Home
Has this trigger been discussed? I am comparing it to a G super 3 gun for about the same price. Its not for a gun that will see precision shooting, the super 3 gun is supposed to be a fast trigger, very short reset, very light 3.5 pound trigger pull. The elf is a few bucks more but I see it adjusts to 2.5 pounds. Anyone use an elftman 3 gun? Anyone use a hiperfire 24 3?
I run that trigger in my AR10. The take up is crisp and it breaks solid without any creep and over travel is almost not there. I have left the trigger pull where it is because it works so well.
Seeing that you haven't gotten much response, I'll give you mine.

I don't have the Elf 3-Gun trigger, but I do have 2 of the Match triggers & I'm not exactly sure what the differences are but I'm pretty sure that it's not much.

Mine are set at 3.0 lb & they maintain the setting well, virtually no creep or movement before it breaks, reset is extremely fast & Elf triggers have a half cock notch similar to a 1911 as a safety feature.

When you put your finger on the trigger, you'd better be ready to shoot because as soon as you think about it, the gun is going to fire.

I think they are great triggers & are better than any CMC ever built; the only one close is the Rise 535 & if it were adjustable, I'd like it better as the reset is faster yet, IMO, but it's a fixed weight trigger that is supposed to be 4 lb, but it actually weighs a little more but it is even more crisp than the Elf with just a slightly different feel.

If it was 3 lb, it would be perfect...............but I can't complain as they gave it to me gratis.

If you want & can deal with a single stage trigger, you won't be unhappy with an Elf.

Here's some interesting reading that based on the triggers from the test that I have, I'd say the report is pretty accurate.

www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/04/jeremy-s/ar-15-drop-in-trigger-roundup/

MM
Hey MontanaMan thanks for the link, I just installed a couple of the Rise RA140 SST trigerrers 2 weeks a go, they are superb.MB
Hi guys I appreciate your response, I have kind of forgotten about the geislee 3 gun as there is a considerable amount of travel before the gun fires, I tried one in an acquaintances gun and was not impressed. I am currently pretty close to buying a hiperfire reflex and using it with the 2.5 pound trigger springs, but I am weighting the elftman as well. I watched a video of the hiperfire, you can fire 30 rounds on target (close target) in 6 seconds.
I think 2.5 lb in an AR is too light for a general use gun; the only rifle I might go that low would be for an exclusively precision type rifle.

3 lb has been just fine for me in several guns with single stage triggers & I'm really not needing to go that low,

MM
I was looking at the fostech binary trigger as well, but I am of a mind these are great for blowing a lot of ammunition but good for little else. A 2.5-3 with tiny reset and no travel to fire might be better.
© 24hourcampfire