Home
Posted By: 257ROBT EABCO BRM's - 10/25/10
Just wondering if anyone here is shooting EABCO's BRM catridges and if you have any thoughts on them? Also, any thoughts as to the 97D rifle or Encore barrel your shooting with?

Dale
Posted By: selmer Re: EABCO BRM's - 10/25/10
Dale,
I don't use them, but I don't see anything surprising or particularly unique about them. He simply touts driving heavy-for-caliber bullets for good performance, nothing new excepet the package. His 6.5BRM won't do anything a properly loaded 6.5x55 or .260 Remington won't do. I'm sure he builds fine rifles, but his hype reminds me a bit of George Herter...
Posted By: keith Re: EABCO BRM's - 10/25/10
Dale, you have a PM
Posted By: War_Eagle Re: EABCO BRM's - 10/25/10
There was a gent here who had one of EABCO's rifles in 6.5mm BRM. I forget who it was but perhaps he could chime in with a report on the rifle/chambering now that he has had it for a bit.

Went back and found the old thread here .

So, CaptMdnght, how does she shoot now that you have had her for a little more than a year?
Posted By: HOGGHEAD Re: EABCO BRM's - 10/25/10
The performance of the actual cartridge is not spectacular. There are plenty of cartridges that will have the same ballistic performance. That part is true.

The real beauty is the way the brass head spaces. And the cartridges virtually eliminate the main problem single shot folding rifles have. And that is striking the primer but not firing the shot. Becasue his brass headspaces on the rim, not on the shoulder. And it also eliminates all the sizing problems that alot of people run into with the single shots. Especially the Encore's. Which are caused by the gap between the barrel and frame.

When the firing pin hits the primer the first thing that happens is the casing is pushed forward into the chamber until it is impeded by "something". Be that the headspace on the shoulder, or on the rim. So there is no movement of the case when the rim holds the case, so there are no misfires, and no case dimension changes, so it will be inherently more accurate.

Look at the old Contender. The reason why the 30-30 and other rimmed cartridges were the most successful was because of the rim on the cartridge. Same idea.

And his opinion on the heavy bullets is definitely the way to go(IMO). Tom.
© 24hourcampfire