posted By: sherp Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/30/14
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Sherp I live and work in Pierce County in Wa state. Yeah my LEO buddies will use discounts given to them but don't expect them or bitch about not getting one. As to speeding off duty that doesn't happen either. A lot of our LEO's have small bear stickers on their POV to identify themselves and I've seen plenty pulled over in traffic stops or with parking tickets. Maybe in your part do the world they get away with this but not in mine.

Our police chiefs demand their employees follow the law or pay the price. In fact many of the local departments do not allow their officers to accept any kind of food or services discounts or face discipline.

Washington State Patrol, Pierce County Sheriffs, King County Sheriffs, City of Lakewood and City of Puyallup off the top of my head as I have friends at all of them.

Also as i said aound here we don't have "LEO" discounts, they are first responder and military discounts given to many professions alike. Never saw one locally or on the net that was reserved for just Leo whether food, guns or other products if a guy was to look into them. Be curious to see you post a few verifiable examples that were only for LEO.

I fully support giving back to those who serve the people regardless of job title and I myself am a public servant but I sure don't feel its a "right" nor does any others I know.

Around here the law is the law and noone acts above it for long or it gets expensive.

Is there law enforcement officers who abuse their privileges? Absolutely as well all know but the same can be said for some firefighters, military, EMS, lawyers, elected officials etc etc etc..... fact is it would be foolish to claim they are anything but the minority.

As for your Magpul example previously they label their discount LEO/military but it really includes all first responders. I would know as I am not LEO and have used it twice with my ID. Say what you will about them but probably 90% of the LEO AR's on patrol locally will have a Magpul magazine in them so clearly they didn't lose support from those affected based on this decision.

Oh the LEs and EMTs and such around here tell everyone the same, but the cars with the lights sure do run off and leave the rest of the pack behind and do a lot of other things too. Not saying it is wrong here or everywhere else it is done.

Washington State doesn't currently have a mag ban against civilians. Wait till they do and see how fast Magpul turns on your friends.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Memorial Day Sales - 05/30/14
Yep its the same guy. He must have some mental illness.
© 24hourcampfire