Print Thread
Hop To
J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Has this trigger been discussed? I am comparing it to a G super 3 gun for about the same price. Its not for a gun that will see precision shooting, the super 3 gun is supposed to be a fast trigger, very short reset, very light 3.5 pound trigger pull. The elf is a few bucks more but I see it adjusts to 2.5 pounds. Anyone use an elftman 3 gun? Anyone use a hiperfire 24 3?

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I run that trigger in my AR10. The take up is crisp and it breaks solid without any creep and over travel is almost not there. I have left the trigger pull where it is because it works so well.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seeing that you haven't gotten much response, I'll give you mine.

I don't have the Elf 3-Gun trigger, but I do have 2 of the Match triggers & I'm not exactly sure what the differences are but I'm pretty sure that it's not much.

Mine are set at 3.0 lb & they maintain the setting well, virtually no creep or movement before it breaks, reset is extremely fast & Elf triggers have a half cock notch similar to a 1911 as a safety feature.

When you put your finger on the trigger, you'd better be ready to shoot because as soon as you think about it, the gun is going to fire.

I think they are great triggers & are better than any CMC ever built; the only one close is the Rise 535 & if it were adjustable, I'd like it better as the reset is faster yet, IMO, but it's a fixed weight trigger that is supposed to be 4 lb, but it actually weighs a little more but it is even more crisp than the Elf with just a slightly different feel.

If it was 3 lb, it would be perfect...............but I can't complain as they gave it to me gratis.

If you want & can deal with a single stage trigger, you won't be unhappy with an Elf.

Here's some interesting reading that based on the triggers from the test that I have, I'd say the report is pretty accurate.

www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/04/jeremy-s/ar-15-drop-in-trigger-roundup/

MM

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Hey MontanaMan thanks for the link, I just installed a couple of the Rise RA140 SST trigerrers 2 weeks a go, they are superb.MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Hi guys I appreciate your response, I have kind of forgotten about the geislee 3 gun as there is a considerable amount of travel before the gun fires, I tried one in an acquaintances gun and was not impressed. I am currently pretty close to buying a hiperfire reflex and using it with the 2.5 pound trigger springs, but I am weighting the elftman as well. I watched a video of the hiperfire, you can fire 30 rounds on target (close target) in 6 seconds.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think 2.5 lb in an AR is too light for a general use gun; the only rifle I might go that low would be for an exclusively precision type rifle.

3 lb has been just fine for me in several guns with single stage triggers & I'm really not needing to go that low,

MM

J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I was looking at the fostech binary trigger as well, but I am of a mind these are great for blowing a lot of ammunition but good for little else. A 2.5-3 with tiny reset and no travel to fire might be better.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

471 members (007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 160user, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 39 invisible), 2,234 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,394
Posts18,469,959
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.