Home
Not the cheapest trigger, but a great MD price. 179 shipped.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/geissele-super-semi-automatic-enhanced-trigger.html
I like them a lot, but they keep raising their "sale" price every holiday.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

They have been $179.99, every time I've bought one...
Geissele has 25% off their whole site through today as well.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

I think 179 is about the lowest I bought one. Maybe they were lower, then added shipping? 179 price is with shipping. 240 plus shipping is standard.
Originally Posted by Terryk

I think 179 is about the lowest I bought one. Maybe they were lower, then added shipping? 179 price is with shipping. 240 plus shipping is standard.

I got one at $159 a while back. Should have bought all 3 that I needed at that time. Can't remember who, but they must have been trying to dump all their remaining large pin units.
for the money get a LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Trigger for $87. I've found them to be a better trigger than the SSA-E. first stage take up is very smooth with a crisper break. it's all i use now. YMMV.

Watch their industry page on arfcom, I bought a G2S for $100 with a bunch of swag to go with it.

I bought one of their single stage triggers a couple of months ago and so far it is surprising me. It was too light for me from the factory, reading at 2.5 lbs on my gauge so I installed a heavier hammer spring and it now reads 3 lbs. I can feel just a hint of creep as it goes over the edge. But I'll be danged if it ain't the easiest trigger to shoot offhand that I've tried. I need to shoot it more than I have to see if I need another one but I'm thinking I might.

LaRue makes a good trigger but all of mine have went down the road in favor of G.
I like my SSA-E a lot. I will say years of shooting single stage hunting triggers of various weight and quality force me to "pay attention" when shooting it.
They are pieces of fhuqking schit.

Hint...……………..
Originally Posted by Big Stick
They are pieces of fhuqking schit.

Hint...……………..

Stick, c'moan, man............................quit holdin' back, just tell 'em whatcha really think about them Geiselle's. grin (laughin' here)

MM
Easily THE most over rated fire control system of ALL fhuqking time.

Pardon my suffering them.

Hint...……………….(grin)
LOL!
You could break an anvil with a rubber hammer!

You are THE most over rated shooter in your own mind of all time. laugh
Trybone,

There’s no slighting how very WELL founded your copius Insecurities are. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some.

Hint................
You've shot it all, but you haven't hit much.

You know less than nothing. In fact, what you "know" would make nearly everybody else shoot worse.
Trybone,

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint................
They are expensive, but they hit hard, and don’t wear out. I had others and after a while they would wear through the hardening.
Maybe there are cheaper options, but they are still first class.
Trybone,

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Congratulations?!?

Hint................
I'm P-100 MFer. What are you?
Kindergarden is still in session I see. One of these days twig might move up to 1st grade.

I'm sure glad I'm not that miserable in life though.

Has no clue who Bill and family even are to boot.
They are expensive, but they hit hard, and don’t wear out. I had others and after a while they would wear through the hardening.

Expensive? Price a jewel for a bolt gun? IIRC, and this is no flame on you, just comments, a milazzo( probably a POS in Twigs mind too) was about 180 in the late 80s or early 90s IIRC.... means prices have not changed much in one way.

I"m all about a cheap RRA or maybe even a La Rue these days too, for most things, but I go into that knowing I will have to shoot them some, and then pull em apart and tweak em a bit. I'm ok with that for the most part for the savings as I generally have more time than money.
Originally Posted by rost495

Expensive? Price a jewel for a bolt gun? IIRC, and this is no flame on you, just comments, a milazzo( probably a POS in Twigs mind too) was about 180 in the late 80s or early 90s IIRC.... means prices have not changed much in one way.

I"m all about a cheap RRA or maybe even a La Rue these days too, for most things, but I go into that knowing I will have to shoot them some, and then pull em apart and tweak em a bit. I'm ok with that for the most part for the savings as I generally have more time than money.

rost, have you tried the G2S trigger? I tried one of those yesterday and really liked it. It was between the worked over RRA that we love and my SSA-E... I was pretty impressed with it...
G2S is same trigger as SAA w/o the certs.

Put a lighter trigger spring on & it will be an SSA-E..................................

But lately, I have more single stage triggers than 2 stage trigger, just depends.

MM
I do not have a single geiselle because I'm not building new guns and have not for years. I have shot them though in friends newer guns.

I am not sure on the G2S at all.

I don't like single stage in an AR period, but thats probably due to years of 2 stage I'm so used to them, and the fact that used to be single stage of any decency were dangerous eventually. Or too heavy for my tastes.

One of these years... I have 2 stripped lowers in AK here now, and will eventually build them. For some use. Only brought a Wilson tubed 223 up with me.
A 2 Stage is generally better for an AR for at least 3 reasons:

1) It has a lighter safe final pull weight.
2) It is safer with a lighter final pull because it does a better job of preventing bump fire type inadvertent shots and slam fires (This gets more important the heavier the BCG is, for example in AR10s, SCAR-Hs, etc).
3) It gives better ignition because you can have a heavier hammer spring and still have a good pull weight.
That may have been the case in the past, not so much any more, IMO.

Elftmann's are superb & have a half-cock notch similar to a 1911 for safety; lots of other, new single stage triggers today that were not there even 5 years ago today....................time move on.

For me, also depends on use................for 3-gun, never a 2 stage, on a precision LR rifle, I do prefer it. Just depends.....................

YMMV

MM
I do not have a single geiselle because I'm not building new guns and have not for years. I have shot them though in friends newer guns.

I am not sure on the G2S at all.

I don't like single stage in an AR period, but thats probably due to years of 2 stage I'm so used to them, and the fact that used to be single stage of any decency were dangerous eventually. Or too heavy for my tastes.

One of these years... I have 2 stripped lowers in AK here now, and will eventually build them. For some use. Only brought a Wilson tubed 223 up with me.

rost, you should try a G2S and compare it to the RRA varmint match. Even compare it to one that has been polished out and made right. I think you'd like the G2S. I know I was quite surprised. I'm used to my SSA-E and re-worked RRA varmint match triggers. To me, sometimes the SSA-E is a little light, but a damn good trigger. The G2s almost splits the RRA and SSA-E right down the middle. It's also less money than the SSA-E and just a bit more than the RRA. When on sale, I think they run right around $110.00-$140.00

rost, have you tried the G2S trigger? I tried one of those yesterday and really liked it. It was between the worked over RRA that we love and my SSA-E... I was pretty impressed with it...

The G2S-E from Brownells has the same pull specs as the SSA-E for less scratch. The G2S has the same pull specs as the standard SSA. G2S's save $ due to different trigger retention spring, no laser etching, batch testing.
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

Elftmann's are superb & have a half-cock notch similar to a 1911 for safety; lots of other, new single stage triggers today that were not there even 5 years ago today....................time move on.

For me, also depends on use................for 3-gun, never a 2 stage, on a precision LR rifle, I do prefer it. Just depends.....................

YMMV

MM

I've been trying the Geissele single stage and for someone who's been on the 2 stage wagon for 20 years now, I'm about to jump off especially when it comes to shooting offhand. I think I still like the 2 stage for long range precision but there's no comparison for shooting offhand quickly.
Yep, you got it.

MM
When I'm ready I'll call Bill. I have not spoken with him in years. Like calling John at White Oak, they know their product and I'm sure the suggestions will fill the need.

As to 2 stage vs single, I've shot a lot of 3 gun with 2 stage. A lot of offhand too. I'm not saying my scores wouldn't go up with a single stage. But I never really had complaints as it was.

For service rifle I just don't see the advantage of single stage for offhand. I want the preload. Plus we have a weight minimum to hold to at 4.5 pounds so it works better that way.

I need to get my head into fishing though asap. I have first clients Wednesday.
Jeff, the key word in TWR's comment about shooting Standing with a single stage was "quickly".

The precision required in HP is a whole 'nuther animal.

I've had students who were very good 3 Gunners try to shoot like that at CMP clinics. It does not work out for them.
Shooting quickly off hand is why I went away from 2 stage triggers on match guns.
Gotta have the right tool for your game.
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Jeff, the key word in TWR's comment about shooting Standing with a single stage was "quickly".

The precision required in HP is a whole 'nuther animal.

I've had students who were very good 3 Gunners try to shoot like that at CMP clinics. It does not work out for them.

Totally understood but trophy trigger rolling a 2 stage is pretty dang fast IMHO. Fast enough for me to place in local matches years ago...

And note I've not had time or money or effort to buy something supposedly perfect like an Elftman or such yet.
Kinda hard to roll that trophy finger when shooting multiple targets, especially when you might be required to move and keep your finger out of the trigger guard.

Different uses require different tools at times.

For me, the difference is by the time I touch the trigger, the shot is made before I can screw it up by staging the trigger. I'm not a convert yet but that's due to me shooting pistol every weekend. When I start playing with AR's again, I'm going to try it on our steel range as well. It might work better for me cause I can easily overthink the shot.
Don't mistake my take. I'm saying I can do well enough just playing.

In service rifle I took every advantage and practiced how to get advantages.

I totally understand the single stage 3 gun. I also know that at the closer ranges I can roll right through the 1st stage as needed which is good enough for not playing to win,. OTOH I I know that involves time.

Once we got use to Glock type triggers, that remind me of SKS triggers, then you can deal with them.

That said even having mags on your belt at different angles to increase speed I get all those types of things including single stage.,.
A 2 Stage is generally better for an AR for at least 3 reasons:

1) It has a lighter safe final pull weight.
2) It is safer with a lighter final pull because it does a better job of preventing bump fire type inadvertent shots and slam fires (This gets more important the heavier the BCG is, for example in AR10s, SCAR-Hs, etc).
3) It gives better ignition because you can have a heavier hammer spring and still have a good pull weight.

Sweetie,

Less is more and folks who "know" as "much" as you,are ALWAYS better served by asking questions,than giving "answers". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Your STUPIDITY is just plum fhuqking AMAZING.

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint..................
Originally Posted by TWR
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

YMMV

MM

I've been trying the Geissele single stage and for someone who's been on the 2 stage wagon for 20 years now, I'm about to jump off especially when it comes to shooting offhand. I think I still like the 2 stage for long range precision but there's no comparison for shooting offhand quickly.

Prezactly.

I hate Double Squeezers on all things Krunchenticker,no matter the frame size or application. A good single simply CRUSHES them.

Now start talking an Anschutz Double Squeeze,with some REAL fhuqking virtues and I prolly roll a few that way.(grin)

Nice to have uniformity in a fire control system for a Krunchenticker,so one can rule schit out...rather than add variables to the fray.

Hint...................
Please MFer, as I said before, people who listen to you are left more ignorant.

What have you won? Nothing. Stick to fishing.
Trybone,

There's no slighting,how your very WELL founded Insecurities consume you. Congratulations?!?

What do you do for a "living"? LAUGHING!

Bless your heart...you poor poor(literally) brokedick fhuqk.

Hint...................
Tell me about your 1 1/2lb single stage AR trigger, you stupid MFer.

I'm not stick . .. By a long ways lol . I have a cmc trigger that is listed as 2.5 pound competition model . after I installed it I thought it felt liter tha 2.5 and scaled it it was 1.5 pounds . so....
Trybone,

Your Brokedick CLUELESSNESS is simply fhuqking hilarious. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.........................
Originally Posted by ldholton

I'm not stick . .. By a long ways lol . I have a cmc trigger that is listed as 2.5 pound competition model . after I installed it I thought it felt liter tha 2.5 and scaled it it was 1.5 pounds . so....

Add Flattie leverage and mechanics work in one's favor.

Reliably...............(grin)

[Linked Image]
Good luck with it.
Originally Posted by ldholton

Add Flattie leverage and mechanics work in one's favor.

Reliably...............(grin)

[Linked Image]

Not sure about the inside of the bang switch but the lever is the same as to the trigger I was referring to.
Good luck with it.

Trybone,

You Brokedick CLUELESS Fhuqks need luck,in order to afford the things you TRY to "talk" about. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for fhuqking trying though.

LAUGHING!

Hint.............
I don't shoot 'em in small frames much,except in 22LR,multiple Hummers,Whizzum,various 223's,224 Grendels and 6 Grendels.

Unless I'm sandbagging..................(grin)
You don't shoot them in 10s? Why not?

Of course you'll tell us about it when you fat-finger a double or the sear wears out.
Trybone,

Pardon my sandbagiing,why you CLUELESSLY grasp at straws. Hint. Congratulations?!?

LAUGHING!

Hint..................

[Linked Image]
Of course you have all the time & money to shoot in a competition. So why don't you pick one and post the match report up here?
Or are you just a broke-dik hoarder?
Trybone,

It'll only come as a "surprise",to someone who "does" as "much" as you...that shooting is a breeze,for them who do same. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Your need for validation,is only surpassed by the hilarity of your WELL founded Insecurities.

Bless your heart for crying,you CLUELESS Fhuqk.

Hint.........................
Please, if you were so secure you'd be anxious to show how you stack up. But much like your stature, you fail in shooting too.

Get out that 6MQ and SHOW us what a superior piece it is. I think it sucks and you are a liar.
Trybone,

What you "think",is nothing but hilarious. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.................
Too poor? Not enough spare time? Or, too unskilled?

You are probably all of the above.
Trybone,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it as you MUST...because there's nothing funnier than your Whining CLUELESSNESS trying to "talk" rifles or anything else. Congratulations?!?

Your plethora of very WELL founded Insecurities,is fhuqking hilarious you "lucky" kchunt.

Hint.....................
You are like talking to a parrot. You have about 5 responses to any question. Let's get that "Fug Stick Bingo" game going again. Or maybe someone would be willing to keep books on wagers as to which canned response you'll roll out next.
Trybone,

You didn't get a Shipment of IQ in the morning's Mail,nor win The Lottery...so what the fhuqk could possibly "change",with your Drooling Dumbfhuqktitude? Hint. Congratulations?!?

I enjoy your Vagina Monologue,as yet another Melting Snowflake does her best and fails to connect a single fhuqking dot.

Hint....................
I enjoy your Vagina Monologue

I know that's probably on your mind a lot since your wife stopped putting up with your schitt. Maybe you can find a bear to put out for you. laugh
Trybone,

Your surging Estrogen Levels,frost your heartfelt Whine copiously(that means a bunch). Hint. Congratulations?!?

I enjoy you Day Dreaming Do NOTHING Droolers and your Dumbfhuqktitude.

Bless your heart for doing your best.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..................
always felt sorry for folks with small vocabularies. But they seem to do well in their own worlds anyway. And it seems to amuse them. I suspect thats good enough for the world they live in.
'495,

What were the "odds" of you being a CLUELESS Fhuqk,as well as a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,as you yet again "forgot" about your Imaginary Pretend Ignore? Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for Whining.

Hint........................
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

makes me smile everytime
nerd,

I appreciate your taking the time,to "flaunt" both your Imagination and it's Pretend. Congratulations?!?

You Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit.

Bless your heart.

Hint................
don't they have mental health clinics in paradise Alaska? someone could open one and have all the client"s they need just in BS.
queerstalker,

Pardon my simply shooting everything you read/dream about. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for fhuqking Whining though.

Hint.......................
Borealis Behavioral Health LLC
5.01 Google review
Counselor in Palmer, Alaska
Address: 634 S Bailey St # 207, Palmer, AK 99645
Hours: Closed ⋅ Opens 9AM Mon

Phone: (907) 745-7080
Palmer is a long way from Larry
Originally Posted by deerstalker
Borealis Behavioral Health LLC
5.01 Google review
Counselor in Palmer, Alaska
Address: 634 S Bailey St # 207, Palmer, AK 99645
Hours: Closed ⋅ Opens 9AM Mon

Phone: (907) 745-7080

Jesus you missed this one by a country mile..
© 24hourcampfire